• Poll closed .

Cheb

Gold Member
9780340838051.jpg

RRP £6.99
Save £3.10 (44%)

Price: £3.89 (At Tesco)

About the book

For the second time in her marriage, Mariah White catches her husband with another woman, and Faith, their seven-year-old daughter, witnesses every painful minute. In the aftermath of a sudden divorce, Mariah struggles with depression and Faith begins to confide in an imaginary friend. At first, Mariah dismisses these exchanges as a child's imagination. But when Faith starts reciting passages from the Bible, develops stigmata, and begins to perform miraculous healings, Mariah wonders if her daughter -- a girl with no religious background -- might indeed be seeing God. As word spreads and controversy heightens, Mariah and Faith are besieged by believers and disbelievers alike, caught in a media circus that threatens what little stability they have left. Is Faith a prophet or a troubled little girl? Is Mariah a good mother facing an impossible crisis -- or a charlatan using her daughter to get attention?

Title: Getting Rid of Matthew

9780141025292.jpg

RRP £6.99
Save £3.10 (44%)

Price: £3.89 (At Tesco)

About the book

What to do if Matthew, your secret lover of the past four years, finally decides to leave his wife Sophie (and their two daughters) and move into your flat, just when you're thinking that you might not want him anymore...Plan A - stop shaving your armpits, and your bikini line; tell him you have a moustache that you wax every six weeks; stop having sex with him; pick holes in the way he dresses; don't brush you teeth, or your hair, or the stray hag-whisker that grows out of your chin; buy incontinence pads and leave them lying around. Plan B - accidentally on purpose bump into his wife Sophie; give yourself a fake name and identity; befriend Sophie; actually begin to really like Sophie; snog Matthew's son (whose the same age as you by the way. You're not a paedophile); buy a cat and give it a fake name and identity; befriend Matthew's children. Watch your whole plan go absolutely horribly wrong. Getting Rid of Matthew isn't as easy as it seems, but along the way, Helen will forge an unlikely friendship, find real love and realize that nothing ever goes exactly to plan...

• Format: Hardback
      • Author: Dean Koontz
      • £12.59
      • RRP £17.99
      • Save £5.40 (30%)

• About the book

Mitch Rafferty has just sixty hours to save his wife. A suspense novel -- and love story -- from one of the most acclaimed and popular authors of modern times. What would you do for love? Would you die? Would you kill? Landscape gardener Mitchell Rafferty was busy planting beds of impatiens for one of his clients when his phone rang. It was a voice he didn't know. 'We have your wife. You can get her back for two million cash.' Now he's standing in a normal suburban neighbourhood on a bright summer day having a phone conversation out of his darkest nightmare. Mitch thinks it must be some kind of a joke. But whoever is on the other end of the line is dead serious. 'See that guy across the street?' Rifle fire shatters the stilllness as the man goes down, shot in the head. 'An object lesson.' The caller doesn't care that Mitch has no way of raising such a vast sum. He's confident that Mitch will find a way. 'If he loves his wife enough.' Mitch does love her enough. He's got sixty hours to prove it. He'll pay anything. He'll pay a lot more than two million dollars. A story of love, tenacity and courage with the pace of a runaway train, from its tense opening to its shattering climax, 'The Husband' is a thriller that holds the reader in its relentless grip.

Hi Cheb

How long do we get to read it. I'm a slow reader but I really would like to start reading again.

Dizzy x

i've not long finished reading "Keeping Faith" & really enjoyed it, its one of those books that keeps you reading to find out the outcome.
xx:)

So glad that you are going to join us in a read, now is it Getting rid of Matthew or Keeping Faith that gets your vote?

Seems that Getting rid of Matthew is the fave, I'm happy with anything.

LOL seems like I combined the two names d'oh! I meant Getting Rid of Matthew:D

Though I'll read most things so I'll just go with the majority

OK I'll try to join you this time. Especially after my ten year old was trying to encourage me to read a novel. i felt quite ashamed!

Dizzy x

Was going to vote for Getting rid of Matthew but vote is closed. Will keep an eye open for what to buy and start reading.

Dizzy x

My little boys have been secretly taking about getting me something for mothers day with their pocket money. Will suggest to hubby that he takes them to tesco and suggests they buy me the 'Matthew' book. My eldest has been trying to encourage me to read so I think he will be really pleased if he buys it and they see me reading it.

Much better than chocolates!:)

Dizzy x

all of the books are tempting me!!!!!!! if i had to choose though, i'd choose "getting rid of matthew" [i never read any]

Back