New girl with a LOT of weight to lose

Hi. Wow guys great efforts and losses so far! I too have about that amount to lose @ChilliEm. It’s daunting isn’t it! But can be done! I’ve only lost 12lbs so far... but it’s a start :)
Keep up the good work guys x

Hi ChilliEm. Before I joined Slimming World (last Wednesday, 11 July 2018), I searched the Internet for the biggest SW weight loss and this young chap (late teens) had lost 25 stone! I hope I do as well as you on it; I've lost 4lb in my first week. I've got shed loads to lose so maybe for the first few weeks I'll see losses like that.

You're doing great; keep it up! :)

4 syns in 35ml of Gin and 3 in 25ml. I’m not sure how much a pub measure is though.

Sorry to take so long to reply.

I'm in a similar position I was 24 stone and I want to be around 9 stone so that's a 15 stone loss I need!

Been doing slimming world for about 5 weeks and I've officially lost 2 stone and half a pound but I know that I've lost 2 stone 5 and a half pound because I weigh everyday lol and just haven't been to group this week :p

Good luck!

Hiya
Coming for a nose - and to give (and get) support too.
I know I haven't got as much to lose as you - but 6st feels like a mountain.

Yet I can confirm that SW really works, if you stick with it.
I lost 5.5 stone on it (once - oh so long ago!) and I knew people who had lost over 10 stone.
So it can be done!
I'm just hoping - for myself - that it can be done AGAIN!

Hiya
Coming for a nose - and to give (and get) support too.
I know I haven't got as much to lose as you - but 6st feels like a mountain.

Yet I can confirm that SW really works, if you stick with it.
I lost 5.5 stone on it (once - oh so long ago!) and I knew people who had lost over 10 stone.
So it can be done!
I'm just hoping - for myself - that it can be done AGAIN!

You'll get those shinies back, Sarah :). We're all here for you, and each other :classic_big_grin:

Well done AliTee!

Hi Sarloumack (you’re doing amazingly), Monkey_Monkey_Underpants (you CAN do it again!) and Suzy1701

I haven’t been around for a while because I’ve been a bit fed up. I started going to slimming world a few weeks ago and weighed about two stone heavier on their scales. This meant Iwas practically back up to where I’d started and was really upsetting. It’s stupid really as I know I’ve been dieting since April with no real blips, and got through my, my husband, and one of my daughters birthdays with no problems. All it means really was that my starting weight was 30 stone. I’m going to change my statistics on here, and just keep plodding on. For some reason I feel really ashamed and embarrassed even though I know it’s only numbers.

From now on only official slimming world weigh ins.

Any words of encouragement or verbal kick up the bums are very welcome.

If you have managed to get through two family birthday parties without giving into temptation it shows you are willing and can do this. (((HUGS)))

And you know you've still actually lost the same amount of weight.
But I do know how annoying it is, when your scales say one thing, and the SW ones say another.
Unfortunately, they are the ones that are likely to be calibrated correctly, I'm afraid!

Yes absolutely! It just really knocked me for six. At the end of the day the numbers don’t matter. I know I’m feeling so much better, and that my diet is great, and I’m drinking lots of water etc. Its stupid that the scales made me feel so disappointed. I had a big loss this week though (5lbs), which really cheered me up!!

To be honest I think when it was really really hot I retained a lot of fluid (my feet were like bouncy castles), then when it got cooler the swelling went down. However now it’s hot again... o_O

Hooray. Amazingly 6lbs off this week!! One man lost 6.5, and 9 last week! Amazing

I just joined the forum this week and have been having a read around today. This thread is so inspirational!! To have done so well and to have been so consistent for such a long period of time already means you certainly have what it takes to make it this time :) well done on your losses so far, I'm interested to keep reading about your story and look forward to hearing you've hit your target!! Congratulations again

Thank you, that’s really kind of you. I haven’t been updating this thread, I’ve got a new one in Weight Loss Diaries. Come and visit me - it’s lonely there!!

Sending best wishes for your weight loss asp273. I hope everything goes well for you 😀

Have you tried having a day or two of just SP? Someone in my group did it - just foods with the speed or protein labels next to them in the book, no free food (such as pasta, muller lights etc) unless you syn them, and you get the same amount of syns as usual and you can even have 2 HexB options!

The lady in my group had a really good loss ;I think it was 3lbs, and she has less than a stone to lose.

Back