New here !

time4action

Morning,

Just thought I'd jump in and introduce myself. I've been popping my head round the door now for a week or so and last week contacted a CD counsellor to arrange my very first appt :D.

I'm not really sure what to expect. I know this is the right programme for me and I'm 100% sure that I will stick to it and excited about the prospect of looking fabulous again and retreiving all my lovely clothes from under the bed that will fit again. I long to say goodbye to elasticated waists and anything that covers my ever increasing belly and thighs.

So my first question to all you lovely people is, what can I expect when I visit with my counsellor for the first time on Thursday ? I'm a little bit apprehensive and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Me

Hi time4action, welcome to mini's. This is a great site pop in whenever you need anything there is always someone around to chat to. My 1st meeting with my cdc was just about filling out the form and getting it signed by doctor if your bmi is over a certain no. sorry I cant remember what it is 40 perhaps? Once I had the ok from doctor I was ready to start, she weighed me and gave me packs,talked me through what to expect and what to do and not to do, best way to make shakes etc. I think some of the cdc's mesure and take photos etc

Once again welcome!!
Becky :)

Hiya Time4action and welcome to minimins and good luck on your CD journey!!! Sounds like you're in a wonderful frame of mind to get this diet kickstarted, you ca do it hun!!!

Regards your CDC you should except them to listen to you and to feel reassured that they know what theyre talking about, you shouldn't feel you've been rushed during your meeting.....when i got weighed on friday i had almost a 2hr wait coz there was 2 new starters but i didnt mind one bit we're all there for the same reason!!!! Hopefully you'll get on really well with your CDC and you should come away your head overflowing with positivity and knowledge :)

Look forward to getting to know you xx

Hi Time for Action,

I'm pretty new too, just completed my first week and have my first WI this evening.

My CDC did as above last week, took me through forms, measured my height and weighed me. If your BMI is over 40 you have to be signed off by your Doctor which I was and my doc happily signed straight away. Got my sachets and away I went. Have really really enjoyed most of the soups and shakes, there are only maybe one or two I haven't really liked. It's going very well so far.

This diet is absolutely brilliant, it's all about getting your head in the game and it seems you have. Mine still is too, looking forward to a good weight loss tonight! Fingers crossed.

I'm no expert as new to me too, but there is always someone on this site with the answer to any of your questions. It's really inspiring and everyone is so lovely.

Good Luck with your journey!!

:):):):):):)

Welcome T4A. I was new last week. On my first visit to the CDC she talked me through the programme, filled in the forms and let me have the first week supply to start as soon as I had seen my doctor. She said that she would weigh me if i wanted her to but most people like to do their own weighing. On the next visit, I just picked up new supplies and generally talked things through with her.
So far, I have really enjoyed it and have not felt hungry at all. The secret is having your first shake as late in the day as you can and drinking as much water as you can. I have a shake at lunch time, a soup at dinner time and then a shake later in the evening when my husband has his bedtime snack (he's a diabetic) so I am not feeling left out! The more water you can drink - I am averaging 4 litres per day on top of the water in shakes and soups or cups of coffee - the better.
I have had sneaky jumps on the scales and am more than happy with my weight loss - but I am keeping that quiet until tomorrow which is my official weigh day!
This forum is brilliant for the support and advice you can get. It kept me really focused in the first few days especially.
Enjoy it - once you get over Day 3 you will be absolutely fine.

Back