new diet

jackie71

move over slimming world theres a new way to lose weight its called" i cant afford to buy groceries to feed myself cos i just filled my car up with petrol "

Goes with the new form of body magic called 'walking everywhere as couldn't afford tax, insurance, MOT and petrol'!

What about the body magic cos my car insurance is going to go up by £1000 lol

Dont you just get fed up of paying out all the time.

Prices constantly going up never down. Well I will keep trying the lottery etc in it to win it :D

Yep!! Filled my petrol tank up yesterday and :0

As much as I live doing SW tho sometimes when I'm filling my trolley up I glance at the rubbish I uses to eat and think about how much cheaper it used to be! (until I bought takeaway lol)

totally on this thread like a fly to poop!!!!!

I hate paying for all the petrol, car ins, tax and all that stuff!

Fix the blimming Potholes too!!! :)

ooh that feels better x

I love SW but it does cost a bomb buying fresh fresh fresh all the time! x

Why is healthier stuff more expensive though? They gone on about childhood obesity that's cos a choc bar is cheaper than an apple!

Well said - they need to make healthy stuff cheaper!!!!!

And petrol.....as its just cost me over £60 to fill the car and used to cost £35!!!!

Due to an upcoming financial drought of unknown length, I have had to get to cheaper shopping. I can tell you that it is perfectly possible to do SW cheaply, as long as you dont mind doing a couple of shops. Namely, Asda and Aldi. Buy the basics from Aldi, and the bits you cant get there in Asda, and you will cut your shopping bill by a huge chunk immediately.

This has been a Public Service Announcement by MadameLaMinx for which there is no charge. Announcements from other providers may be higher.

I do the same as MLM except it's Aldi and Tesco for me. I also get some frozen food from Iceland, things like diced chicken and veg. they also quite often have offers on grocery items as well. The loo rolls (4 @ £1) are really good too and much better than either Aldi or Tesco cheapos.:D

Denise

joedenise said:
I do the same as MLM except it's Aldi and Tesco for me. I also get some frozen food from Iceland, things like diced chicken and veg. they also quite often have offers on grocery items as well. The loo rolls (4 @ £1) are really good too and much better than either Aldi or Tesco cheapos.:D

Denise

Oooo we have aldi and tesco just been shopping at tesco before will need to be a bit more savvy!

Do you find your fruit and veg lasts? Obviously I eat loads of it lol but depending on my meal plans I might not use salad or stir fry veg until maybe monday or Tuesday when I'm at work (I shop on Saturdays) but I find sometimes the stuff I get from tesco is already going off!

Do you find your fruit and veg lasts? Obviously I eat loads of it lol but depending on my meal plans I might not use salad or stir fry veg until maybe monday or Tuesday when I'm at work (I shop on Saturdays) but I find sometimes the stuff I get from tesco is already going off!

I always used to have this problem with mushrooms and stirfry veg but swapped to only buying chestnut mushrooms which last MUCH longer in the fridge before going squidgy and icky (over a week) and frozen stirfry veg from sainsburys. I know the latter may sound unpromising but it is really nice and has lots of beansprouts and water chestnuts as well as the usual carrots/ pepper/ cabbage.

unfortunatly i dont have an aldi or lidle in walk or bus distance and dont have car, is asdahome delivery (2.50 on 8 hour delivery slot) and butchers for meat

jennyc_uk said:

We have 3 Aldis within travel distance of our house - one of them is in a much wealthier area that also has a Tesco and an M&S simply food, so as the clientele are wealthier, the turnover at that particular Aldi might not be so high and accordingly their fruit and veg often seems a bit lacking. However in the other two, the quality is much nicer and the stuff seems to last very well, particularly their mushrooms, surprisingly! I always poke a hole in the plastic in the top to allow moisture to escape while they are in the fridge- and they can last a good week or so. Locally, Morrisons is the best for fruit and veg durability, so if I just need to stock up on that I will go there, but otherwise Aldi does just fine in that respect.

Due to an upcoming financial drought of unknown length, I have had to get to cheaper shopping. I can tell you that it is perfectly possible to do SW cheaply, as long as you dont mind doing a couple of shops. Namely, Asda and Aldi. Buy the basics from Aldi, and the bits you cant get there in Asda, and you will cut your shopping bill by a huge chunk immediately.

This has been a Public Service Announcement by MadameLaMinx for which there is no charge. Announcements from other providers may be higher.

Thank you for the public warning notice. Especially helpful for a returning expat who is also a little bit strapped....well lots really.
It is as well to be forewarned.

The cost of living here is unbelievably high. Prices have soared in the last 6 months. I now have to think very carefully when I shop and stick to a list. Petrol has been the biggest killer. Consequently everything else has gone up.
A loaf of Kingsmill Oats and Seeds bread is 3.50€ , £3. 17 p.:eek: National bread of course is cheaper.
We used to live really comfortably but not now !!

I have now been buying my fruit and veg from our local market, usually spend around £20 a week, this may seem alot but it lasts over 2 weeks (as long as I dont eat it all) for somethings and I dont always buy potatoes each week.

I have just found that when I buy stuff in the supermarket seems to go off so quickly, I even save on packaging as all the market stuff comes on brown paper bags not plastic.
And get some body magic in lugging it all to the car.

Back