New Me, New Diary! Maintenance Begins

Hi Tracey

What a lovely assortment of goodies you found in your children's rooms. If or should I say when :rolleyes: we move house, I dread to think what I'll find in Georgia's room, I think we'll both have a few surprises!!

You should find your loose skin will shrink a bit as time goes on, it all depends on how much you lost, how quickly and really how lucky you are and supple your skin is. Some people get away with it more than others (I, jammy so-and-so am one of them :p).

x

Hi MD

What a lovely assortment of goodies you found in your children's rooms. If or should I say when :rolleyes: we move house, I dread to think what I'll find in Georgia's room, I think we'll both have a few surprises!!

That reminds me to look on your diary to see how house hunting is going, but still haven't read it all from the beginning yet! Don't they say moving is one of the most stressful things we can do in our lives. That and divorce, I've divorced once and moved 4 times, divorce removed the stress I'd been feeling;)

You should find your loose skin will shrink a bit as time goes on, it all depends on how much you lost, how quickly and really how lucky you are and supple your skin is. Some people get away with it more than others (I, jammy so-and-so am one of them :p).

I hope it does a bit. I've lost just under 4 stone, so not a great deal really. Oh to be jammy too!! :)

Tracey
x

June 11th

Last day at work:D I've had a lovely day, kind comments from everyone, loads of hugs and kisses and a few tears!

I got all my outstanding work completed by mid morning, Stu and I went outside for a ciggie and his mobile went off, he got the job he applied for:D:D:D:D After ciggie he set to work typing his resignation letter! What will they do without us:p I'll miss my pal Stu, we had just mastered a great breakdancing routine between us (that's another story!) Elaine cried when the news of Stu was relayed to her, she has an interview tomorrow, so hopefully she'll soon follow us out the door!

Everything was quite quiet this afternoon and foolishly I thought I'd got away with making a leaving speech, I hate those sort of things, I'd rather slip away quietly. I had made my rounds saying my goodbyes during the day and thought that was enough, but no, everyone piled into my office. I was given a package and words like 'we'll miss your straight talking, shooting from the hip comments' (I think that was actually a lie as I could see relief on a few faces;)) I opened my pressie, and for once was speechless, I received a gorgeous silver bracelet, silver hoop earrings and £40 of New Look vouchers:eek::eek::eek: It was so generous of them all (also when people normally leave the finance office they get a calculator, pen set and personal organiser!!)

I opened my card, but couldn't read it all, there were personal messages there that made my eyes well, so I waited til I got home to read it properly.

As you can imagine I couldn't wait to spend my vouchers, so decided that as I finish work at 4 and didn't have my exam at college til 6 (which is conveniently near a New Look:D) I'd pop into town and see what goodies I could get. I bought a pair of jeans (size 8:eek::eek::eek:), 2 tops and a pair of shoes that were in the sale.

As I walked back to college, I passed a group of men sitting down on the pavement, as I passed by one of them said 'nice arse, shame about the face'!!:eek::eek: :rotflmao: I turned round and said 'if you were to get a job and become a decent member of society perhaps you'd develop better chat up lines' OMG what has happened to me. Where has this brazenness come from, I've always said what I think, but only to people I actually know about things that are important to me. I couldn't care less what this man thought and in the past would have gone bright red and hurried off with my head down. I told Scott about this episode and he told me off and said these guys could have got nasty and anything could have happened (as it was the guy shut up and his friends just laughed. Scott was right though, I could have got myself into trouble, but I honestly didn't even think about that, the words just flew out of my mouth!

Got to college and took my exam, well actually it wasn't really an exam, it was multiple choice questions and only 40 of them at that, but it is important because if I don't pass this, then I won't gain my whole qualification. i think I did ok, will find out next week.

Got home just in time to change and go to keep fit:)

Saw kids for about 10 minutes as when I got home they were all in bed. Still I've got plenty of time to do extra things with them now I'm not working:D:D

Tracey
x

I love the magpie tendencies of children. Especially the things they choose to share their beds with.
Anyway, 8 hours later, things had starting looking good! Girls room is complete, and so is Kim's. Scott had a go at me for buying 'cheap crap from argos' by this he meant both the bed and wardrobe, which took him ages to erect. If I had a penny for every expletive he used, I'd be a millionairess;)
And if you'd bought expensive stuff he'd have nagged you for spending too much when you can get cheap-&-cheerful from Argos! Sounds like a conversation we have in our slum.

