New healthy hot me :-)

Hi ONW

well done with keeping up with your friend I havent dared the gym yet and dont think i will till after xmas its bad enough at home sweating as much as i do then doing in the gym lol im hoping by xmas i will have the confidence to join though :)
Also well done on only having half the brownie you have the will power to do this hun keep it up xx

Evening all...

Crazy busy day :eek:

Drumroll please..............:D 5.4lb gone :eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

Needless to say I'm thrilled to have another loss, but such a big loss is a great boost :)

Losing every week is such a motivator, and I'm always dying to come on here and share the good news ;)

I didn't get a chance yesterday to share my diary...

Brekkie: big bowl of fruit
Lunch: 1 pork chop with lots of veg and 2 baby potatoes
Dinner: fat free yogurt

Gym... 15 mins cross trainer, 10km on bike, 2000m on rower

Today's diary

Brekkie: homemade fruit smoothie
Lunch: Special K bites
Dinner: I'm thinking some veg cous cous with salmon ... tbc :)

Gym today: 15mins crosstrainer, 10km bike, 3500m on rower, 25 sit ups

Every day is a day closer to my goal ;)

woooohoooooo!!!!! :)

VERY well done :) You must be thrilled!

I now what you mean, i can't wait to get on here on a monday, even today, when i STS :)

You're on a roll now, keep at it!!!!! :)

what a fantastic result, so pleased for you :)

wow, well done.

How many calories a day are you eating, doesn't look much! I'm aiming for 700 - 900 a day and oping for them type of losses, I am also cycling and have ordered 30 day shred!

Well done again fantastic losses x

Wow, fantastic loss, very, very well done. You are really sticking at it and getting what you deserve, great results! So pleased for you.

Thanks everyone.... having this diary is absolutely going to be the difference between all my other diets, and this total lifestyle change :)

Size 16 I'm not really calorie counting. Obviously I'm really keeping an eye on what I eat but I don't think about the calories really. Ever hear the saying 'eat to live, don't live to eat' well that's in the back of my head all the time... I'm eating enough to ensure I have energy and that my body is well enough to fight infections etc

Also when I'm in the gym and start to feel tired, I scream at myself (inwardly or I'd be the bald, fat, crazy, sweaty person in the gym) 'I will be thin', 'I will look soooo good when I'm thin' :eek:

Had a great day in the gym today... 15mins on crosstrainer, 3000m on rower (15 mins), 15km (40mins) on bike and 100 abdominal crunches :):):):)

According to the machines calculations, I burnt off a little under 1000 calories during my work out. Fab, but I am conscious of not leaving myself feeling sluggish.... could have eaten a horse when I got home...

I hadn't eaten anything until after the gym this eve about 4pm... bad but I felt a bit nauseous and I really can't deal with being sick :eek:

When I got home I had 3 oatcakes with laughing cow extra light, 4/5 strawberries and a can of diet coke. That'll keep me going til dinner time.

I can't wait til dinner... smells yummy...

Tonight's menu.... baked potato topped with chilli turkey mince... added 3tbsp of housemates Uncle Bens low fat chilli sauce (not that high in cals 54 per 100g) to turkey mince cooked with mushrooms, peppers, onions and grated carrot.

Hope everyone is having a lovely, positive day...

Takes less effort to smile than to frown ;)

Still doing so well OTW :)

So impressed with your gym dedication, what a shining star!!!! :)
Dinner sounds so tasty.. yum yum, wish i could smell it from over the sea :)... hope you enjoy it!

(your prize is listed on my thread now...hee hee :) )

Woo Hoo what a great loss you are doing so well keep it up, Well done with the gym one day i will get enough confidence to join lol
have a grwat day and keep smiling you are doing great x

Hmmmm so a strange day today...

I'll start with my diary...

Lunch: homemade fruit smoothie
Dinner: lobster cooked just in lemon (not drowned in butter) served with tomato and lemon cous cous

Gym... 15mins crosstrainer, 10km on bike, 2000m rower, 1000 ab crunches

Ok.... so today was a long emotional day...

Appointment with consultant... scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks :( Am I mad that my first thought was, will I be able for the gym then?!! :confused:

This I can deal with... but then met friends for dinner... one starts drilling for info about how I am... (I really didn't want to talk about it) she kept pushing and pushing... one more question and I was going to leave...

Then chatting to someone else, she says she is going on a diet... I say oooh I lost 23.5lbs and her response was 'no you haven't... or if you have, its from your toe' :rolleyes: Kinda hurt a little :(

Left early, feeling sad... got home... missing an earring... they were a present from a v good friend :( Restaurant hadn't found it :(

Then the tears :cry:

Tired and emotional.... hmmm I must look at my diary and see how many weeks ago was TOTM! :eek:

Tomorrow will be better... at least I'm still on track for WI :D

Last edited:
Hi otw,
hope today is a LOT better than yesterday, course you're not mad- 1st thought being re the gym, you're focusing on the stuff that you enjoy and that you have the control over, a rollercoaster of emotions is easier to get through when you are in charge and even if it doesn't always feel like it, you really are a very strong person.
So how is today going?

Ps. Could it be jealousy of your ability to achieve that was behind the 'must have lost it from your toe' remark?

Last edited:
Oh OTW, hugs, hugs and more hugs.

So sorry to hear you have surgery to contend with but so incredibly impressed with how you deal with it.

Such a shame about the earring - search your clothing, might be caught up on something? (Found one of mine down my bra once!)

Hate that *****y comment about your weight loss - how bloody dare she. Ignoramus.

