new here -hi!! advice on packs x

cathy2009

hi everyone after deciding between cambridge and lighter life ive decided to go for the cd, firstly the consultant seems lovely , secondly the cost and thirdly ive 2 small children so i know i would struggle to make the conselling sessions of LL each week with trying to get baby sitters.
im meeting my CD consultant no friday, i suppose im looking a bit of advice before then with regards to what packs are the nicest?
also i did lipo trim a few years ago i thought it was awful the packs were disgusting, has anyone tried both to see what CD is like in comparrison?
and finally... lol sorry for all the qus, for my first week should i try just the packs or should i do the option where i have chicken and veg for dinner, does it make it any easier? thanks in advance xxxx

Its hard to answer those questions really because everyone has different likes and dislikes. My advice is to try them and decide which ones are best for you.

I'm doing SS-no meals and i'm not finding it a problem but if you feel that you will be unable to go for weeks without food other than the packs then there is the option of ss+-but again only you will know how you are coping with the diet .

Good luck, whatever you decide :)

hey miss neat!!very true its like me asking how long is a piece of string lol, i suppose i should ask is there any packs that seem to be unanimously not nice? i know when i did lipo trim everyone said the flap jacks were horrible and they really were! lol, i like the sound of the maple and pecan porridge have you tried it? what texture is the porridge?> thanks xx

eww thanks for the tip hayley =) how are you finding it all? is there any packs really nice? i love milkshaks so im hoping the strawberry will be nice x

All I can tell you is the chocolate and chocolate mint are the nicest for me. Blend them well I agree with that comment 100%. I use ice cold water from my brita filter more palatable for my tastes others mix with hot (not boiling) water and make hot choc/cappacino (I don't like those normally so can't tell you what they are like. After 2 weeks you can try the bars. Good luck Jayne

Hi there
I personally love all of the porridge options. I drink the choc mint and cappuccino but make them both with hot water rather than cold they are very nice. I also like all of the soups.
The only thing I haven't liked so far is the butterscotch shake.
I am amazed at how easy I find the plan, I have a porridge on a morning, Soup on a evening and shake in between. I don't feel I am missing out on food as the porridge and soup are both food, I know that that's obvious but I had thought the plan was going to be all shakes so the bonus of eating twice a day keeps me going.
Good luck on your journey x x x

Hi cathy I've done Lipotrim before and the shakes were vile was tempted to do it again cost wise but I know with the variety of CD I would stick to it more. I hated the porridge was so strong tasting reminded me of lipotrim shake but in a paste. I really recommend the instant choc shakes get a pack they ate so yummy don't taste like a diet shake remind me of a frijj milkshake. I also like forest fruits taste like petit filois yogurt. And them the choc mint choc orange banana is nice wit lots of ice too :)

I hated the porridge give one a try and then decide. Some people sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger powder etc on them. You just need to try them. Enjoy.

aw thanks for your replies, really appreciate it, yes thats what im hoping to stick to porridge for brekkie, shake for lunch and soup for dinner , fingers crossed =) x

aw thanks missy mint! =) yes i thought the lipo trim shakes were vile =) your post has really helped me, its real useful when people can decribe what theyre like, eg the petit filous taste lol, are there any similar posts i could look up to see peoples reviews on packs without starting another thread xxx

I'm not too sure to be honest I think just get one of each and try and the next week you are them sure of what you do and don't like. I thought I'd like the butterscotch but wasnt too keen nor on any of the soups but the oriental chill the tomato is ok but bit grainy I thought. Defo get some of the instant ones as easy to take out with you of your out for the day I think. Good luck :) its so much easier than lipotrim don't know how I managed two months of it lol oh also the bars on this which your allowed in week two are sooo good not like those yucky lipotrim flapjacks :) like the chewy boots healthy range.

I can describe what I have tried. Shakes
Butterscotch-nothing like angel delight butterscotch gutted funny aftertaste.
Banana-nice very sweet but nice banana taste
Vanilla again sweet but really tasted of vanilla (some mix with coffee not done that myself
Toffee and walnut-dry and tasted of walnut shells
Choc mint-blooming lovely like drinking an after eight mint.
Chocolate-blend well nice and creamy not too sweet
Choc orange-nothing like Terrys tasted of the plain choc with a vile aftertaste that coated the tongue.
Soups
spicy tomato- my fav soup but blend well has a lovely warming kick to it. (I find it hard to have warm soup as I like mine piping hot and not allowed)
Chicken and mushroom-like cup a soup more watery
Vegatable-as above
Leek and potato-creamy if blended well
Tetras
Banana-sweet just like a concentrated nesquik
Chocolate-creamy sweet and yummy.
Porridge
Like sweet wallpaper paste in the bin it went
Bars
Chewy
orange-like a jaffa cake yum
Toffee-tasty very toffee like
chocolate- really chocolatey (my fave do you see a theme emerging?)I love chocolate
Crunchy
choc mint-chocolatey but mint pieces a bit like polystyrine
peanut-yum very peanutty (cut in half lengthways and marry it with a half of a toffee one instant snickers CD style.
Hope this helps and others can describe the ones I dont like/havent tried.
choc or

Back