New girl with a LOT of weight to lose

ChilliEm

Hi everyone!

I’ve been following Slimming Wotld for almost a month, and have lost a stone but I have a huge amount to lost. Probably 18 stone to be a healthy BMI.

Has anyone ever lost that much without surgery?

I know that this is going to be a really long journey. I’ve accepted that - I really want this time to be the time I stick it out. I’m so tired of the shame I feel.

At the moment exercise isn’t possible, but I’ll get there.

I’d love any support, advice and motivation please. Don’t be too disgusted with me. I’m disgusted enough already.

Hello!
Congrats on starting your new diet and the stone you’ve already lost, it’s a very brave and amazing step you’ve taken, and you already seem to be doing so well!
I’m sure losing that much weight without surgery is achieveable so you can definitely do it too.
I’m on a different diet but I just thought I’d say well done to you and that the minimins community will always be there to keep you motivated and strong when you need it!
Goodluck and keep us updated with your progress :D

You've taken the first steps Chilli and that's what matters. We all have ups and downs when it comes to weight loss - but you can do it!
Losing weight is harder than a lot of people realise, but that's why forums like these exist :)
Good luck on your journey!

Sorry, I haven’t updated this. I’m still dieting though. I started on the 8th April and as of yesterday I’ve lost 2 stone 5lbs. I’m still following Slimming World, but also using MFP, because I like numbers!

I’m planning to start going to an actual SW group from the 16th July. This is a big deal for me as I’m very very shy/self conscious. I’m kind of looking forward to it, but also sick with nerves.

In case you’re wondering why I don’t start now, there’s a good reason. I don’t drive, so would rely on my husband to take me BUT the World Cup starts on Thursday... I’m ok on my own for another month!

Sorry, I haven’t updated this. I’m still dieting though. I started on the 8th April and as of yesterday I’ve lost 2 stone 5lbs. I’m still following Slimming World, but also using MFP, because I like numbers!

I’m planning to start going to an actual SW group from the 16th July. This is a big deal for me as I’m very very shy/self conscious. I’m kind of looking forward to it, but also sick with nerves.

In case you’re wondering why I don’t start now, there’s a good reason. I don’t drive, so would rely on my husband to take me BUT the World Cup starts on Thursday... I’m ok on my own for another month!

Wow 2 stone 5lbs in 2 months is fab...well done, you must feel so good and proud of yourself :)

Good luck when you start going to group, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks Little Miss Naughty. I’ve only lost so much because I have soooooo much to lose!

I’ve just seen how close you are to your goal. You’re doing amazingly!!

Thanks hun, I am really close to my goal for summer but after that I would love to lose another stone to get me to 10 stone by about Christmas time.

You have lost so much because you are sticking with it, it has nothing to do with how much you have to lose, it's the fact that you're doing it and keeping motivated :)

Thank you so much. I do feel really really motivated, but truly horrified I let things get so bad.

10 Stone for Christmas would be amazing!!! You’ll have to buy yourself a beautiful dress or two 😀😀😀

Thank you so much. I do feel really really motivated, but truly horrified I let things get so bad.

10 Stone for Christmas would be amazing!!! You’ll have to buy yourself a beautiful dress or two 😀😀😀

You might feel horrified but atleast you're doing something about it and thatis fab :)

I'll definitely be buying a whole new wardrobe once I've lost all my weight. I've already had to start buying smaller clothes which is great but costing a fortune. I brought loads when I lost about a stone and since then they're all too big for me now.

What a lovely problem to have! I can’t wait until I can buy some clothes. There’s no choice at all at my size (I know it’s my fault).

Are you going to keep the too big things? If you sold them the money could go towards lovely small clothes 😀

What a lovely problem to have! I can’t wait until I can buy some clothes. There’s no choice at all at my size (I know it’s my fault).

Are you going to keep the too big things? If you sold them the money could go towards lovely small clothes 😀

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll probably put them in the charity bag when I am confident that I wont grew back into them :)

Hi ChilliEM! Just found this thread. You really have done so well, its an inspiration to me, As we are similar weights I hope we can keep each other going. Do you have a food diary? Would love to see what you are having. Keep on going hun! x

Hi Blossom, I’m so sorry I haven’t had a second to reply this week.

Thank you, I’m happy with how its going so far, and I don’t think i’ve ever felt so determined!

I don’t have a food diary as such, but all I’m doing is trying to follow the slimmimg world rules (a third of your plate should be fruit or veg, and limiting bread/cereal and dairy), but I’m also counting calories. The MyFitnessPal app tells you how many calories to need to consume to lose weight, and I aim for no more than 1600.

I’m dreading weighing myself tomorrow, as this is the first week Ive managed not to weigh myself almost every day. I’m scared I’ve been doing something wrong. I’m already breaking a dieting rule by having my dinner quite late at night - I hope thats not as bad as people keep telling me.

Good Luck Blossom. What day is your weigh in going to be?

Hi ChilliEm! You are doing amazingly well! You can definitely lose the weight without surgery. Originally I went from 24st to 12st but I’ve put quite a lot of weight back on. SW seems to really suit you and it’s much easier to stick at long term than a VLCD. Everyone here is friendly and supportive and there’s no judgement. I look forward to following your journey x

Wow Charlotte you did fantastically! What kind of diet are you doing? I’m a tiny bit concerned about loose skin, but its such a long way off, its not worth thinking about yet. Hopefully because I’m doing this slowly, that might not make it so bad.

Good luck with your restart 😀

Back