Only room left to go is Cameron's, which I intend to set about on Tuesday (my first day of retirement:D) Goodness only knows what will be lurking in wait for me there:eek: What a way to celebrate your life of leisure. My advise is to wear hand protection. This is a boy's room after all! No1 daughter would advise nose pegs too!

Friends came over this evening and brought over a freezer which was no longer needed by one of their mums. It's a huge chest freezer, only a couple of years old. What a fuss getting it into the house! In the end hubby had to take off the wheels and lid to get it in, something else for him to moan about:rolleyes: It was quite funny watching him and Tim trying to get it through the front door though (whilst I sat leisurely on the sofa with Karen sipping my coffee:cool:) It took them 3/4 hour!! :giggle:Nice to wathc them sweating isn't it. Couldn't manage without my large chest freezer, & you've got more children than I have.Now you can fill it with low fat high fibre stews & stuff.

I'm going to have to get some belts. I have to keep pulling up my jeans.
NO! go & buy some new ones!!!

I haven't lost anymore weight I don't think, but my inches are still going down! Must be the exercise I guess. Actually my body is a bit strange at the moment. Boobs are quite floppy and so is tummy:( My bum had disappeared and the skin looks like that of an eighty year old when I clench it.I've got all of those things, including the collapsed bum.I'd anticipated the saggy boobs but not the buttocks. Bit sad about this but still think it's a small price for being 'normal' again. Also I have been v overweight for quite a long time.I wander if it's because I lost the weight so fast? Hopefully it'll catch up soon and iron out a bit.
I think it's bound to. you've got youth on your side! ( & don't give me any of this nearly 40 rubbish) My CDC said recently that her skin is still improvong a little bit 3yrs after losing.
I'm not complaining though! In clothes I feel great and in myself I feel even greater, these feelings sort of eclipse all the little niggles don't they.and afterall it's only Scott who sees any nakedness, and nothing can be worse than the sight of me as I was pre weight loss!

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey
You should find your loose skin will shrink a bit as time goes on, it all depends on how much you lost, how quickly and really how lucky you are and supple your skin is. Some people get away with it more than others (I, jammy so-and-so am one of them :p).Now why didn't this surprise me!
But glad to hear that there is some cathc up even if it did come from elasta-girl. (I just love The Incredibles don't you)
x

June 11th
I got all my outstanding work completed by mid morning, Stu and I went outside for a ciggie and his mobile went off, he got the job he applied for:D:D:D:D After ciggie he set to work typing his resignation letter! What will they do without us:p I'll miss my pal Stu, we had just mastered a great breakdancing routine between us (that's another story!) Elaine cried when the news of Stu was relayed to her, she has an interview tomorrow, so hopefully she'll soon follow us out the door!You've got me feeling sorry for the company you're leaving now.
The leaving gifts sound a bit overwhelming!
As you can imagine I couldn't wait to spend my vouchers, so decided that as I finish work at 4 and didn't have my exam at college til 6 (which is conveniently near a New Look:D) I'd pop into town and see what goodies I could get. I bought a pair of jeans (size 8:eek::eek::eek:), 2 tops and a pair of shoes that were in the sale.
Did you say Size 8? Thought you looked fab in the new Avatar pic.
As I walked back to college, I passed a group of men sitting down on the pavement, as I passed by one of them said 'nice arse, shame about the face'!!:eek::eek: :rotflmao: I turned round and said 'if you were to get a job and become a decent member of society perhaps you'd develop better chat up lines' I love it. just love it.OMG what has happened to me. Where has this brazenness come from, I've always said what I think, but only to people I actually know about things that are important to me. I couldn't care less what this man thought and in the past would have gone bright red and hurried off with my head down. Don't stop being brazen.we need more!I told Scott about this episode and he told me off and said these guys could have got nasty and anything could have happened (as it was the guy shut up and his friends just laughed. Scott was right though, I could have got myself into trouble, but I honestly didn't even think about that, the words just flew out of my mouth! spose he's got a point, but if it was a well peopled road the risks are low.

