New Here But Not New To Slimfast

soolaboola

sisters of slim
HI HAPPY BUNCH
MYSELF AND MY SON JOSEF HAVE BEEN ON SLIMFAST FOR 5 MONTHS,AND I HAVE BEEN READING DAILY UPDATES OF ALL YOUR DIETS AND HAVE GIVEN IN AND JOINED.OUR LOSSES TO DATE ARE ME -49 (COME ON -50) AND JOSEF (AGE 14) -42 ,AND BEFORE I GET ALL THE BAD MOTHER HASSLE THE DOCTORS SAID HE COULD GO ON SLIMFAST,HE SAID IF YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOUR AGE AND I AGREE.
SO I HOPE YOU CAN HELP GIVE US A LAST PUSH I STILL HAVE 24LBS TO GO AND JOE 14LB ,WE STARTED THIS DIET BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO FLORIDA. (IN 14 DAYS NOW),AND WE LOOK AND FEEL SO MUCH BETTER,I LOVE TO READ HOW EVERYONE IS GETTING ON AND HOPE YOU WILL INCLUDE US IN YOUR UPDATES ,I FEEL THAT IF YOU HAVE A BUDDY WHO IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING IT KEEPS YOU ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW.
HOPE TO SPEAK TO U SOON ANGIE AND JOSEF X:D

congrats on all ur losses xx enjoy ur holiday, u's should be very proud

Congrats to you both on your losses!

Enjoy your holiday with your fab new looks!

You have both done so well to stick to the diet. I too have been on the diet for 5 months (started on 7th Jan) and have, to date, lost 38lbs. I would realistically like to lose another 10lbs which would make me 10 stone 7lbs which I think is perfectatly reasonable for me (I am 5ft 7lbs). I am now in my normal weight for BMI but I would like to be more middle of the road than the top end. Have a fantastic holiday.

Take care
FF

thank you for all your kind words ,its nice to know there are nice people in the world,i have found over the 5 months that people in your close circle seem to get bored with hearing about our diets ,but they dont realise it is encouragement that keeps us strong ,so reading this site has really helped us,thanks again angie and josef x

I know what you mean, while every one is complimenting you on sticking to the diet and looking slimmer it`s easier to stick to the diet, when they all get bored is when the cheating starts...

Good luck with the rest of your diet

hi buffydog,i am hoping to lose again this week to make it -50 but finding it difficult this week,been to town and tried clothes on for my holiday and could find nothing i like and having not bought any clothes since the -49 loss feeling a bit down,what i think the prob is i still see myself 49lb heavier and i think my eyes have not told my brain i am not as fat as i was.so anything i picked to wear was not me if that makes sense.i usually stick to dark blue and black,and as i have been carrying all that extra weight for 17 years (yikes) i just cant do the pink and baby blue and oh my god yellow clothing may be i need therapy (ha ha).i have kitted out 2 sons and a husband for their hols at this rate i will be in florida with my jeans and jumper on like a security blanket of sorts.anyway i feel better after my moan hope i have not board you.i will go to town tomorrow and try again and hope my mood is better.night angie x
p.s food wise great milkshake breakfast,milkshake at 4.30 ,600 cal meal and i never have snacks.the weight is coming of 2-21/2 a week the prob is in my head they dont tell you that on the tin do they.

Hi,

You have done so well you should be so proud.

I know what you mean about going clothes shopping, last time i lost weight i took my sister and niece shopping with me, it was a tough job for them trying to prise me out of my old faithfuls. I remember being nearly 2 hours in new looks changing room as they brought and took back so many items of clothing , but we got there in the end.
So take a very patient friend with you and go for it , try it all on , you will find things you like :)

been to town today in a better mood,took 14 year old son with me for advice (wasnt blessed with daughters),so i knew if i said was my bum big in this he would give the right answer Ha ha .
anyway i now own 1 pair of baby blue (yikes) lonsdale trousers and a white (yikes)lonsdale sleeveless (yikes) top.and a navy blue (nice and safe) la gear short skirt and matching top, looked ok.or so son said.mother also said looked great.also my magic knickers off ebay came today so pulled them on and 3 more inches went (wow)
feeling more pos today. angie x

I love my magic knickers...........:D

I love buying smaller sized clothes, when losing weight.
I`ve started a diet pot, everytime i lose a lb i put £10 in it, once i get to my goal, will go on a major shopping spree......:bliss:

Hi Soolaboola
You and Josef are doing amazingly well. I think its great that you recognised you both needed to lose weight and got medical advice before starting. I'm sure you both look amazing and I hope you enjoy your holiday.

I think many of us have problems with accepting the new smaller person in the mirror but I bet your new YIKES clothes look fab!

BL x

Back