New here and new to slimming world

Hello, I just started slimming world 2 days ago at 15st 2. I’m a full time stay at home Dad of 4 kids (taken over from my wife the last 2 years) and as I find it hard to get out and about I’m doing my journey from home. My wife has been doing slimming world for a while now and she has seen great results! I have to admit when I first heard of it I was dubious but from being very active - and even working in a gym at one point to now looking after kids and sitting around in between I’ve turned to junk foods and exercise has gone out of the window! I never realised how much work went into looking after kids but after eating their left overs and munching with them during “tea parties” I’ve balooned! As I can’t get out allot I’m looking for some online support if I’m welcome?

Welcome HoneyBeez. You are absolutely welcome here. Bert is the top of the men's SW transformation board (if we had such a thing!). You'll be teaching yr kids healthy eating too - really good for them if you can get them helping in the kitchen too.

Hello, I just started slimming world 2 days ago at 15st 2. I’m a full time stay at home Dad of 4 kids (taken over from my wife the last 2 years) and as I find it hard to get out and about I’m doing my journey from home. My wife has been doing slimming world for a while now and she has seen great results! I have to admit when I first heard of it I was dubious but from being very active - and even working in a gym at one point to now looking after kids and sitting around in between I’ve turned to junk foods and exercise has gone out of the window! I never realised how much work went into looking after kids but after eating their left overs and munching with them during “tea parties” I’ve balooned! As I can’t get out allot I’m looking for some online support if I’m welcome?

Morning Honeybeez.
It will be the best thing you do starting SW.You're about the weight that I was when I started on November 1st last year.I would def advise going to group if you possibly can.I don't think I would have done so well on my own.

Morning Honeybeez.
It will be the best thing you do starting SW.You're about the weight that I was when I started on November 1st last year.I would def advise going to group if you possibly can.I don't think I would have done so well on my own.
Some meetings let you bring the kids - so it doubles as an outing!

Well done - 4lbs shed.

Back