New and Interesting!

glittermonkey

I am looking to expand my horizons in terms of sw free food and i wonder can anyone tell me of an exotic fruit/veg/interesting item from the asian/polish/ethnic supermarkets to buy. so far i have used those shops to buy coconut essence to make FREE KORMA (still cant get over that!) If anyone knows what to do with cassava i would also be grateful. so, suggestions ladies and gents?

I've no suggestions but would love a link to the free korma please! :)

I've no suggestions but would love a link to the free korma please! :)

I have no link as i just make it up as i go along. I am making it for dinner durng the week so i will write it down and post on here with pics, but basically i mix a tub of quark, fat free fromage frais, garlic powder, garam masala, tumeric, cumin and some coconut essence and mix it up. there is some other spices im sure but im such a slap dash cook i cant think of them!

I don't buy exotic fruit/veg but do buy all my curry powders now from the Asian shop, I also buy some tinned curry I think it's a potato & spinach one which is low syns, I also buy tinned spinach which is cheap & freeze what I don't use.

I did buy savoury semolina recently not high syns and it's served as a breakfast with egg curry, that was really nice.

Cassava makes lovely fries - they sell them in the Las Iguanas restaurants - treat it like potato :)

Back