New healthy hot me :-)

Good luck tomorrow hun, hope all goes well and you make a quick recovery. I'll be thinking about you and sending positive vibes. I look forward to your return when you are feeling up to it. Take extra special care of yourself x

morning all...

over my surgery...feeling a lot brighter than yesterday...

need advice....i'm now one armed for a few months....suggestions please for exercises that don't require 2 arms... rower, and crosstrainer are out obviously...treadmill can be done at slower speed so i dont fall off...bike i guess....any other suggestions...not letting myself lose momentum now that im doing so well...

also apologies for lack of punctuation, its hard typing one handed (especially when im left handed and its all strapped up) :eek:

so come on fellow losers....help me keep it up/keep weight going down :)

i actually went to gym v early before op yesterday...15mins rower, 15 tread and 30 mins on bike :D

ate very little yest cos i was out of it for most of day/fasting....glass of oj and 2 slices of brown toast when i woke, few strawberries and grapes last night too. this is not an excuse to gain back 2 stone ive lost ;)

Glad to hear everything went well yesterday, wishing you a full and speedy recovery :)

Good on you for going to gym pre surgery, what dedication!!!

Hmmm, I'm not sure about exercise when one arm is out of action just now, I'll have a wee think about it :) I know someone with more knowledge will answer you soon though :)

I suppose a nice walk would be do-able, a daily walk will keep you active without risking injury! Maybe some lunges whilst holding onto something solid with your good arm ;)

Don't overdo it though hun, take some time to recover from surgery first. How long will your arm be strapped up?

Have a good day, take care x

thanks Rose :) wise words as always ;)

i couldnt face the gym today...feel a bit drained...might take it easy for few days and just eat sensibly. hopefully wont have a gain:(

only had a brown bread sandwich with some chicken, tomato and laughing cow. i'l have some fruit later laced with pain killers :D

i had a bone removed from arm and a graft put in in its place. it'll be splinted up for a few months. v painful :(

looking forward to suggestions on one armed exercises!!

Ok OTW - you asked for it. One sided press-ups, disco dancing with just one armed moves, skipping whilst holding rope in teeth.... Alright, I admit it, it's harder than I thought. I think Rose is on it, just a gentle walk will do for now.

Hope you are feeling much better today, it sounds like you could be in quite a lot of pain so please be gentle with yourself. Also make sure you eat enough to soak up the pain killers, you don;t want to make yourself sick.

Hugs to to you OTW, hope today is a better day for you.

Hope you are not in too much pain today OTW :) Please don't think you need to get exercising today or for the next few days, even a week or two!!! yes, exercise does help with weight loss, but controlling your food intake, like you are already doing, will still result in weight loss hun :)
Take it easy, definately build in a daily walk when the pain eases a bit, and hit the gym and home exercise when you have fully recovered. I 'only' walked for exercise in the early days and weeks of this lifestyle change, and the weight came off just the same!

Don't worry, don't panic..your weight loss won't stop just because you are not exercising...my practice nurse told me..weight loss is 80% food intake and 20% exercise...

Have a good day lovey, take care x

Hi everyone...

I've been really quiet lately cos typing is soooooo difficult with my right hand (I'm a lefty) :eek:

Been keeping on track with my plan so I'm very proud. I'm away for a couple of days so not near my usual scales for WI this week... next week will be doubly exciting :D

Barb I laughed so much at your suugestions for one armed exercising....think I'll pass on holding the skipping rope in my mouth :p

So my diary for last few days.....

Friday:
Brekkie: pear
Lunch: airpopped popcorn
Dinner: diced chicken, tomato sauce and baked potato

Gym: 15 mins crosstrainer, 30 mins bike

Saturday
Brekkie: fat free yogurt
Lunch: cherry scone
Dinner: homemade lasagne and lots of carrots

Gym: 25mins crosstrainer, 30 mins bike, 150 ab crunches, 150 leg presses

Today:
Brekkie: chopped orange, strawberries and pear
Lunch: fat free yogurt
Dinner: baked salmon and noodles

Gym: 20mins crosstrainer, 30 mins bike, 150 ab crunches, 100 leg presses

Glad I'm keeping on top of it....looking forward to getting back near my scales :eek:

Well done OTW - you are so in control! Nothing's going to stop you now.

Poor you OTW,
i just found this, been offline a few days, are your painkillers working? still swollen and sore?
im very impressed gym before surgery and doin so well with the diet, you're a wee *star*
Hope you're feeling better hun. x

Ps im left handed too

You've gone a bit quiet OTW, are you ok? Hope you are not in too much pain and able to relax and get better. Big hugs.

Hi everyone...

Thanks for the messages :) I've been avoiding laptop as my arm is sooooooo sore!! :(

I've been so well behaved...the very odd treat but 99% disciplined :D

I only missed one day at the gym (day after op cos I felt wrecked)...been in my parents place for last while so using their local gym every day. I think I'm addicted to it now!

Hosp appointment today in Dublin...couldn't wait to get to my own gym and get on usual scales cos I missed Monday's WI.... 4.8lb gone gone gone :eek: THRILLED :D

I'm back to my parents house later so I'll miss WI on Monday but that's ok....so long as I'm still losing, it doesn't matter if WI is a few days late. :)

YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that list of losses, it is just amazing. So, so pleased for you. You are an inspirational person, nothing, but nothing stops you.

Huge hug, you are doing so well, it is jaw dropping to watch.

Thanks ladies...

Life is short, I don't want to spend it unhealthy and unhappy.

I'm already more confident after losing weight so far. People are commenting on how I look... I bought some clothes yesterday.....tried them on this morning and family were very impressed.:D

Brekkie: bowl of fruit&fibre cereal
Lunch: an orange
Dinner: homemade grilled burger with lots of salad and baked potato
Snack: wedge of melon

I'm still going to the gym every day.... at least 15mins on crosstrainer, 30mins on bike, 150 ab crunches...I usually do a bit more :)

Have a good week everyone :D

Hi everyone....

Been 2 weeks since my last weigh in...haven't been online cos I've been soooo busy with life :mad: Can't wait to catch up with everyone's news....

First things first, I got back to my usual scales today as I've been away. 7.2lb gone forever :D I'm thrilled...now that is weight loss for 2 weeks as I missed WI last week, but even still I'm delighted with myself. Only 1.6lb away from 3 stone, I can't believe what a difference the losses and exercise are making to my life...I'm so much happier and I KNOW this time I'm going to reach my goal...I'm so excited to get to Christmas and be able to shop for gorgeous clothes :p

I've been at the gym every day religiously and I'm eating really well. Lots of fruit and salads, gallons of water and no processed rubbish in sight ;)

I'm off to catch up on everyone's news ;)

7.2lbs gone in 2 weeks is marvelous otw:happy096: you do really deserve it with all the hard work, so pleased for you, i sts this week but i've still gone from 20stone 3pounds to 18stone 5lbs im so looking forward to when i can post i have lost 3 stone.:)

Back