New- how do do this?

Crunchy

I am debating over Weight Watchers or calorie counting, thinking CC might be easier as I can look at packaging and count as I go without having to know what point it is.

Do you have to CC EVERYTHING like fruit and vegetables (things like this are free on WW) It seems it would take ages if I have to count every floret of broccoli.

Where do you get started with CC? How do you know how much things are eg how would I know how much a tsp of marg is?

Does it matter how many grams of fat is in something?

Do you log in a book or online?

Want to get started on this tomorrow, need to see some weight loss I am so fed up being this way :cry:

the best thing i can recommend is weighing any food that needs it (ie. rice, veg etc) and logging it on a site like food focus (google it-should be the top one) i started off doing that, it's like an online food and exercise diary. i stopped using it once i got the hang of it and now i log everything i eat in a physical food diary so it's on hand wherever i go. you have to be very committed to counting every calorie or there's no point in calorie counting!

you start to know the cals that are in the things you use regularly (for me things like a tsp olive oil, 100g broccoli, one wholewheat pita bread -stuff like that) you can buy books. amazon have one that's supposed to be good - type calorie counting into the search bit and they all appear. but normally i just google it if i don't know, and calorie-count websites tell me! you get used to it, but it can be hard at first.

good luck petal. if you've got any more questions just ask :)

Back