new boy here:)

topcat924

Hi there, thought I'd post in here and say hello...
I'm 37 and this time last year I weighed around 24 stone. I've always been big (read fat!) But last year I broke my leg playing American football. When they xrayed it they found severe arthritis - that was the trigger for me to do something about it. In Sept I joined slimming world and as of Monday I am 6 stone 4 lighter. Not set a Target yet, mainly because I need some size for football, and I'm not sure where to set it!!!! 3 weeks ago my wife joined sw too and this week she got her half stone award. I'll try and post regularly but I'm not very good at this sort of thing!!!!

First off Welcome!! and WOW well done on your already huge weight loss achievement you must be very proud of yourself, and congrats to your wife on getting her 1st half stone award.
As you are both aware Slimming world really does work and for us food lovers its great!!
Have you maybe thought about speaking to a football coach or indeed maybe somebody who works as a sports physio/Gym about where to set your target, I am sure if you go to a reputable gym nearby where you live they would be more than happy to hep you out.
with regards to your weight loss journey...we are all here for the same thing encouragement and support and thats exactly what you will find here.
Good luck and keep us posted
Abs

Well done on your weight loss so far, that's brilliant! It's great that your wife has also signed up, you can be support each other!

welcome to Minis :)

Back