New girl alert!!!

jennywrenny

Hey everyone i have only just joined on here and not sure how it works lol!! I joined ww again after a long time trying all different diets but i think this is the one for me as it doesnt restrict me.

I joined ww last thursday morning then decided to go to a monday night class and when i got weighed i had lost 3 pounds!! Dont know how though!

So i am gonna give this a good go :)

Thank you! I know lol i have been reading through this and cant believe some of the low point things i have found!! The last time i was at ww i was allowed 18 points and that was it!!

Hopefully i will get my head round it quickly and stick to it. How do u work out your points? Do you have a calculator or use an app? Xx

jennywrenny said:
Thank you! I know lol i have been reading through this and cant believe some of the low point things i have found!! The last time i was at ww i was allowed 18 points and that was it!!

Hopefully i will get my head round it quickly and stick to it. How do u work out your points? Do you have a calculator or use an app? Xx

I joined a group and the leader works out your points for you... In not sure how you work them out... I started at 11st 12.5lbs and I am on the lowest daily points which is 26pp x

Oops sorry i meant points values for the foods lol there used to be a points finder but they dont have that anymore.

I use the weight watchers app however there is a good app called the value diary for £1.99, it even has a scanner on it so you can scan the barcode and it tells you the points in a product x

Not had a bad day today but feel bad for using up my weeklies incase i might need them for the weekend!!! Aarrrgghghhh!

jennywrenny said:
Not had a bad day today but feel bad for using up my weeklies incase i might need them for the weekend!!! Aarrrgghghhh!

Well done for your day today... I chose my WI day as a Thursday as I know I will use more of my weeklies on a weekend :D x

Yes i would rather have it on a thurs or fri too but monday is the only night class there is!! Im not going out this weekend now so hopefully it will be fine! X

Hi ladies,

I'm also a newbie. Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but not too sure how to create a new thread and felt this one was most appropriate. Well here's my story...

I'm Lisa, a teacher hitting the wrong side of the 20s this month. Used to do ballet many years ago and had super figure! (very jealous of my 18 year old self!) Gave up in my teens and gradually gained weight over the years following that. Tried loads of different diets and exercise regimes but finally tried WW this January. I was at my heaviest (12 1/2 stone) at Christmas last year and just felt enough was enough.

My goal is to be under 9 stone - I'm only 5ft2 so this is a healthy weight for me. Initially the weight fell off me and after a few months was still going down but just a bit more gradually. Decided to try not count points from about May of this year and just try and stick to foods I usually ate when on WW. I pretty much maintained my weight until the last month or so and have started to put on a few pounds again.

So back to proper counting again. At my current weight I am 149lb (10stone9), down from 175. So have lost 26lb and have 24lb to go. I realise, although I am over half way, this half is going to be a lot harder to shift. For that reason I am giving myself the goal of reaching my target weight by Christmas 2013 - that's only an average of 2lbs a month!

Anyway that's me! Any advice about the site I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks,
Lis

Hey lis well done for what u have lost so far thats fab!! I think i am a bit like you i need to write everything down and count points otherwise just go way off track!!

I have found lots of helpful 'threads' on here so have a look about and see what you can find and if i can help in any way give me a shout although im very new to this site too!!!

Keep in touch and good luck!!

Yes i find it really encouraging reading everyone elses stories!! Weigh in now so will update when i get back! Good luck for yours! X

Welcome to Minimins and good luck!!

She put me down to 26 points tonight!! I thought 27 was bad enough! Im gonna have to plan more this week and i went and bought loads of ww crisps and biscuits out of the pound shop to keep in work just in case lol

Back