New and finding my way around here (I think I am anyway! lol)

Tell me about it! I am literally surrounded by people who aren't dieting, don't want to diet, don't want to hear about my diet... And worst of all keep offering me tasty treats! It's like a sanctuary on here!

Hi maria! I'm 2st in too, I don't know about you but I'm finding it a slightly challenging part, as I'm really still motivated but because I've lost some my mind thinks "oh you've done well you're done now, just eat what you like!" which always happens, then I end up self sabotaging unknowingly until recently realised... this time is going to be different, good luck :)

Tell me about it! I am literally surrounded by people who aren't dieting, don't want to diet, don't want to hear about my diet... And worst of all keep offering me tasty treats! It's like a sanctuary on here!
Hi Heather :)
It's awful when people try to tempt you isn't it? Luckily my husband is also a Slimming World member and so far has lost 3 stone! It really has made it easier for me this time. He had no tolerance before :mad: I hope that you can keep strong and prove them all wrong! Good Luck ;)
Hi maria! I'm 2st in too, I don't know about you but I'm finding it a slightly challenging part, as I'm really still motivated but because I've lost some my mind thinks "oh you've done well you're done now, just eat what you like!" which always happens, then I end up self sabotaging unknowingly until recently realised... this time is going to be different, good luck :)
Hi Passion Fruit....what a lovely nom de plume :)
2 st is a kind of strange plateau........lots lost but still some way to go! Don't give up, you've done so well. Do you belong to a slimming group? It's really helped me keep motivated. Good luck............only 1st.13lb to go..........you're over half way there :)

Aww thanks Maria I wanted something fruity combined with my passion for wanting this lol :)

So glad the group keeps you motivated, I have been to 3 different groups and unfortunately have not felt part of it, and even had one consultant embarrass me actually which I don't think is the norm. I was asking her all about what I could have on the plan and whether it was realistic for me to start then or wait a few months, as at the time my diet was severely restricted, I spoke to her on the phone beforehand so she could look into it before I arrived at the group especially as she hadn't dealt with the issues I had i.e. a 6mth old baby with a severe milk allergy, breastfeeding him meant I had to remove all milk products from my diet, being vegetarian aswell. She told me quite frankly that I obviously wasn't committed at all to losing weight and that I needed to rethink my attitude towards it all as I was putting excuses in the way of my success. Can you imagine my reply? bearing in mind I was an exhausted mum of 3. So needless to say unfortunately I've been put off the groups! I have recently discovered I kept her email in my SW book I'm using now and once I reach my goal I will be sure to email her so she can see exactly how committed she thought I wasn't!

Now my baby is 20mths and has started to outgrow his milk allergy and reduced feeds means I have had a much better time with the SW plan, also had to introduce fish into my diet to help me through that period which I do enjoy now, been really beneficial.

Do you make any low syn/free snacks? other than fruit? as thats what I find the hardest part. I can do fantastic syn free meals but I fall down at the inbetween times.

Do you make any low syn/free snacks? other than fruit? as thats what I find the hardest part. I can do fantastic syn free meals but I fall down at the inbetween times.

That's exactly the same as me! I'm so sick of the sight of fruit lol. To be fair the longer I've done it the less hungry I feel. My go to non-fruit snacks tend to be: Mugshots (most flavours free, some 1 or 2 syns), Muller Light Yoghurts (again most flavours free, some 1 or 1.5 syns), Caramel Jumbo Snack a Jacks (2.5 syns each) and Hartley's Sugar Free Jelly Pots (0.5 syns each). I've yet to make anything syn free to snack on though, a bit of inspiration would be good.

Ah yes I forgot about the mugshots I had in the cupboard.. I do have a lot of Muller light yoghurts, do you think you can have too many? I must buy some snack a jacks next time I go shopping as they would be good for my chocolate cravings, could have some fat free fromage fraiche on one. I'm going to look online for a biscuity recipe, I never realised how dependent I am on those little crunchy sugar filled bombs!

Yeah the chocolate snack a jacks are 3 syns each, but they do satisfy a little chocolate craving. I don't know if you can overdose on Muller Lights... lol. I'm having the Vanilla & Cherry underlayer one at the minute - 1.5 syns but so worth it! Have you tried the Banana and Custard one?

Yes oh my they are nice, but usually out of stock when I do my online shopping! I find a hot chocolate really good for my chocolate cravings, the highlights one, 2 syns, it's definitely worth it. I'm going to try making the meringue later, I've seen it's not always successful but I'm prepared to give it a try so I can have it with strawberries and fromage frais. wish me luck hopefully won't be disappointed but won't get my hopes up just in case!

Wow! I've only been off-line one day and I'm missing all the 'gos' lol I'm a rather late riser now that I'm retired and tend to have a brunch instead of a breakfast and lunch ;) Most of my meals are no-syns so I usually have a supper with my healthy extras and use my syns for snacks, my favourite being Alpen Light chocolate and fudge bars (3 sys each). I love cheesy mugshots as well if I'm peckish between meals. I tried to make lo-syn brownies and ended up throwing them in the bin....they were that awful! :confused: So sorry your group leader was so unhelpful and embarrassed you. How awful!!! I'd have had to leave I think. No wonder it put you off going. I think I've been so lucky. Good luck with your new lifestyle though, and I'm so glad that your baby is recovering. I only had 2 boys and can't imagine how you cope with 3 young children love! Make sure you get some good before and after photos to show off when you get down to your target weight....I would love to see them :)

I tried the brownies too Maria and wasn't too keen, I made the lemon drizzle cake last night as I was really craving cake and it turned out not too bad, it was 8 syns for the whole cake and I've eaten about half of it today. It's been nice broken into pieces in mullerlight yoghurt.

Heather I like the options with quark, I have it on an evening when the chocolate craving is just so high I think I will burst if I don't get chocolate right that second lol theres a highlights one with fudge that I like, have you tried it? I need to buy the white chocolate options one.

How did you both get on today?

White chocolate options is lovely mixed with 0% Yeo Greek Yogurt! Perfect for strawberry dipping lol It's nice with quark too....thick and creamy :D I absolutely LOVE Lemon drizzle cake! Where did you find the recipe sweetie? What is your name by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

Hello Nicola! Thank you so much for the recipe love......going to have a bash this coming week :) I ended up watching loads of food videos, now I'm hungry again! lol Keep in touch, if you need a bit of encouragement, I'm here :rolleyes: I'll let you know how I get on with the lemon drizzle cake!
Maria x

I know Maria I ended up watching loads too! Thank-you for the support, likewise if I can help you I'd be happy to, losing weight is hard, I think you said your husband was doing it with you? That's great support, mine eats anything and has never had to worry about his weight the lucky so n so ;)

I like the recipe vids as you can see what it's suppose to look like. Just a tip on the lemon drizzle don't wrap it tightly in clingfilm, it makes it soggy, wrap lightly or just put in a tub but leave it ajar, tasted much more dry and cakey :)

Back