New Diary - New plan - New me!!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by dallydaisy, 20 May 2009 Social URL.

1. dallydaisy

dallydaisy Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hello,

I wasn't really sure where I was going to put this as I am not following any specific weight loss plan - I have tried them ALL, Cambridge, WW, SW, RC and I'm sick of them all!

I have decided to be sensible - I have joined a gym, I have seen my GP who has prescribed me orlistat and I am going to have 3 healthy low fat meals a day with fruit as snacks..

I wasn't sure about the orlistat at first but I'm using more of a deterrant because I know if I splurge or fall off the diet wagon I have the very real risk of pooing myself - that'll keep me on it!:D

I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I'm starting now!

Breakfast today - Cereal + ss milk
    Went to gym - 45 mins
    Mid morning snack - fresh berry selection...
    lunch will be shortly - ham + salad sandwich on wholemeal bread

Also trying to up my water intake - not done too well on that yet.:copon: note to self drink drink drink

If anyone reads this :wavey:If not it is a good place for me to keep track.

here goes the diet wagon...hold on tight!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    hi , welcome to minis, good luck.xx

4. loulou526

loulou526 Silver Member

Hiya!

Just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself! I don't post on here too often, I usually read everyones else's threads and get inspired by everyones success and of course can relate to everyones weight loss struggles!

Like you, I have tried every diet known to man! And the result is that I'm still overweight and fed-up! I decided a week ago to ditch the faddy diets and just eat small, healthy, regular meals and burn as much calories as I can everyday by going to the gym, walking and doing aqua aerobics 2-3 times a week...so far it's working and I've lost 7 lbs since last week! Yay! I started at 14 stones and I'm now 13.7 and I don't intend on stopping until I reach my goal of 11 stones!

So, good luck and stay on that wagon! You sound like you're ready and in the zone! You'll do brilliantly, just think in just a few months you will feel like a totally different person! Note to myself: must follow my own advice!

I'm taking Alli which is similar to orlistat isn't it? Just a smaller dose? It has defo made me stay on track as I know that the symptoms are quite unpleasent when I don't...one word...yellow! Right too much info!

Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress on here!

5. dallydaisy

dallydaisy Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you for your replies. you are right Alli is 60mg of orlistat whereas the prescription dose is 120mg - I looked at Alli but getting it from my GP costs £7.20 a month as opposed to £50 or whatever the alternative is!!

Yesterday finished well, I had a 'healthy living' meal from tescos which was chicken, new potatoes, carrots and green beans in gravy - lovely and only 11g of fat (safe- lol) and then we went swimming for 40 minutes then did a 55 minute session of aquaaerobics - it was the first time we've been and my girlfriend has woken up very sore this morning, so we've decided to have today off exercise - back to the gym tomorrow though! After the gym I was STARVING lol and so I came home and had a small egg white omlette and salad (fat free) to stop me getting any silly ideas of snacking...

Today:

Breakfast - cereal+ss milk
    Lunch 2 quorn burgers with salad and wholemeal roll.

Not sure about dinner today but I'm working a night shift :( so will have to be careful - night shifts generally involve chocolate crisps and occasionally takeaways - hopefully it will be busy and nobody will have time to break out the food!!

Also had a smear test (tmi sorry) today which normally would have been an excuse to have a 'treat' - whenever I did something I didn't want to do I would eat something very bad - how odd that my idea of treats is to further compound my biggest problem :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.