New and nervous!

sam_watkins1990

Hey,

I've been using this site for a while but always been to scared to join fearing that no one would talk to me.

I have literally been on a diet for as long as I can remember and tried everything!

I'm now in a situation where I am thinking of trying another low cal diet like Cambridge and need to get my bf involved as well as he has gained 5 stone in the 3 years we have been together and he wasn't small when we met.

Need to hit it hard this time as have a holiday in May and don't want to feel self conscious next to my skinny best friend who I am going with.

Good luck on whatever plan you decide to use. I have only ever used WW and found it fits in with everything I need it too. Relationships do tend to whack a couple (;)) of lbs on don't they. Welcome on board anyway.

Thanks. I have tried WW before and didn't have much success, I have had some success on SW as was weighed earlier in the year at 19st 11lbs which shocked me as I never thought I would be that close to 20st. I now weigh in at 18st 3lbs but have lost motivation and feel I need to try something that is going to give me some quicker results to get me back on track and also help my fb as he can't seem to stick with a healthy eating plan at this point in time.

So hard to encourage someone when they are such a fussy eater. He doesn't like fruit, salad and will only eat a couple of types of veg so all healthy eating plans are a nightmare to try and work around him :(

If you want quick results then it might be worth looking into VLCDs. There's loads out there to pick from and not all are purely shake based like people assume. Most can be bought online now and delivered quickly.

Yeah that's what I am looking into ATM I have done lighter life in the past and did really well, I kept the weight off for around six months and then slowly started putting it back on and 6 years later in back to where I started.

I'm going to be trying the diet with my partner as he needs to lose weight for personal and health reasons, he is only 27 and struggles to bend down and walks so slow and gets breathless and I'm concerned for him.

Was looking into exante because of the fact you don't need to be part of a group and it's cheaper and as we are saving for a house we can't afford some of the prices of other diets like lighter life or the Cambridge diet.

Might be worth looking at Slim and Save or something else as there are cheaper than Exante out there too. slim and Save get cheaper the more you order so if you are both on the same plan it might be worth ordering the largest amount which would be 2 weeks each and getting it for less than £30 a week each.

Thanks, I will look into that one. Have ordered a few bits from the exante site just to see what the products are like as didn't want to order a lot and then realise I can't stomach it as found the Cambridge ones awful and lasted 3 days. I have no idea how I did 13 weeks the first time round on lighter life.

Hey Sam, I'm new too!
I'm a total chocolate fiend so I'm trying Slimfast this time. Hopefully the chocolate shakes and three 100 cal chocolate snacks a day will keep my evil sweet tooth at bay lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have tried slim fast in the past but I was in my younger teens and being told to diet by my mum which was never a good combination. I know she was only trying to help but when you are nagged at it makes you want to do everything bit diet.

I remember they tasted nice and it didn't feel like I was on a diet but only stuck as it for about a week like most diets I have tried.

Hope that it's something you can stick at

Hi Sam, welcome, I'm new to the site too, apart from reading it for a couple of months first, I have been dieting a while now and can recommend Slim and Save, if you've done LL then I think it'll be a decent switch, the food packs are much better than I expected, its pretty cheap, esp the occasional ebay offerings & the starter pack, and I lost loads of weight on it! Good luck on your journey whatever you decide to do x

I had a quick look at slim and save and although the price is appealing there doesn't see to be as much of a choice in terms of flavours and products

Maybe I was on the wrong site, it just said a choice from 5 shakes whereas exante had bars and the things like porridge etc which I thought was more appealing than just shakes.

Do you think it would be ok to combine 2 VLCD as I like the idea of the shake on the go style they have on exante as it would be good for my partner to take to work whereas I work from home so can make things up easier.

I know that they can be done in shakers but he is so lazy and I'm so desperate for him to lose weight and keep me focused and I think he would use them as it will seem easy to him

I'm using 2 VLCD products together so can't see why not. I'm using S&S meals and ******** shakes and porridges. I log them on myfitnesspal so can keep tabs on calories and carbs and stay within my limits.

Ok, as think there might be different products from different diets that I would like to try but I think as long as I'm within the calorie intake then it should be ok, I've only ever followed a plan and had a counsellor to sort of tell you want to do

Back