New Atkins, New You

im not trying today im feeling light headed as it is. I might have some full caff coffee at weekend :D

I have the new book. I bought it on amazon for £4 - postage free! A bargain.

On the subject of caffeine - for years the intake of too much has been discouraged, for lots of reasons. It is a stimulant, after all. I drink full caff coffee in the early part of the day. In the evenings I now only drink decaff. If I overdo the caffeine I can't sleep - and I already have sleep problems.

As Jim says the science changes all the time and is constantly being updated. Even with citric acid some people won't see a slowing of weight loss nor a kick-out of ketosis whereas others will, and very quickly, too.

As a very long-time vegetarian I am relieved to see extended advice offered to those who don't eat meat. It was once believed that veggies couldn't succeed with Atkins. Since I have lost ten stones and maintained that loss for some time now I know we can succeed! I do think that vegans have a tougher time, so perhaps this is not the 'diet' for them. I was vegan years back and it was just too difficult for me to get sufficient protein without overdosing on tofu, etc. This is, of course, a matter of personal choice.

I love Atkins and low-carbing in general and I wish I'd taken up this approach years sooner. Never mind, I found it in the end, and I can't see me ever going back to high carb eating as a way of life.

You're a super star Girly. :)

I know i've only been on induction over a week but I haven't had tea or coffee but I haven't missed it.
I just have water or diet coke and my skin - I cannot tell you how fabulous it looks and feels and my wee comes out clear (tmi, I know - sorry)
I feel all angelic :p and I dont miss it (and I was a massive tea drinker before)

With you on the skin-effects, I look so much healthier already and its only day 4!

Seriously worried about the citric acid thing now, I'd never heard that was something to avoid so I've been having diet tonic water as it was aspartame free. Am I wrong for having this?

And I was planning on going out tomorrow night where I was gonna be "naughty" and have some gin and diet tonics, if I'm not allowed tonic water, what can I have with it?! :p

This is quite a learning curve :)

Hi if you are still losing drinking citric acid its fine. It just stalls some people!

I'm not sure if I'm losing yet as its still my first week and trying not to weigh myself more than once a week! But I'll give it some time and see how it goes, I'm not drinking an awful lot, was just using it as my fizzy substitute, I'm sure I can find something else!

I'd only worry about it if you haven't lost on your first way in love.

I was drinking squash & lost loads in my first month then had a 2 week stall in my 2nd month it was suggested the citric acid in he squash might be stalling me, I switched to water & lost 4 lbs that week! Just b'coz it doesn;t stall you right now doesn't mean it won't ever... its just trial & error. x

I still have 2 mugs of black coffee a day. Decaf is like non alcohol wine to me- pointless, lol

On the new Atkins book front, mine came yesterday, but I haven't seen it as my DH has pinched it!!!!

He said it's very good :)

i know i am not a long running dieter here (in fact this is only my 4th day) but i have 3 black coffees daily, and to be fair this morning (only 4 days in) have lost 8 pounds already :) (I cant wait for official weigh in on monday), but it could depend on the person i guess...but it has not harmed me so far, and i cant live without my morning cuppa:p

i have cut down on the coffee but not quit it completely, i also take it black

On the new Atkins book front, mine came yesterday, but I haven't seen it as my DH has pinched it!!!!

LOL, I like it. :)

Back