NEW BOOK!

I also don't get how snacking on superfree foods would slow down weight loss... Surely snacking on mugshots would do that! I also doubt very much that SW is in on some great conspiracy to keep us fat (or slow down our losses) it's got to be effective, it's the only way people would join and stay. Bottom line is, if people weren't losing weight on the plan then they'd most likely defect to other slimming groups. SW ain't that stupid.

Gotta say though I'm an EE girl. I think it's soooo healthy, eating a balance of carbs, protein and lots of veg at each meal. You could argue that you can have that balance on the other plans but chances are if you're having trouble eating 1/3 superfree on EE, you're not likely to be doing it on green & red lol.

Hi Honeyoc - no, think that what I've said has been misunderstood.
I have seen diaries whereby people are eating stuff like mugshots as snacks, and not adding superfree, SW actively encourage on EE 1/3rd superfree and all snacks should be superfree not just free.

I also see people saying that when it was the red/green plans they got to target quicker

Personally I use all 3 plans, but I see many people struggling to include the right amount of superfree in their meals & snacks.

I was in no way saying that the plan doesn't work, no, not at all, I was merely mentioning that if someone takes 6 weeks longer to get to target it doesn't hurt SW

As I said, just my thoughts & observations, I wasn't referring to myself

Last edited:
I also think its a shame that extra easy is pushed so much to new members and hope that its not going to be even more so. I know a lot of people lose well on extra easy but there are those that I think would lose even more if they stuck to it 100 % or did red or green days so they could have more hex's.
I've heard lots of people say that they are doing ex easy as they don't really understand the green/red days and c's have said to try the ex easy first etc
So glad I learnt the old way and can do a mix of ex easy and green and even red if it suits me!
Lets hope there is more to the new book than ex easy!

My leader does push EE to everyone who is new, but I don't see anything wrong with that. It is a bit confusing when you go into more than one plan and people will start getting muddled up with double HE's and green and red frees and you could very easily see them going wrong. It's enough to get your head around EE to start with.

I like having mixed days. I would depend on EE if I was having a curry or something (meat and rice) but most days I have green or red. I like red and green equally only because I love the 2 HEs :p

My C had poster inc pics of the new pack / book this morning and it is def orange!!!

She said that SW have said anyone attending a group from xmas week to mid jan will get a new starter pack inc the new book (so if your away ova xmas then back in Jan you will still get the new books)

Changes are as discussed: No shark, tom puree free & the amounts of all the HEX's are changing - rounded up to make life easier so 30g instead of 28g - inc cheese etc
the book will explain Body Magic & EE in more detail (clearer) but will still included original & green day plans

Sounds like they have tried to be fair to all plans but they are going to encourage the EE plan, because its the plan which includes all the food groups, which is normally the easiest option. But the fact we have 3 plans, means everyone will be happy!

Members can have new stickers for the new book - or we can use our 2011 record books to keep our weight record (but just refer to the new one for measurements)

All sounds good to me!

That sounds awesome slimby thanks. I am joining this week so glad to see I will get a new pack too as I will not be missing any weigh ins over Xmas and new year.
It's good they are giving packs out and not just a book this time :)

Debridger said:
In the same vain, but slightly different, our C suggested those wanting branded syn directory / free syn directory should wait, as 2012 versions will be available in the new year

Ours were in class this morning, gonna buy next week cos never had the money on me :)

my friend joined SW last night and got the new book, she text me this morning to say that by the looks of it it is only 1 A choice and 1 B choice on ALL plans? this cant be right can it? I'm hoping she's not reading it properly. I told her it cant say that for red and green but she said she cant see anything about 2 choices just one of each? :eek: :eek:

i wouldnt rely on a new member to give you an accurate description of the plan... she could be getting mixed up... I know I had to read the plan a few times before it fully sunk in :p if the plastic folder is green its the "old" books and if its orange its the new ones, that is the easiest way to tell x

yeah it was definitely the new orange pack that she got. I'm presuming she is reading it wrong as it is confusing to start off with but can you imagine if they cut the healthy extras down to one each on red and green?! :eek: :cry::D

I do red/green more than EE and i'll still be having 2, don't care what the book says. :p Besides, there arent that many calories in the HE's compared to what you could eat in free foods!

Maybe she did take it wrong, or just not read it through... we all know how EE focused leaders can be. My leader did say there was changes to HE's but only that the portion sizes were changing slightly, and that was it.

I'm SOOO excited about getting a new pack, but my C hasn't said anything about replacing my stickers. I'm 2.5lbs away from my 4.5 St award, so it's A LOT of stickers to replace. Bummed about all my weigh-ins too, BUT still excited for the new pack! And it's orange!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Peeps

As soon as all the changes are confirmed would one of you lovely people do me a quick summary please, pretty please?

Joined SW years ago to get my books but I now do it from home - all alone :cry::cry:in Spain - so can't get to class to get a new book!

My mum got me my latest one - which is Jan 2010 !!! So even that's a bit out of date but I survive. But would love to know all the new Hexs etc.

Good luck everyone over Christmas and New Year and have a great time.

Back