New here - got the book and .....

4isnotenough

I've been on a VLCD and Atkins, I've lost a ton of weight too. However the end is just not quite in sight, I'm maintaining struggling to get into the 10s and I really really want to just get this over with.

So - I bought the Ducan kindle book and am reading it and enthused.

If I start tomorrow, which is more than likely how much weight do I expect to lose on attack? I wonder if 5 days attack is acceptable for me also but I'll take each day as it comes.

I have oat bran in the kitchen just by chance so I don't even need to go out and buy anything. With previously doing Atkins I am pretty much stocked up too.

So here I am, saying hello. I'm 41 got 4 kids and a jelly belly, Im all set to go. I lost 78lbs in weight already, not sure when I will stop yet ... I will know hen I get there lol.

Hi 4

Welcome! If you check out the official Dukan site, the good Dr will calculate your attack, cruise, condo and stab phase dates for you! Free of charge too :)

Lol at your jelly belly comment! That's what my two-year old calls me! Charming ... just like his dad :D

P x

Welcom to Dukan 4, and good luck lol by your user name it sounds like more children if you get the chance x

Welcome to Dukan and well done on your fabulous loss so far very impressive xx

Hmm it's interesting that the dukan site suggests 3 days on attack then 104 days on cruise. I shall give it a go :).

Good luck! I've just finished day 4 of my attack - tomorrow is meant to be my last day but (if i follow the book and not the online page) i'm going to do 7 as feeling great. I've found what has helped me is having a fridge full of food which I like and am allowed to eat! Plan your meals for the day and write everything down :) All the best!

Well I'm half way through day 1. Had wee thin herby pork escallops for brekkie and had planned an omelet and my oatmeal for lunch. But late morning I was really sick, just came on so fast while I was out shopping. I have some allergies so must have come in contact with something - argh. I didn't eat lunch in the end lol, usually I wouldn't miss meals but I was so sick.

Guess I'll have lost a couple pounds already. :giggle:

Hi 4isnot, and welcome! Great start, shame about being sick though, hope you recover soon. If you have read the book you'll know that you should not go hungry at any point and that you aim to eat about 2g of pure protein per kilo of body weight every day. But what I really wanted to mention that if you're already coming from Low-Carb or Atkins, you may not see the same kind of looses that some clock up in attack as most of that is 'Water' losses that cutting of carbs causes. If your carb intake is already low you're not storing any extra water weight. But stick with it, don't do more than the recommended 3 days of attack and you will see some proper losses eventually!

Oh dear what a start, hope you feel better.

Good luck...... hope your feeling better...xx

Keep going, hope you feel better soon x

Not a great start, as has been suggested try and eat something, maybe a plain omelette.

Take care and good luck.

Thank you everyone. I recovered as the day went on ate plain chicken for dinner and that was fine. Last night I had my oatbran in low fat yoghurt. It's a start lol.

Today I'm feeling much better
B - ham, egg baked with chicken on top instead of the usual cheese
L - chicken!

I can see a trend here at least attack is just three days and I'm 50% there

Great 4, your off the starter block x keep going chuck x

Back