New bowl for my porridge!

I broke the bowl that I used in the microwave for my porridge, but I have found this new one:

Klip It Microwave Noodle Bowl in microwave cookware at Lakeland

It is from Lakeland and is actually for cooking noodles, but it is just the right size for one portion of porridge (it has the space for the mixture to rise up without spilling over). It has a lid, but obviously one wouldn't use that for the porridge-making, but it is useful for heating other things.

And it's red!! Which pleases me as the scoops I use for measuring the oats and the water are red too. I know - daft, isn't it!!

I use a similar one, also available from Lakeland, which is specifically for porridge although I use it for other things too. It's great for taking the porridge and milk mix to work in to cook in the microwave as my lunch. Unlike you, I do leave the lid on, but press the vent button and I have had any 'boil over' problems. Mine's blue - I don't like red!
18166_1

Amazon do them as well...they tend to be a bit cheaper on amazon than lakeland...the vent button is great much less messy than removing the lid!

I have a Sistema mug for soup - it's brill for taking to work.

After reading this post i thought yes seems like a good idea so have ordered myself one, should arrive Thursday.
BUT ... today saw one identical in poundland, thought it was worth a try for a pound and guess what it is fab, i have just done porridge
and it was perfect [ i make mine with water and sweetner ] so dont know if it would boil over with milk,
i must try that.
Any way thanks ladies for your tip on this microwave bowl, i love it.
Kaitlyn marie. x

After reading this post i thought yes seems like a good idea so have ordered myself one, should arrive Thursday.
BUT ... today saw one identical in poundland, thought it was worth a try for a pound and guess what it is fab, i have just done porridge
and it was perfect [ i make mine with water and sweetner ] so dont know if it would boil over with milk,
i must try that.
Any way thanks ladies for your tip on this microwave bowl, i love it.
Kaitlyn marie. x

My sistama pot arrived today, and i have to say comparing it with the one from poundland there is no difference apart from the colour, and PRICE...

I will pick up a couple more from poundland for my Mum and Daughter.
Hope you were able to get one Anna Faraday.
Kaitlyn marie. x

Does anyone know of ceramic microwave porridge bowls (either with high sides or a lid)? I used to have an old one, but I dropped it. (Maybe plastic is better for me after all!)

Back