Got to college and took my exam, well actually it wasn't really an exam, it was multiple choice questions and only 40 of them at that, but it is important because if I don't pass this, then I won't gain my whole qualification. i think I did ok, will find out next week.

Got home just in time to change and go to keep fit:)

Saw kids for about 10 minutes as when I got home they were all in bed. Still I've got plenty of time to do extra things with them now I'm not working:D:D

Tracey
x

Good luck with the Exam..though I doubt you need any!

quote -
Originally Posted by MadamDotty
Hi Tracey
You should find your loose skin will shrink a bit as time goes on, it all depends on how much you lost, how quickly and really how lucky you are and supple your skin is. Some people get away with it more than others (I, jammy so-and-so am one of them :p).Now why didn't this surprise me!
But glad to hear that there is some cathc up even if it did come from elasta-girl. (I just love The Incredibles don't you)
x

Jane that's made me laugh out loud - elasta girl works for me :p

Size 8 jeans Tracey - good grief woman that's tiny and New Look size 8 jeans, can't imagine they're known for their generosity of sizes - wowsers you go girl & strut your funky stuff :D or should I say skinny butt.

I'm with Jane, good on you for giving that pig a piece of your mind and good come back too - I know you have to be careful, but unlikely that they'd get nasty over something like that, more probably very embarrassed, especially as they don't have the intelligence & wit for an even better comeback!

Enjoy your day at home today, try not to do as this CDC does and spend far too many hours on Minimins :rolleyes::D

quote -

Enjoy your day at home today, try not to do as this CDC does and spend far too many hours on Minimins :rolleyes::D
Minimin's ? what's that? Sounds addictive!

Minimin's ? what's that? Sounds addictive!

Highly addictive Jane - should come with a government warnining or something!

quote -
Originally Posted by MadamDotty
Hi Tracey
x

Jane that's made me laugh out loud - elasta girl works for me :p

I loved this!!!!

Jane you've done it now!!! Whenever I read any of your posts MD I'm going to see you clad in your red lycra suit!

Size 8 jeans Tracey - good grief woman that's tiny and New Look size 8 jeans, can't imagine they're known for their generosity of sizes - wowsers you go girl & strut your funky stuff :D or should I say skinny butt.

I was gobsmacked!!! Got them home and Kim's eyes lit up 'ow mum can I borrow them' NO:p

I'm with Jane, good on you for giving that pig a piece of your mind and good come back too - I know you have to be careful, but unlikely that they'd get nasty over something like that, more probably very embarrassed, especially as they don't have the intelligence & wit for an even better comeback!

Luckily that was the case:)

Can't help it now! They say (not sure who!) That if you give up one addiction, it can lead to starting another. In my case, addiction to unhealthy foods, late night snacking etc. seems to have lessened, so addiction to Mins has begun;) I'd rather spend my old age with sight problems from hours of reading posts on pc, than not get old at all:D

Tracey
x

12th June

Had a lovely day today! met with friends for coffee in the morning and put the world to rights as only us girls can do:rolleyes:

Came home to start the evacuation of all things horrid and boylike from Cameron's bedroom. Took advise from Jane and wore as much protection as possible;) I was so pleasantly surprised, nothing nasty lurked there:eek: Sorted out a sack of clothes for a friends son, everything shipshape in no time!!

Had a lovely conversation with a friend at lunchtime and before I knew it kids all piling in from school and college. Cooked a nice meal which everyone enjoyed:eek: Normally I have to make little adjustments for their differing tastes:sigh: But everyone loved it and had seconds, except me of course:innocent0001:

I decided to check out Britains Talent (I think that's the title) I couldn't stop laughing it was hilarious (an absolute load of rubbish but so funny!!) Should be renamed Britain's fruit loops!!! What people will do to get their 15 minutes of fame!!!! Then of course Big Brother! This show causes friction every year. I am a sad individual who finds this programme fascinating:eek: Scott however sees it as it is...crap! this year as he is doing up another old american car, has bought parts of it home, bonnet, doors etc. So he can then escape BB and fix up car!

Still waiting to get written confirmation of training course, then I can book a hotel. Can't wait:D

Tracey
x

Hey Tracey,

I am loving the new thread.

Size 8!!!!! WOWEE

Congratulations on your fabulous loss - you really are an inspiration to those like me who are still on the road to goal.

