Induction New and started yesterday :)

Dolly_30

Hi everyone

So here I am another newbie!!

I am 31, 5ft 3 and weighing in at around 10st and 3lb. I have dabbled a bit with the Dukan which I thought was great at first I was so determined but I then had a disaster in my kitchen meaning it was out of action for over a week, no oven = falling off the wagon ha!

So anyway I have now chosen Atkins because it is less restrictive.

This was my menu today does it look ok?

B - Atkins shake
L - 2 chicken thighs with rocket and lettuce
D - 2 Rashors of smoked bacon with mushrooms and grilled tomato
Snack - 2 mini cathedral city cheese.

Many thanks x

Hi

I'm on day 6 now and it's going well although I haven't weighed myself yet!

I am starting to lose my appetite now too so hopefully that means I am in ketosis.

I've mainly been eating chicken and prawns with some veg and some cheese to nibble on..

How are you getting on?

Aw good for u not weighing yourself! It's so hard to resist stepping on scales. Yeah I'm def noticing a difference in my appetite. I'm such an unadventurous eater so I really need to start branching out a bit. I really struggle with veg. Honestly my diet before was totally carb and sugar orientated this is so strange to me!! Good luck with your weigh in let me know how it goes xx

Same ish as me too and I'm back again after getting to goal at Christmas!! I'm 5ft 2 and weighed in this morning with 10lb to lose in order to get back!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can't wait to weigh myself but as it's almost my time of the month im worried I will be heavier so won't be my true weight?!

Last night for dinner I made some prawns, Bacon, mushrooms, mixed with courgettes and and spinach for the sauce I just added a bit off double cream and some cheese and a few herbs and spices and it was lovely! x

All the shorties together haha! Good luck triage. I know what u mean about time of month but at least u know that if not lost as much as hoped there is a reason behind it and hopefully next week you see it! Just don't be disheartened xx

Hi I'm 5ft 3" and weigh 10st 3lb, heaviest Ive ever been. I started yesterday. only carbs yest were from veg. Today so far ive had
B 4 egg omlette
L smoked salmon with lemon juice
AND
D will be roast beef and pork chops with brocolli and cauliflower.

In between I have coffe with double cream.

Sick of dieting

Hi hows its going ! Im new here, 5'2 (another shortie,) and weighing in at 9.13, would like to loose 1 1/2 stones, but 1 stone would be grest

Hiya
So I've lost 7lb in the 1st 2 week's so I'm happy with that! Moving this weekend so stressed out to the max...not been eating great, not pigging out it's the opposite I've hardly eaten anything, been grabbing food here and there I know that's not good mind you I have had a few wines as well :)... How are you girlies getting on? Xx

Starting day 4 and find I am eating a lot
B 4 Egg om;ette
L Smoked salmon, lemon
D Broccolli, cauliflower, lots meat

Snacks mim, greek yogurt, more meat, spoons of coconut oil, cream in my coffee.

I seem to be eating a lot more than others as I find I am hungry. I need to cut out the greek yogurt altogether as I binge on it. I have no change in weight yet, I weigh myself way too much. Still feel hungry had bad headache yesterday but ok otherwise. Taking multivitamin and potassium tablets.

I wish I knew that I was in ketosis for definate. Strips say no, I'm not thirsty or full of energy so I reckon that I'm not there yet.

Feeling a bit down and out of sorts today :(

Eating a lot as you get into ketosis is normal - once you're settled into it you'll find your appetite decreases. Greek yogurt isn't actually an induction food, however, you should save it for owl. It may well be the reason you havent shown a loss so far and it may be slowing you getting into ketosis- but its early days yet. Ditch the yogurt, keep up the good work and Good luck!

Didn't have any yogurt yesterday but ate huge amounts of fat and protein as was so hungry. I find today that I don't seem to be as hungry, yet.... So far just had a 3 egg omlette with bacon in it and a cup of bovril.

Hiya! Just popping by to subscribe. I'm really confused about the measuring of salad/veg for the induction phase but other than that I really want to try Atkins! Is Bovril 0g of carb?

I fell off the wagon! Don't even know why because I was genuinely doing well. I had a night out with my friends and thought coz I was drinking I'd come off it. Annoyingly I drink alcohol maybe 3 times a year so I'm raging I did it. Need to get back on it and be extra strict. I don't know if I'm having enough veg either xx

Drinking can be terrible for causing people to go off plan! Sounds like you're going to be back on track in no time though. Aim to get around 12-15g of your daily 20g carbs through veg if you can, but going lower isn't really a problem.

Fat is satiating, Atkins recommended we try to get 65% of our daily calorie intake from fat as it reduces appetite and helps kick the fat burning process into gear.

Bovril isn't 0 carb - the carb count will vary depending which Bovril product you use so check the label.

Oh I know but if I was a big drinker maybe I could understand it but I'm not so I'm even more annoyed with myself. I don't think I was getting as much carbs through veg as I should have been ill need to watch that! And now I know not to have the Atkins bars! Xx

Are you doing the 3 cups of veg thing or the counting carbs of veg thing? It seems so low in veg unless I'm doing it wrong? x

I'm kinda just winging it which clearly isn't good so I'm gonna have to sort that out. I've never been a big veg eater so I find if hard!! X

Day 7 and 3lb down. I am thrilled even though I know its prob only fluid but psychologically it helps. Really struggling though. Seem to be eating a lot calorie wise, cos of amount of fat and worry that it may be too much to actually loose from now on. I would be happier if I could have all my fat and still atay around 1200-1500 cals.

Its soooooo hard

Back