new LL mag wot a stunner

hopefilly

Silver Member
Hi folks has anyone seen the 57 year old in the new LL magazine she looks fabulous :jelous::jelous:

Yeah - it really highlights how much OLDER we all look when we're fat! I look like I'm in my 20s now (I'm 34) whereas before I looked like I was early 40s!!!! I think its also because you dress more dowdy when you're fat because you want to cover up, and also because the 'younger' styles are not available in the larger sizes!

It probably also helps that once slim you have a more positive outlook on life, which makes you look and act younger.

For me, it's very much being able to hope again, not feeling resigned to being fat anymore, after so many other diets had given me a sense that, yes, I could lose a pound here and there, but I would put it all back on sooner or later. Now I feel that I can lose all the weight and keep it off for good (with the CBT&TA). And the good thing is that all this optimism spreads to other aspects of my life, while before there was always this dark cloud following me whatever I did. Amazing what a difference this programme can make! :wow:

well said gobubbles, i have definitely noticed a difference with the newly found optimism i have. infact im searching for a new job because i feel so confident that i am ready for a promotion. The old me would never have done that.

Well done on your winning corey, hope its lots of dosh

I agree that you find a sense of optimism once you lose some weight, I know that I have. I've also got more confidence in situations than I would have once had - yesterday whilst on this training course there was an exercise that was based on NLP, now we were told that we didn't have to do this as it would open us up to those in our group but that we may find a benefit from it. Well I knew then that I would do it and said so to the whole group, I did it - did feel a bit emotionally naked (this was in a smaller group of 4) but really did feel the benefit of it and the peace of mind that it gave me .............. but I do know that had I been at my previous weight/size I'd have been less likely to give it a go.

Back