Minimins is the best snacking substitute in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tracey,

I am loving the new thread.

That's very kind thankyou :)

Size 8!!!!! WOWEE

Well just squeezed in them, most clothes are a size 10.

Congratulations on your fabulous loss - you really are an inspiration to those like me who are still on the road to goal.

How lovely of you to say, I know when I started CD I never thought I'd get this far, but am so pleased that I've stuck it out.

Minimins is the best snacking substitute in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately!!!!! Without the support, help and inspirational gallery, I know I probably would have failed (again:(:eek:)

Thanks Ruth for taking the time to read my diary, it's lovely that you posted. Looking at your ticker I would say your a bit of an inspiration to newcomers yourself:):) Your doing brilliantly, congratulations:D:D:D

Tracey
x

13th February

Day started yet again with coffee and great company of friends:) It's lovely to catch up as some of my friends I don't get to see too regularly, I was going to say it would save my phone bills, but the price of coffee, plus coffee shop in town leads me to wander around shops afterwards spending more:sigh:. Scott will have me back in employment before I know it, if I don't watch out:eek:;)

Lunchtime popped up to see my dear Dad, in the hope he'd be able to come over on Sunday for lunch as it's Father's Day. Sadly he can't make it, he plays the double bass in several jazz bands, and has a band commitment on Sunday. Good news was he checked his diary and has invited us to him on the 24th! Hey bonus, I get out of the cooking:cool:

At the moment Dad has the builders round, he's having a granny annex built for Sue's (stepmother) Mum, and also a conservatory fitted at the same time. It's looking good!!!!:D Poor old Mavis (Sue's Mum) has the onset of dementia so not sure how long she'll be able to be there for:( But I'm guessing my baby sister will adopt the annex as her own in a few years time!

Picked up Deven from school and took her to the local park, where some nasty boys were calling her 'fat devil' :mad: I approached the mum's and explained what was happening and that it was upsetting my child and one of them said ' oh there only children they don't mean it' I did the grown up thing and walked away from the situation. I sat for a while fuming thinking should I go over and say something else when one of the boys fell off a wooden climbing frame thingy. Of course panic ensued and mother was bleeting on, got to be honest I sat with a smug grin on my face thinking karma always gets you in the end:eek: How horrid am I:eek:

Nearly forgot to mention, after moaning about kids bedrooms and unsavoury things hidden under duvets etc. There is an awful stench in my kitchen:eek: it's been really hot here today and the smell is horrid. I've been crawling around like a pig snuffling out truffles, and I can't find where it's coming from:confused: I've checked all cupboards etc. I've sniffed round back of fridge, washing machine and sink area, and I can't pinpoint it. I can't even describe the smell, it's very strange. I'm just hoping when we had the new boiler fitted and floorboards were up nothing crawled in and died down there!!! Checked the number of cats, yup still have 4 and 4 kids and 1 husband...pheww;)

My training pack came today too!:D:D:D So tomorrow will go on line and book travellodge, was going to book hotel near the train station, but travellodge cheaper. I've read most of the literature, and noticed the agenda for the day includes lots of coffee breaks, might need them if going gets tough!

Tracey
x

14th June

Just noticed on my last post put 13th February:confused: Not sure why I'd have done that:confused: Must be the excitement of oncoming training day:)

I found out what the smell was! Another warm day here (until about 5.00 and BBQ was lit, then it poured down and hasn't stopped:sigh:) This morning the smell hit me again, so got kids sorted for school, did the school run and straight home for another investigation. I found it...a dead mouse:eek::eek::eek::eek:, tucked under one of my kitchen cabinets, it hadn't been residing with us as there were no droppings, so am presuming one of my cats hid it there:( The stench when I picked it up!!!!!!!!!:sign0137:

I've applied for a job:eek:! After thinking ok have some time to myself, it lasted 3 days!!!!!! Job is only tiny one though, part time post office counter assistant, 10 hours per week, which I presume is over 2 days.

Had my weigh in today and have lost 3 lbs. That is 4 stone in total, and officially the slimmest I have ever been!!!!!!!! I hadn't planned to lose any more weight, so as of today I am upping my food intake again! The last thing I want to be is boney and gaunt. It is so difficult getting the balance right. I think maybe I haven't had enough food as part of me is scared to gain any weight. It's definately trial and error getting this eating thing under control!

