New and getting it wrong

Hi everyone , I have joined today and havent got the hang of it yet , i think i have posted in the wrong places . Anyway I am very overweight and hope you will be able to help me stick to my diet .
I have at least 7 stone to lose . I have been overweight for all of my life and lost weight over and over again but always put it back on . I am 62 now and need to sort it as my health isnt good . So hope I can join you all and get it sorted :)

Hi jillysdiet & welcome.

I'm 60 & have been dieting on & off all my adult life. I have type 2 diabetes so I am hoping this time I'll lose weight and improve my diabetes as well.

I joined Slimming World 2 weeks ago and was quite disappointed as I only lost 1lb the first week. However at my second weigh in today I have lost a further 4.5 lbs so am chuffed to bits. I have been on Weight Watchers diets in the past & it did work but find SW really good & easy to fit in with my lifestyle. Are you going to a club & if so which one?

I am so pleased I found this site as there are loads of tips & lots of support. We are all in it together, remember. ?

Good Luke with your weight loss. .... Look forward to reading your progress.?

Roberta.

Hi jilly, I only joined today. Am wanted to lose five stone, dont care how long it takes but am determined to stick to it this time. Lots of luck. I too need to lose for health reasons as well as to make me feel better about myself. I am 41.

Hi jilly, welcome to the site, you will find lots of advice and encouragment here, i have used lots of the recipes from the slimming world posts that others have shared. xx

Hi BobbiT , I am glad there are other 60 year olds on the site i thought i might be on my own . My daughter as type 2 and my dad as type 1 so i know a bit about diabetes . I hope you can get your health sorted , my daughter lost her weight and is a lot better .
I havent joined a club I dont really get on with them . I have stuck to it and hope i can report that i have lost on Tuesday .
Good Luck and hope we will speak again . jilly

hello and welcome, this is best place to be for support :) best of luck xxx

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you hun x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

jillysdiet said:
Thanks everyone for your lovely welcome , I will post when i get weighed tuesday

Hi jillysdiet

How have you been getting on? I've been on holiday so haven't been on here lately. Got back weds lunch time & went to class thurs morning (rather than wait for my normal class Friday morning) as I wanted to know the damage. ;)

Dead chuffed as I'd only put on 1 lb .........not bad at all for 2 weeks away all inclusive.

Don't forget to let us know your losses. :)

wow bobbi, thats really good. hope you had a lovely holiday.. Jilly, how are you doing. xx

sue70 said:
wow bobbi, thats really good. hope you had a lovely holiday.. Jilly, how are you doing. xx

Thanks Sue. Yes I was pleased with that. However today I was ecstatic when I weighed in as I'd lost 3 1/2 lbs this week! Whoop whoop.

I'm now down 10.5 lbs in total. A long way to go but plodding along nicely. :)

Hope you are getting on ok.

Wow bobbi, thats brilliant. I have lost 2lb this week. Which has taken me to 13st 13lb. Just happy to be out of the 14's lol. Have set myself some targets, first one being to lose two stone by end of september as off to turkey for a week. Only 13lb to go so hopefully i will be on track. Heres to us all having a good week. xx

sue70 said:
Wow bobbi, thats brilliant. I have lost 2lb this week. Which has taken me to 13st 13lb. Just happy to be out of the 14's lol. Have set myself some targets, first one being to lose two stone by end of september as off to turkey for a week. Only 13lb to go so hopefully i will be on track. Heres to us all having a good week. xx

Sue, that's great.. Isn't it lovely gettingy down to that next stone bracket? Cant wait to be. Back in the 13's. again as haven't seen that for a while! :) that's still 7 lbs away so I hope to be there by my birthday in 4 weeks time. Might be difficult as have been out for 2 meals this weekend & not exactly on plan!!!!' The way you are going I'm sure you'll hit your target before your holiday.

Good luck. :). Xx

Last edited:
Back