New, lost, low and out of ideas

Hello,
I'm new to the whole forum thing but unfortunately not new to dieting, in fact I've tried and failed most.
I joined to get some help, advice and ideas, I've been struggling with weight issues since I was a teenager, I'm suffering from pretty bad depression at the moment most of which stems from my weight problem. But the lower I feel the more I binge and the harder it is to stick to a diet. Its at the stage now where I'm getting health and mobility problems. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Hello,

You know just by being here and posting that message you've made a positive step forward :)

Good luck and soak up all the encourgement and advice you're sure to get while you're here.

Therell be good days and bad days but just take them one at a time xxx

Hi hun, its really hard being bug but if you really want to lose it then this is a great place for support :) I have had really bad emotional eating problems but its much better since I've started using slimpods which are tracks you listen too. Take a look in the slimpod section as I really think they are amazing for people with issues other than just diet. Any plan works you need to find something you can work with and get to the root of it all which again is where slimpods have helped me. I promise I don't work for them lol I just know how hard it is and I started at 28st. It's not a race either take each day at a time and baby steps expecting tough days, but the good ones do add up. Good luck! X

Hello! I have also recently joined my forum and one of the things that is really motivating me so far is this quote that I have seen A LOT! "Losing weight is hard, being overweight is hard - which hard do you want?" In fact Jayde ^^^ has something similar in her signature :)

Hello
Some times life can be a rollercoaster of up and downs ,and waight can be the main reason , but when you have a strong net work of people behind you its easier to kope with the downs while you try to climb up !!!

thank you, I'm finding my feet on the forum and have spoken to a few lovely people over on the weight watchers bit. I like that quote its very true and I've never thought about it like that, I've given up on lots of diets because its too hard being obese and miserable is certainly harder. x

Hi, For My Sake.
I know how you are feeling. I'm 100lbs (7st 2lb) over weight and the thought of how far I have to go is so discouraging. I have made a list of all the reasons I want to lose weight and seeing that list helps me keep my head up. I want to walk without having trouble breathing, I want to fit into my clothes again, I want to go outside of my house without worrying what people are saying or thinking about me. The longer I wait to diet, the more harm I'm doing to myself (mentally and physically). I have horrible self esteem and my depression is causing a huge problem between me and my family.
Make a list of why you want to lose weight. Keep an outfit out in front of you that you dream to fit into. Put photos of yourself on the refrigerator. When you feel like giving in, chew gum, drink green tea, drink water, brush your teeth, go for a walk, weigh yourself, write about your mood into a journal (what triggers the need to eat, how you are feeling, what you want). Get online and get support in these forums.
These are just some ideas that I have come up with in the past. I wish you much luck in your weight loss journey. You can do!!

Jenipye said:
Hi, For My Sake.
I know how you are feeling. I'm 100lbs (7st 2lb) over weight and the thought of how far I have to go is so discouraging. I have made a list of all the reasons I want to lose weight and seeing that list helps me keep my head up. I want to walk without having trouble breathing, I want to fit into my clothes again, I want to go outside of my house without worrying what people are saying or thinking about me. The longer I wait to diet, the more harm I'm doing to myself (mentally and physically). I have horrible self esteem and my depression is causing a huge problem between me and my family.
Make a list of why you want to lose weight. Keep an outfit out in front of you that you dream to fit into. Put photos of yourself on the refrigerator. When you feel like giving in, chew gum, drink green tea, drink water, brush your teeth, go for a walk, weigh yourself, write about your mood into a journal (what triggers the need to eat, how you are feeling, what you want). Get online and get support in these forums.
These are just some ideas that I have come up with in the past. I wish you much luck in your weight loss journey. You can do!!

Those ideas are fab for anyone trying to lose weight. I wish you every success with your journey and I do believe that where there's a will there's a way. I would live to know how you get on each week. A supportive note also helps. Take care Yvonne x

I know what your feelin too. Keep strong and remember your on a journey and it is special and unique to you. Just as you are a special and unique person, take baby steps and you will achieve what you desire. It's hard to lose weight especially when over the years we have developed bad habits but it's all a learning curve. You here and that's the main thing you're getting the help and support you need. Good luck on your journey Hun x

Back