You are doing brilliantly and I am so proud of you for all your are achieving. Don't let others get you down, you are simply better than them.

Evening all...

Hope everyone had a good day :)

Thanks for all your lovely comments... I'm feeling much better today... though def got a bout of PMT... I had a dream about pasta last night!! Today I was craving a sandwich.... weird body!!

I took my 'friends' comments the right way... went to the gym today and give it my all...

20 mins crosstrainer, 3000m on rower, 10km on bike, 150 ab crunches :)

I rewarded myself with some carbs, and I'm happily having pasta as I type!! I had to give in, but thankfully I did it in a sensible way.

Brekkie: homemade fruit smoothie
Lunch: 3 oatcakes and 1 laughing cow extra light
Dinner: 100g brown pasta, 1/2 can of pink salmon, 2 laughing cow triangles (only 20 cal each) and 4 cherry tomotoes

Quickest dinner ever and it's really satisfied my body's craving for carbs. I think it's not too calorific and really yummy. Some left over for lunch tomorrow :)

So this week has flown by, I've been really busy so keeping out of trouble (and by trouble, I mean the fridge!) :eek:

I'm off to check up on everyone else's news now ;)

totally agree with barb's post, i too am very impressed with you and your attitude to surgery. I know you don't want to talk about it, so i'll just send you lots of love and support..and wish you well!

Right attitude to friend's silly remark! i relate to that with a similiar story...when i had lost almost 2 stone stone recently, i was chatting at a kids birthday party with a group of women...one had just lost 2 stone and everyone was commenting on it and congratualting her, i stood there somewhat embarrassed that no-one could 'see' mine!!!! and almost said..'well, actually.....(hee hee), but missed the opportunity, and went home feeling sad, then remembered, i know i'd lost it, who cares that they didn't see it...i knew it was off for good, and that was more important!
just wait until you've lost even more and you'll be leaving them gob smacked!!!!! :)

Hi everyone...

Very quick post for now and I'll catch up with everyone later..

Just back from the gym, I've really thought 'sod my friend not noticing.. she'll notice in a few months time' :D

Had lots of extra energy it seems, 20mins on crosstrainer, 3000m (15mins) on rower, 40mins (15km) on bike, 200 ab crunches...

Bring on weigh in.... I'm ready!! :eek:

I've a 2 hour drive ahead of me this evening, looking for inspiration for dinner... something yum but healthy... I had a small cereal bowl of left over pasta for lunch so I'd prefer not to have carbs... my brain isn't working today so not having much luck thinking of anything :eek:

Help!!!!

Chat soon xxx

Just read your post OTW, so you'll have had dinner by now :).what did you finally decide on?

I was in the supermarket yesterday, looking for ideas for something different. Came out with my usual, plus some tins of Big Soup, as they were full of veg and not much fat. I bought some veggie burgers,and low fat bacon too. I stocked up on tuna etc..but feel if i eat much more fish, i'l grow fins and a tail! :)

I also bought slimming world magazine, there are very good, tasty looking recipes in there as always :)

Hope the weekend goes well :)..yay, bring on the weigh in..we are ready!!!!! (gulp ;) )

Hi OTW,
you do so well at the gym, impressed with your stamina, hope your dinner was scrummy whatever you decided on:)

Hi everyone...

So yesterday I settled for a chicken breast, some homemade curry sauce and some oven chips... def PMT so I needed it...WW oven chips aren't the worst anyway.

Feeling very bloated today... I hope to god I don't have a gain on Monday :mad:

Went to the gym again this morning and fought way through PMT cramps!! 15mins crosstrainer, 15 mins treadmill, 40 mins on bike, 2000m (15mins) on rower, 100 ab crunches and 50 lat weight things..

Here's an odd question, has anyone noticed certain parts of their body looks worse than before they lost weight? My arms were always big ish, but not a huge problem area... I seem to have lost a lot of weight from them but my upper arms look more flabby now...its a bit yuck... will weights help this? They need toning!!

As well as the gym today, I was running around like a mad thing since 9am... parents are away, back in middle of tonight so I'm in their place tidying, cleaning, did a full shop for them and for my own house, baked brown bread and cookies, cooked lasagne so it's ready for them to just pop in oven for lunch tomorrow. Busy day.... didn't sit down til 6pm. I've to pick them up at 3am :cry:

I hate periods... I feel yuck and bloaty and a big yucky mess!!!

I do know if I do have a gain/STS this week that it's just TOTM and not eating/gym habits... next week will show a great result instead....

OMG my stomach :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

(SUCH a drama queen!!!)

Today's food diary... running around keeps me away from fridge...

Brekkie: fat free yogurt
Lunch: small bag of air popped popcorn... 78cals
Dinner: 75g brown rice, cooked with lots of chillis, peppers, mushrooms and leftover chicken breast and a boiled egg.... (weird combo but was yummy)

Maybe I need to drink more... flush out all this bloatiness!

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend :D

Good morning OTW, how are you feeling today? Like you, i feel very uncomfortable pre totm and during it too! Yucky physical pain, bloated and teary...AND i'm sure that why i sts last week!!!! ha ha

Upside is, when its gone, i do feel lighter these days. Prior to lifestyle change, i didn't notice the difference..as i was constantly bloated!!! :)

You must have melted a pound or two with all that activity yesterday, also hope you treated yourself to a lie in this morning after your 3am pick up :)

have a good day, the scales are beckoning us!

Hope you are feeling better OTW. Sure the scales will be kind. xx

Back