New job, new hours.......

*Emsie*

Gold Member
I start a new job tomorrow, in a school as a support assistant, am really pleased and excited if rather nervous! Am also anxious about how it will affect my weight loss!
I was fortunate in my other job that I could eat whenever and had access to microwave etc a lot of the time but am unsure how this will work out in the new job!
Also i tended to do a lot of green days as it suited me to tend to graze through out the day whereas now I will have chance to eat more meals with the family and my mealtimes will be more regular and structured to the school breaks and lunchtimes etc So I am intending to try more extra easy days.
I'm sure it will all work out ok but its just on my mind!

Congrats on your new job. Why dont you take a few syn free snacks in with you to have during breaks. You will also probably find there is a microwave somewhere that you will be able to use so plan you lunches around that. With a more structured daily routine you should be fine.

I am sure you will be fine first days are always a bit scary Good luck

Good luck tomorrow!
Maybe take eats with you until you can suss out what's there, then plan accordingly.

Good luck for tomorrow! I also start a new job in a school tomorrow, really nervous! I only started Slimming World on Tuesday so I'm still getting used to it all and I am also worried about how it is going to affect my eating as I've just had the school holidays off for 6 weeks and been able to eat when I want.

How Weird, I too should be starting a new job as a school support Asst. My team leader is needing to confirm if i can go as i need to be at school for 9am and also have my own children to get to School.

Good Luck chaps!!

Good luck for tomorrow! I also start a new job in a school tomorrow, really nervous! I only started Slimming World on Tuesday so I'm still getting used to it all and I am also worried about how it is going to affect my eating as I've just had the school holidays off for 6 weeks and been able to eat when I want.

Thanks and good luck to you too! What job are you going to be doing then?

whoo hoo well done on the new job. Hope it goes exceptionally well for you. As you say it will go completely OK and within a few days you will be into what time they have breaks and lunch etc and what equipment they have in the kitchenm etc etc.

I started a new job 3 months ago - was extremely nervous but within a few days I was well into their routines.

Good luck

Thanks and good luck to you too! What job are you going to be doing then?

I'm also a support assistant! Work with a visually impaired child. I've worked within SEN for the past 3 years but in a much smaller school. It's going well so far, so different to my last school though. How is it going for you? I lost 3.5 lbs after my first week on slimming world too so had a pretty great week. :D

Congrats on the new job - I was a TA for a few years before doing teacher training and I loved it.

Most school staffrooms are well equipped so if you did want to heat something up that shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you take in your own snacks for breaks - every school staffroom I've been in always seems to have an endless supply of chocolate, cake and biscuits!

Back