New here and just wanted to say hi!

Hey Everybody,
I'm new here, I'm a 26 year old woman from London (England) who has been struggling with my weight all my life.
Ultimately I'd really like to get a gastric band but I am going to try good old fashioned calorie counting and exercise first of all to see how far I get.
Not getting the support from my friends and family which is what has brought me to the site! Looks like a fantastic place, glad I've joined! :D

Welcome Aurora Gory Alice you'll find lots of support here :) x

Hi and welcome. Good luck with the calorie counting. Have you looked at the other site aimed at weight loss surgery?

Irene xx

Hi guys, thanks very much! I've done a bit of research on the weight loss surgery thing, sadly quite out of my price range at the mo' as I'm a lowly student. But I'll def go and have a read about other peoples experiences, thanks Irene. :)

Hi,

I looked at the gastric band but I couldn't do it, because of the cost but the implications. Ive decided on the Cambridge plan, am following step 2 so I have soups/porridge/shakes/bars + a small meal and it's working really well for me at the min.

I know it's not for everyone but I noticed that you're the same height and 11lbs under what my starting weight was.

Have a good scoot around and chat soon xx

Hi Aimee and Obsy. I looked into the Cambridge as well actually but food is a massive struggle for me, I have to eat, even if it's veggies and fish or something, otherwise I end up binging and then feeling awful. My friends all swear by the Lighter Life diet but I think I'd fail miserably if I didn't eat which is a shame really as I bet the weight would come off quicker if I tried a VLCD.

Hiya, I'm new too so just thought I'd say hi and good luck! I'm hoping having this forum as support will make losing the weight a bit easier.

hi, i would defo recommend slimming world as i have never felt hungry on this diet you can have as much pasta, potatoes, rice, veg and fruit as you like and its not boring either .
ive never been the type for clubs ect but i found it very good at spurring me on where id happily say stop. xx good luck xx

Hi Kikinz, I'm sure it will, there's so much information and good feeling surrounding weight loss that I feel more at ease already. :)

Thanks AppleJack. Xenical is just a weight loss aid to be honest, it's called Alli in the shops, it takes a quarter of the fat you eat per meal and comes out in your stool (yep, it's as gross as it sounds!). My mum swears by it and she has lost quite a lot of weight on it so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm also just doing the usual calorie counting/exercise and replacing breakfast with a Slim Fast shake as I was a breakfast skipper before!

Hi all, how's everyone's first week going so far? Mine's alright, although really need to start exercising again! x

Back