NEW HERE

Lisa Marie

Silver Member
Hi I'm Lisa and new around here. I'm 36 and been overweight for most of my adult life tried most of the slimming clubs and did managed to lose 3 and 1/2 stone with WW but it all went back on and more. I've been reading lots of posts on here over the last few days and feel very inspired, so I have decided that the only way for me is a VLCD. I'm gonna start the CD on 28th Jan the only reason Im delaying the start is that I'm going away weekend of the 25th. I have my meeting with the CDC on the 24th so I'm ready to start on the monday after I get back. I've been looking at all your before and after photos and you all look fantastic! Hope I'm as successful.

Hi Lisa Marie, welcome to minimins.

The decision to start a VLCD is never an easy one is it, but youve made that decision and its all go from the 28th!!!

Up your water intake now and lower the carbs and this will make life a lot easier for you.

Im 33 yrs old and I too had been overweight for ever!! Im not now, and its life changing.

Keep posting, and have a good look round, of you need anything then just ask, we will help x

Hi Lisa Marie
Welcome to the group. Good luck on your new CD journey - it's an exciting time and you'll be amazed at how fast you'll shrink!

Looking forward to following your progress :)

Hi Lisa Marie!!! I am in a similar situation to you. I'm 32, lost about 3 1/2 stone with WW a few years back, before that was always overweight. It has crept back on mainly in the past 3 years so decided on a VLCD. Its my second week, having lost 7lbs last week. Seeing all the pics of people a few weeks/months into it is inspiration enough, but everyone is so nice and the messages are brilliant. (I am am completely addicted to visiting the site!!)I was advised to cut down on carbs for a couple of days before starting, which I did and I think it helped. I didn't really feel hungry in my first week, despite my OH having fish & chips on my first day!! I think I was so determined to see through Day 1 and succeed than to give in and scoff chips, I felt so chuffed with myself (which actually felt better than feeling sick from chip overload!!!)

Welcome Lisa Marie, strap yourself in for the ride of your life, you won't regret it.

Good luck for the 28th and let us know how you are getting on.

Georgie
xx

Hiya Lisa Marie,

Just want to say welcome aboard minimins, this is a fab site and everyone on it is sooooooo lovely.

CD is great!!! going low carb prior to your start date is a really good idea, take a look at the stickys above the threads. Various info. there for you to browse through. When your coming up to your start date, pop in to the daily thread. A new one is started EACH NEW DAY and it's a place where we go to catch up with the days events and how we're getting on with the diet.

Best Wishes,
xx sj xx

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I know I'm just gonna love this site, I'm addicted already lol. Reading all your tips and stories is really inspirational and I can't wait to start CD. I know it's gonna be a long hard slog but I'm determined to lose the weight this time I don't want to be obese anymore. I need to lose about 5.5 stone, that will take me to 9.5 stone but will set myself small goals along the way.

Once again thanks everyone :)

Welcome and good luck! Sounds like you're really psyched up for it. x

How do you find the daily thread? AM I being stoopid??

Back