New here and started Exante today

Hi all

Will try to keep this brief! Title says it all, really.

Did LighterLife years ago and lost six stone in six months with not a morsel of food passing my lips in all that time. Didn’t do maintenance as ex decided he wanted to do LL - he lasted three days 😂

Have been making lots of changes in my life and have spent the last year doing an Access to HE course at college - and am starting my Midwifery degree in two weeks’ time 😊

I know I must be physically and mentally strong to successfully complete this degree, hence starting Exante.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! I've a similar story. I shed 100lbs+ on a vlcd. Then feeling neglected and depressed regained it. I'm now doing low carb and intermittent fasting.

There are a few people here on various meal replacements- so it worth following their progress. Do start a diary on the Exante thread or the We mean it this time, members diaries or wherever suits you! You can also join us on @littlemissnaughty 's Slimmer for Christmas thread. You just copy and paste the latest list and add yrself and yr target. Then update weekly.

You'll see my diary when you have 50 posts - so hope to see you there soon!

Thanks, Ali - lovely to have such a quick response!

I know I need the discipline of nothing but chemicals (ie no actual food), at the very least till I’ve lost about half of what I want/need to. This time I won’t make the mistake of not doing any exercise - I was left with SO much excess skin last time that I truly looked better dressed than un- and it made me miserable.

I used minimins when I did LL and it really helped to have others on the same journey - but it looks like it’s much quieter now. I expect it’s cos most people will use Facebook. I’m trying to wean myself off using that so much, too! 😂

Been having a little pootle around the forums and threads but hate reading on the tiny screen of my phone.

Can’t see my ticker, either, despite adding it in my signature 🙄

Oh well, I guess it’ll all get easier soon enough - rather like a VLCD after day three... 😜

Good luck-I know what you mean about it being quieter. I'm doing Cambridge but it's the same principle so I'll follow your thread if that's OK.

Oh dear.

So I started Exante and was doing well - had lost just over a stone - then another bout of diverticulitis flared up and I ended up in hospital for a week over Christmas then back in for a couple of days the next week. I need an op - laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy - but had been told I was too fat for the op last June (hence Exante).
Long story short; losing the stone plus another half stone due to the hospital stay and still not being able to keep food in me for the next month meant that when I saw the registrar in mid March it was agreed I could have the op - then covid struck and all the elective surgery was cancelled including mine, which should’ve happened at the end of May.
I’m now back to my heaviest weight having put it all back on and dealing with massive stress from my youngest’s shenanigans.
Started again on 1 August and hoping to shift it again so that I can restart my midwifery degree (which I’ve had to interrupt as I missed so much placement time and was too ill to attend lectures). I still need the op, though, so I’m not sure how everything is going to pan out.
Three days in and I get rampant diarrhoea half an hour after a packet. Feeling a bit sorry for myself, tbh...

Back