My Dad phoned me today, and we had a very emotional chat, he told me how he'd always been so proud of me, both with my achievements and as a person and that he was so pleased that I seemed to finally be proud of myself.:cry:

After his call I sat and thought how I'd always felt inside...fat and second best. I was a chubby kid, slimmed out a bit in my teens, but not for long and as an adult have always been overweight. I was always so shocked when anyone asked me for a date, and always thought perhaps it may have been a for a bet etc. Appearance was very important to me, as it is for any young girl. I could never quite understand why people were attracted to me.

I decided as the house was all quiet, that I'd meditate on how I felt as a younger woman and child. I used to meditate every day before I had my 3rd child and haven't really done much in the last 9 years, the house is always so noisy or I've been at work etc. I replayed some 'fat incidents' through my mind and felt how I had then, I mentally put all these old feelings and memories in a suitcase and threw them out to sea. I found myself crying my eyes out afterwards:eek: but then felt like a huge load had been lifted. Anyone reading this will think I'm a loony, but it made me feel great and I intend to meditate again everyday, not just on old baggage, but just to clear my mind.

Crikey all getting a bit heavy, so on that note I'm off to watch a bit of BB and bring myself back down to earth:p

Tracey
x

13th February

Day started yet again with coffee and great company of friends:) It's lovely to catch up as some of my friends I don't get to see too regularly, I was going to say it would save my phone bills, but the price of coffee, plus coffee shop in town leads me to wander around shops afterwards spending more:sigh:. Scott will have me back in employment before I know it, if I don't watch out:eek:;)

even worse than the expense..do you think Scott could live with the knowledge that his wife ha beome a 'Lady who lunches' i think you needto get stuck into CD training ASAP

Lunchtime popped up to see my dear Dad, in the hope he'd be able to come over on Sunday for lunch as it's Father's Day. Sadly he can't make it, he plays the double bass in several jazz bands, and has a band commitment on Sunday. Good news was he checked his diary and has invited us to him on the 24th! Hey bonus, I get out of the cooking:cool:
..and you can tell them\all about the BIG DAY in Kettering!

Picked up Deven from school and took her to the local park, where some nasty boys were calling her 'fat devil' :mad:
one of the boys fell off a wooden climbing frame thingy. I sat with a smug grin on my face thinking karma always gets you in the end:eek: How horrid am I:eek:. Oh just Human!

I've been crawling around like a pig snuffling out truffles, and I can't find where it's coming from:confused:
Love the idead of you as a truffle hound! Doesn't quite match the size 10 jeans though!

My training pack came today too!:D:D:D So off to do your homework then! Tracey
x

mine came at lunchtime today. Not 2nd post, it'd just the time Tyrone gets to us. Yup our postie is really called Tyrone.

14th June

Just noticed on my last post put 13th February:confused: Not sure why I'd have done that:confused: Must be the excitement of oncoming training day:)

LOL - didn't notice, until you pointed it out of course :p

I found out what the smell was! Another warm day here (until about 5.00 and BBQ was lit, then it poured down and hasn't stopped:sigh:) This morning the smell hit me again, so got kids sorted for school, did the school run and straight home for another investigation. I found it...a dead mouse:eek::eek::eek::eek:, tucked under one of my kitchen cabinets, it hadn't been residing with us as there were no droppings, so am presuming one of my cats hid it there:( The stench when I picked it up!!!!!!!!!:sign0137:

Oh yuck - thank goodness you found it though.

I've applied for a job:eek:! After thinking ok have some time to myself, it lasted 3 days!!!!!! Job is only tiny one though, part time post office counter assistant, 10 hours per week, which I presume is over 2 days.

Sounds good, 10 hours will be nice & easy.

Had my weigh in today and have lost 3 lbs. That is 4 stone in total, and officially the slimmest I have ever been!!!!!!!! I hadn't planned to lose any more weight, so as of today I am upping my food intake again! The last thing I want to be is boney and gaunt. It is so difficult getting the balance right. I think maybe I haven't had enough food as part of me is scared to gain any weight. It's definately trial and error getting this eating thing under control!

