New Heinz Beans

Angelkitty

Just been to Asda and saw;
Heinz cheddar beans
Heinz chilli beans
Heinz beans with garlic and herbs
Heinz firey beans

I was just wondering if anyone knows the syns in them? Plus the smokey bbq is now just bbq, have the ingredients/syns changed?

Thanks

I bought the garlic ones today and had half a tin with my omelette at lunch, they were ok but I prefer the smokey bbq ones!! Not looked on syns yet but they're never high these beans.

The smokey bbq ones are not in my asda but are 3 tins for £2 in poundland. Now in my free food directory, they are free but out of curiosity I looked at syns online and they say 1 1/2 per tin!! Was pretty gutted as they're so nice and was under the impression they were free

Also heinz must have stopped doing the curry ones which is a shame cos I was going to try them.

Also heinz must have stopped doing the curry ones which is a shame cos I was going to try them.

Make your own! Just add a little (or a lot) of curry powder to regular baked beans - Bob's ya uncle!!

Ok guys. I have put the new beans through the syn calculator at last! I have worked them out for Green days.

Heinz Beanz Tomato with Garlic & Herbs - 2 syns per package/portion
Heinz Beanz Cheddar Cheese - 3 syns per package/portion
Heinz Beanz Curry - 3 syns per package/portion
Heinz Beanz Barbecue - 1.5 syns per package/portion
Heinz Beanz Fiery Chilli - 1.5 syns per package/portion

I hope this helps everyone! x

Oooh sound yummy, thanks for the syn values!

Totally don't seem worth the Syn values at all! You could make the majority of them yourself for 0 Syns. But saying that, I am not really one for "spending" Syns on anything but chocolate or alcohol :giggle:

Sorry to tell you that the cheese ones were not very nice either. Like powdered cheese. I'd rather use hex a cheese on normal beans. As for the garlic ones, my bf will eat them LOL x

Sorry to tell you that the cheese ones were not very nice either. Like powdered cheese. I'd rather use hex a cheese on normal beans. As for the garlic ones, my bf will eat them LOL x

Its a shame isn't it!! Lol I love to have a baked potato and smokey barbecue beans, with my hexa cheese half on the potato, half over the beans YUM making myself hungry lol x

oh no I too got suckered into the Asda offer..went for the garlic and herbs..fingers crossed I like them other wise..maybe could put them in a chili?

I make the syn free BBQ sauce and add that to baked beans to make bbq beans, they taste lovely :)

Hi all, these new baked beans was on display at our meeting on Monday, and we was told that the Garlic,/smoky ones was syn free, and that the cheese ones was 3syns

Back