new girl in Australia

ducky16

hey everyone,

i have been doing slimming world for about 6 weeks now and am pleased with my weight loss so far but feel like i am missing out on the group support as in Australia there are obviously no slimming world groups. I joined here in the hope of meeting similar people who will act as a support network and be able to answer any questions and it seems like everyone is friendly and helpful.

Hello! Welcome to minimins. I'm guessing you are doing slimming world online? To be honest, the support I get on here and from friends/family outweighs the support I get from group! This site is fantastic, for ideas and inspiration and also information on syn changes etc.

Sw have rolled out groups to parts of the us, so you never know, they may expand to aus too!

Good luck with slimming world, I love how it doesn't feel like a 'diet'. X

Good luck with the plan, Ducky, and enjoy yourself on here.

This is the most comprehensive, supportive and informative website I've ever seen on the subject of weight-loss, and the people here are genuinely lovely, and all have similar goals.

:)

Hi Ducky welcome to minimins!! SW can be done anywhere in the world, that's the beauty of it! My husband is Australian and we visit twice a year and I've successfully followed SW there. In fact we spent a month there once and I came home 5lbs lighter. As long as you have some kind of suport, virtual or otherwise, you'll be fine. That's what minimins is for!

Welcome to the Forum, I hope it supports you in getting your weight "Down under" your target.

Sorry couldnt resist. :D:D:D

BrightonMark said:
Welcome to the Forum, I hope it supports you in getting your weight "Down under" your target.

Sorry couldnt resist. :D:D:D

This made me chuckle lol

Welcome to minimins, they are a lovely bunch here and always help when its needed in fact i think half the people on here are more qualified than my group consultant anyway! X

wow thanks for the great support already guys! i am actually moving back to the uk in 6 months or so time so will join up to a group then, but its a long time to go it alone! my main question, which may sound silly is, are healthy extras something that is included with the plan or something to count as syns? i have been counting all cheese etc as syns and therefore not eating too much of it but i think that may be wrong? just looking for clarification. thanks :)

ducky16 said:
wow thanks for the great support already guys! i am actually moving back to the uk in 6 months or so time so will join up to a group then, but its a long time to go it alone! my main question, which may sound silly is, are healthy extras something that is included with the plan or something to count as syns? i have been counting all cheese etc as syns and therefore not eating too much of it but i think that may be wrong? just looking for clarification. thanks :)

Hi Ducky

Healthy extras are something to have in addition to your free food and your syns, they are also important to have as they contain calcium etc...
But you can only have the allowed amount of them (2 HEA, 2 HEB on Red/Green days, 1 HEA, 1 HEB on EE) any more than this should be counted as syns.

Back