It is trial & error, I did exactly the same as you after getting to my goal, I then lost a few more pounds and to my surprise heard myself say - I don't want to lose any more weight - never thought I'd say that, but you do need to have an upper and a lower limit on your weight and aim to stay in between the two. It does a bit of juggling and getting used to, but just continue to take it one day at a time, keep an eye on the scales so you can tweak it before it gets out of hand.

My Dad phoned me today, and we had a very emotional chat, he told me how he'd always been so proud of me, both with my achievements and as a person and that he was so pleased that I seemed to finally be proud of myself.:cry:

Aww that's lovely Tracey, and really great that your dad could tell you this, my dad's very "stiff upper lip" type and never talks about his feelings, which can be tough sometimes.

After his call I sat and thought how I'd always felt inside...fat and second best. I was a chubby kid, slimmed out a bit in my teens, but not for long and as an adult have always been overweight. I was always so shocked when anyone asked me for a date, and always thought perhaps it may have been a for a bet etc. Appearance was very important to me, as it is for any young girl. I could never quite understand why people were attracted to me.

I decided as the house was all quiet, that I'd meditate on how I felt as a younger woman and child. I used to meditate every day before I had my 3rd child and haven't really done much in the last 9 years, the house is always so noisy or I've been at work etc. I replayed some 'fat incidents' through my mind and felt how I had then, I mentally put all these old feelings and memories in a suitcase and threw them out to sea. I found myself crying my eyes out afterwards:eek: but then felt like a huge load had been lifted. Anyone reading this will think I'm a loony, but it made me feel great and I intend to meditate again everyday, not just on old baggage, but just to clear my mind.

Not a loony at all Tracey, I think it's very healthy and to have "thrown out" those feelings you've been dragging around with you for years is uplifting and a wonderful thing to do - good for you. I could do with some of that myself, never been able to meditate though, should really give it a go.

Crikey all getting a bit heavy, so on that note I'm off to watch a bit of BB and bring myself back down to earth:p

Tracey
x

Have a good day Tracey - I think the rain is finally easing here, thank goodness. :)
x

15th June

This morning I decided to try my pilates dvd that's been sitting gathering dust for a couple of months:rolleyes: My friend Liz came round to give it a go too. I did nothing but giggle! The dvd came with a band, a big length of thick elastic band stuff. Firstly I had mine to tight and didn't have a hold properly and it flicked into the back of Liz's head:eek: Then I could smell a strange odour, not again!!!! Was ok, just Liz's feet;) As my living room is quite small, we kept banging into each other, I got hit on the nose, which bought tears to my eyes. We then decided we'd had enough and sat in the garden with a coffee and a cigerette! Much more civilised, I didn't know pilates could be so painful;)

Lunchtime went to check out the train prices to Kettering for the training day. £54 which includes the tubes etc. Not too bad I thought, would probably cost me as much in petrol.

Went to my Dad's to highlight my sisters hair. It turned out really well and I spent ages drying and straightening it for her too. She was so pleased and wanted dad to take pictures of her at every step (especially when her hair was poking out of the cap:)! My sister is mentally handicapped and she wants to show the pictures to her friends at Gateway Club (a local club for people with disabilities).

Houseful again tonight. I came home from Dad's to find MTV blasting out of house, then had to clamber my way through to the kitchen over teenage girls, lounged all over the living room:) Still wasn't long before they all retired to Kim's bedroom to apply their war paint for a night on the town. The smell of perfume, deoderant and hairspray wafting down our stairs was smothering. I'll ask them round next time we get a dead mouse;)

Cameron's friend Jack is staying, but haven't seen much of them, only briefly after I'd prepared dinner and then to get a drink and wash before bed. Both had red bleary eyes from too much playstation!

Ate a bit more than usual today, and am planning to do so til next weigh day (Thursday). Hoping to stay the same weight next week.

Tracey
x

14th June

Well I' with M-D on most of her replies tothis post..even to the (embarrassing ) point of also having failed to notice the chronological inexactitude.
H's secretary typed up an invoice for £1000.00 instead of £100 recently. Luckily he spotted it bafore it went out!

