New encoragement needed help pleasexx

kikigigi

Hi all my name is gina i am 33 and desperatly want to lose 6 or 7 stone i have gradually piled the weight on over the past 4 years and barely recognise myself when i look at old photos i just want to get back to being me and happy...i have tried nearly every diet going but would love to hear what really works i am determined to be a size 12 by next year...i have 4 kids and hardly any willpower but i really want this :sigh: any help would be hugely appreciated xx

Hi Gina, welcome :)

I am in a similar position - I have put on nearly four stone in just under three years, not good!

Every person is different and what might work for you might not work for other people and vice versa. Why not have a look around the individual boards and see if any of the plans would suit you?

I have tried many, many diets over the years. I joined Slimming World nearly two weeks ago (one of the few I've never tried in the past) and i'm loving it. It gives me the freedom to still enjoy my weekly glass or two of wine and foods I really enjoy.

Good luck with whatever you decide, stick around here as you'll get lots of support and encouragement :)

hi thanks for replying i will have a look around and see im a bit los at the moment lol i havent tried slimming world stupidly it seemed too sensible to work:rolleyes: i have always tried the quick fix which gives quick results but really dont work long term...i am the proof !!! well done on finding one that works for you, keep me posted on how u are doing

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlI0Jo4/]
weight.png

[/url]ng xx

hi thanks for replying i will have a look around and see im a bit los at the moment lol i havent tried slimming world stupidly it seemed too sensible to work:rolleyes: i have always tried the quick fix which gives quick results but really dont work long term...i am the proof !!! well done on finding one that works for you, keep me posted on how u are doing

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlI0Jo4/]
weight.png

[/url]ng xx

To be honest I have to admit that I thought that too about SW - I couldn't get my head round how I could eat all this food and still lose! I lost 3lbs in my first week and hopefully see a loss on Tuesday at my second.

I'll keep popping in to see how you're doing :)

Hiya i can also recommend SW it's really good for learning about food and it encourages home cooking.

I'm currently cal counting a it's good but as there are no rules except staying within calories It can b difficult if you have no willpower, plus u have to weigh everything and record everything, on the plus side if I want a piece of cake I can as long as I count it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome and good luck with whatever you decide on. I don't know anything about SW but it appears to be quite popular and there must be a reason for that. With four kids you'll probably be most successful with a diet easily adapted to family dinners and a simple, non-time consuming one. What a great place to inquire about the different diets since your requirements are clear and specific!

Last edited:
Hi Gina and welcome to the site, there are a lot of friendly, helpful people around the site that will help you on whatever diet you choose. Good luck, I'm currently on the sw one.

Jean

Hi chick,

I am in a similar situation, as in I need to lose about another 7 stone. I would ALSO highly recommend slimming world. I'm a mum to 2 boys and we can all eat the food, I don't feel restricted overly and it's more about making changes and thinking about what you actually put into meals. I have already lost 19.5lbs. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks so much everyone i have started calorie counting today but i am seriously considering giving SW a go it sounds like the sort of fredom in a diet i need...well done on ur weight loss every1 its so good to hear of other ppls accomplisments it really is helping me to focus and its nice to not feel so lonely losing weight...everyone keep it up and feel free to keep in contact i would love to hear how you all are doing .... u will prob c me constantly moaning and whinging lol ;) xx

Back