New Diary - New plan - New me!!

Hello,

I wasn't really sure where I was going to put this as I am not following any specific weight loss plan - I have tried them ALL, Cambridge, WW, SW, RC and I'm sick of them all!

I have decided to be sensible - I have joined a gym, I have seen my GP who has prescribed me orlistat and I am going to have 3 healthy low fat meals a day with fruit as snacks..

I wasn't sure about the orlistat at first but I'm using more of a deterrant because I know if I splurge or fall off the diet wagon I have the very real risk of pooing myself - that'll keep me on it!:D

I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I'm starting now!

Breakfast today - Cereal + ss milk
Went to gym - 45 mins
Mid morning snack - fresh berry selection...
lunch will be shortly - ham + salad sandwich on wholemeal bread

Also trying to up my water intake - not done too well on that yet.:copon: note to self drink drink drink

If anyone reads this :wavey:If not it is a good place for me to keep track.

here goes the diet wagon...hold on tight!!

hi , welcome to minis, good luck.xx

Hiya!

Just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself! I don't post on here too often, I usually read everyones else's threads and get inspired by everyones success and of course can relate to everyones weight loss struggles!

Like you, I have tried every diet known to man! And the result is that I'm still overweight and fed-up! I decided a week ago to ditch the faddy diets and just eat small, healthy, regular meals and burn as much calories as I can everyday by going to the gym, walking and doing aqua aerobics 2-3 times a week...so far it's working and I've lost 7 lbs since last week! Yay! I started at 14 stones and I'm now 13.7 and I don't intend on stopping until I reach my goal of 11 stones!

So, good luck and stay on that wagon! You sound like you're ready and in the zone! You'll do brilliantly, just think in just a few months you will feel like a totally different person! Note to myself: must follow my own advice!

I'm taking Alli which is similar to orlistat isn't it? Just a smaller dose? It has defo made me stay on track as I know that the symptoms are quite unpleasent when I don't...one word...yellow! Right too much info!

Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress on here!

Thank you for your replies. you are right Alli is 60mg of orlistat whereas the prescription dose is 120mg - I looked at Alli but getting it from my GP costs £7.20 a month as opposed to £50 or whatever the alternative is!!

Yesterday finished well, I had a 'healthy living' meal from tescos which was chicken, new potatoes, carrots and green beans in gravy - lovely and only 11g of fat (safe- lol) and then we went swimming for 40 minutes then did a 55 minute session of aquaaerobics - it was the first time we've been and my girlfriend has woken up very sore this morning, so we've decided to have today off exercise - back to the gym tomorrow though! After the gym I was STARVING lol and so I came home and had a small egg white omlette and salad (fat free) to stop me getting any silly ideas of snacking...

Today:

Breakfast - cereal+ss milk
Lunch 2 quorn burgers with salad and wholemeal roll.

Not sure about dinner today but I'm working a night shift :( so will have to be careful - night shifts generally involve chocolate crisps and occasionally takeaways - hopefully it will be busy and nobody will have time to break out the food!!

Also had a smear test (tmi sorry) today which normally would have been an excuse to have a 'treat' - whenever I did something I didn't want to do I would eat something very bad - how odd that my idea of treats is to further compound my biggest problem :(

Back