Ah that smell know it well. warm sweet cloying nauseatibg & seems to follow you round the house.
Anecdote coming up.
When no1 was 7 I found a dead shrew outside the back door. It was perfect in every respect, with the cutest pointy snout, except of course for being dead. So no1 asked to take it to school to 'show'. We did that & it was a great success. Thought no more of it.
2 weeks later we went in on the Sat morning.Theschool wanted volunteer pupils to fill the classrooms while they had an 'open morning' ( you know the sort of thing, part PR & part recruitment drive. God knows I've bred as hard as I could to keep the school roll up.) As we entered her class room her teacher was explaining at length & with great embarrassment about the appalling smell. She'd had the carpet cleaned,the drains inspected & turned out the giant cupboard that the kids used as part store room opart wendy house.
Katy calmly walked over to her drawer,extracted the now liquified shrew still tightly wrapped in it's plastic bag, & calmly asked if this might have anything to do with it.

I never did find out if those particular parents decided to let little Johnny come to our school.

Ohh V responsible! & you'll meet everyone in the neighbour hood I reckon you'd have got bored going from proper-job to nowt. then as/whan CDC takes off you can rethink GPO. If CDC not to your liking theres still money coming in & something of you own outside the house.Both are v important.
there's a v famous study about depression in mothers of young kids.( done in inner cty lonon but assumed to apply nationwide.) the biggest protective factors, if I remember it correctly, were having a supportive partner & having some employment outside the home. At the time this put all the 'women's place in the home' Colonel Blimp types in a flat spin!....but I digress as they say....

Ah ( & I'm sure your brain has been saying the same) but beter you are over cautious now, than if you had put 3lb back on & lost confidence in your ability to maintain.
M-D is someone from whom I can learn a lot over the coming months.

Well done that DAD!

..but not now. you look at your family, friends & job(s), you see yoursefl in the mirror & without feeling smug you find there is definately enough to allow you to hold your head up & take pride in.

I think meditation is great & I canimagine you dong it.Don't feel embarrased!

Tracey
x
BB to me means Bed & Breakfast. Is there something going on that I've missed?

15th June

This morning I decided to try my pilates dvd that's been sitting gathering dust for a couple of months:rolleyes: My friend Liz came round to give it a go too. I did nothing but giggle! The dvd came with a band, a big length of thick elastic band stuff. Firstly I had mine to tight and didn't have a hold properly and it flicked into the back of Liz's head:eek: Then I could smell a strange odour, not again!!!! Was ok, just Liz's feet;) As my living room is quite small, we kept banging into each other, I got hit on the nose, which bought tears to my eyes. We then decided we'd had enough and sat in the garden with a coffee and a cigerette! Much more civilised, I didn't know pilates could be so painful;)

Was there a health warning on the box?

Lunchtime went to check out the train prices to Kettering for the training day. £54 which includes the tubes etc. Not too bad I thought, would probably cost me as much in petrol.

Excellent value. petrol would be at least that I reckon.Plus think how relaxed you'll be when you arrive having boned up on the paperwork on the way! Is Phyllis going by train with you?

Went to my Dad's to highlight my sisters hair. It turned out really well and I spent ages drying and straightening it for her too. She was so pleased and wanted dad to take pictures of her at every step (especially when her hair was poking out of the cap:)! My sister is mentally handicapped and she wants to show the pictures to her friends at Gateway Club (a local club for people with disabilities).
what a lovely older sister you are.
Is she v handicapped?

Houseful again tonight. I came home from Dad's to find MTV blasting out of house, then had to clamber my way through to the kitchen over teenage girls, lounged all over the living room:) Still wasn't long before they all retired to Kim's bedroom to apply their war paint for a night on the town. The smell of perfume, deoderant and hairspray wafting down our stairs was smothering. I'll ask them round next time we get a dead mouse;)
excellent idea..esp if you want them to go PDQ. My experience of modern teens is that they don't do death, smells,or anything that might get under teir finger nails.

Oh REMINDS ME...how did Nail-Exam go?

Cameron's friend Jack is staying, but haven't seen much of them, only briefly after I'd prepared dinner and then to get a drink and wash before bed. Both had red bleary eyes from too much playstation!
Bad Mummy!;)

Ate a bit more than usual today, and am planning to do so til next weigh day (Thursday). Hoping to stay the same weight next week.

Tracey
x

I bet you never thought you'd ever say or write that did you?

