New and will start VLCD diet

Linz1971

Hi everyone my name is Linz and I am new to this minimins site at 13 st enough is enough I go on hol in 8 weeks so need to lose couple st fast. Will be starting slim and save mon. Can't wait, looking at people's losses I am very impressed.

Last edited:
D Day tomorrow wish me luck, got the choc shakes ready and brought a big 2 litre jug for my water intake. Headache tablets at the ready x

Headache tablets, really! I lost 2 stone in 2 months food optimising using SW and not one headache, please be careful, surely your body must be telling you something if this makes you have headaches?

The headaches are from detoxing after few days they go away and I feel great, but I suffer headaches on a daily basis, but last time I did this diet after a few days while on this plan never had headaches again, as soon as I stopped headaches came back. Another reason I can't wait to restart, I love this diet, I've done slimming world, weight watchers but didn't lose much weight. We have to find a diet that we can follow and enjoy, I don't do the extreme version of this diet I do eat an evening meal. I couldn't live on just shakes, soups or a bar. I really love my eggs, chicken, fish, salad and veggies. I also eat oily fish and nuts. My losses are just has good as those on only 4 replacement meals. I also exercise 4 times per week. I only want to lose to stone so nothing to drastic for me.

Hi Linz1971, how has it been going for you?

I restarted after having an op earlier in the year. I got weighed on sunday and restarted monday. I've had a slight headache tonight. I suspect I will start to feel better tomorrow.

I am doing 4 packs mostly, although some days I will do 3 packs and a meal.

Good luck, hope you enjoy the plan.

how are you getting on? I don't get headaches going into ketosis but I do when I come out! I feel so much better not eating carbs. I love s n s, lost 12lbs so far in three weeks!

Headache tablets, really! I lost 2 stone in 2 months food optimising using SW and not one headache, please be careful, surely your body must be telling you something if this makes you have headaches?

Caretaker without meaning to sound rude you really don't understand vicds. Headaches are very common the first few days while your body detoxes and gets used to such few carbs. It's not a sign there's a problem. SW and S&S are not comparible

Last edited:
Soz not been on here doing really well 10 lb down in week one and no headaches but I have still been drinking tea and coffee def in ketosis now, on wk two going well, and yes starlight I did think caretakers comment was very rude. He should Stick to slimming world site, thats the diet he is happy following and not pick on the rest of us. Everyone diets differently I would never be rude to anyone dieting no matter what my thoughts maybe.

Well said Linz1971.Each to their own but like u Id never criticise anothers weight loss effort. Congratulations on ur 10lb loss x

Back