15th June

:rotflmao: i would love to have seen you both, sort of thing i would do

oh bet she looked lovely, having things done like that makes them feel so special and good about them selves... i can imagine how proud she will feel when she shows all her friends the pics

:giggle: sounds like my son`s eyes i`m always nagging him to have a break of the x box

Tracey
x

kaz :D

Hi Jane

Ah that smell know it well. warm sweet cloying nauseatibg & seems to follow you round the house.
Anecdote coming up.

When no1 was 7 I found a dead shrew outside the back door. It was perfect in every respect, with the cutest pointy snout, except of course for being dead. So no1 asked to take it to school to 'show'. We did that & it was a great success. Thought no more of it.
2 weeks later we went in on the Sat morning.Theschool wanted volunteer pupils to fill the classrooms while they had an 'open morning' ( you know the sort of thing, part PR & part recruitment drive. God knows I've bred as hard as I could to keep the school roll up.) As we entered her class room her teacher was explaining at length & with great embarrassment about the appalling smell. She'd had the carpet cleaned,the drains inspected & turned out the giant cupboard that the kids used as part store room opart wendy house.
Katy calmly walked over to her drawer,extracted the now liquified shrew still tightly wrapped in it's plastic bag, & calmly asked if this might have anything to do with it.

I never did find out if those particular parents decided to let little Johnny come to our school.

I love this story it's priceless!:D

Ohh V responsible! & you'll meet everyone in the neighbour hood I reckon you'd have got bored going from proper-job to nowt. then as/whan CDC takes off you can rethink GPO. If CDC not to your liking theres still money coming in & something of you own outside the house.Both are v important.
there's a v famous study about depression in mothers of young kids.( done in inner cty lonon but assumed to apply nationwide.) the biggest protective factors, if I remember it correctly, were having a supportive partner & having some employment outside the home. At the time this put all the 'women's place in the home' Colonel Blimp types in a flat spin!....but I digress as they say....

Depression in mothers study is very interesting. Personally, I love to work, it's always been important to me obviously for cash reasons, but even more so because when I'm at work I'm Tracey, not just mum or wife.

Ah ( & I'm sure your brain has been saying the same) but beter you are over cautious now, than if you had put 3lb back on & lost confidence in your ability to maintain.
M-D is someone from whom I can learn a lot over the coming months.

You and me both!!

Well done that DAD!

He's the best:D

I think meditation is great & I canimagine you dong it.Don't feel embarrased!

I suffered post natal depression with Cameron and had to have help with this. A friend of mine introduced me to meditation. At first I found it extremely difficult to do and went to a class once a week. That was the only night of the week that I could get a good nights sleep. Like anything the more you practise the better you get. I'm sure meditation was a key factor in my recovery from depression.

BBto me means Bed & Breakfast. Is there something going on that I've missed?

Big Brother. But you're not missing much! Scott hates it and I always say I watch it because it's an interesting experiment, throwing different characters in a house and seeing how they all cope. Really I just love it when they row!!

Quote:
Originally Posted

My sister had a bad ear infection when she was a year old and this lead to convulsions. The fits continued and Karen had to go to Guys regularly, she had medication to stop the fits, but was left brain damaged. It's hard to describe her handicap, she is 37 and in some ways she is a 37 year old woman, but in others she's mentally still a little girl. Her speech was badly affected and her coordination. The doctors weren't sure how she would develop mentally, but she can read and write and comprehends everything said to her. She wouldn't be able to work, but her week is made up of helping out at age concern and going to a local centre for the handicapped where she learns life skills etc. Karen lives independantly in a flat but has carers who go in to make sure she keeps herself and house clean etc. and to help her cook. Dad and I also keep our beady eyes on her! If she didn't have supervision, she wouldn't think for herself. She has a boyfriend who she's been with for 15 years who is also mentally handicapped, at weekends they go to pub, cinema etc. We've tried to provide her with a fuller life as possible and she is a happy lovely sister.

Tracey
x

Hi Kaz

Thanks for adding to my diary!:)

The pilates episode was funny, I think I'll do it alone from now on though!

What is it with boys and their playstations:confused: Lovely day, sun shining and Camerons tucked in his room, blackout blind down so sun dosent shine on his tv screen!!:sigh:

Tracey
x

Back