Green Days New member "HI"

soapyliz

:) Hi everyone. I joined this forum today and am hoping to get some help and support as I do the Slimming World healthy eating plan. I started in March and have almost lost a stone. But it's been 'slow going', losing approximately 1 or 1 & 1/2 lbs a week, or maintaining, but I'd like to lose more each week really. As I don't eat meat I am on Green days all the time.

I look forward to sharing tips with you and sharing my progress.

All the best,

soapyliz x :)

HI soapyliz, I love green days too. I do eat meat however, so do red and green days. I dont do ee as not keen on many veg, but love fruit. I got to target in July after losing nearly 2.5stone and still remain at target. You will do well if you stick to it and I was a slow loser but never quit, just plodded on and got there, you will too. This is a fab site and there is always someone on to help you. All the best :)

Welcome to the forum, as hollys nan said you'll find this a fantastic thread.

If you have any queries I'd do a search first, you can bet somebody at some point has asked the same question, otherwise just ask there is always somebody about wiling to help. And don't worry about the slow loss it took me ages to get to target but you will get there.

Hi - I only do Green days and am veggie.

1 to 1 and a half lbs per week is a good way to lose weight and an average loss and I am more than happy to see that every Friday. 1 lbs a week is 3 and a half stone a year.:eek:

Hello & welcome from another veggie. SW is such a good plan.

I do mainly green days too, the odd extra easy day if I'm eating out, and I've never done a red day.....I've lost nearly 2 and a half stone since January so green definitely works :)

Welcome to the forum hun :) Lot of luck for your SW journey xxx

I'm normally on extra easy but my weight loss has slowed right down, I joined in jan and have lost nearly 2 stone but I've swapped to red days this week to give mysel a boast and hopefully I will have a good loss on tues night :)

nothing tastes as good as being slim feels

Hi, i have been on green days for the last 2 weeks (that's when i started) and i lost 4lb in the first week!

I love my green days because im a carb junkie lol!!

Good luck, as others have said, 1 to 1 1/2 lb a week is really good and in the end you are more likely to keep the weight off!!

Anna x

I feel really stupid, but I wanted to ask experts...

I can't afford to join the groups but I am one determined lady, and I have asked my work to weigh me every Monday to keep me on track.

I have been lent the books, have read them over and over and I am truly confused.

I've been scanning the threads and I haven't yet found all the answers...and I don't have anyone to ask.
Here goes-
How come in the free foods it says I can have 'all bran' u cereal but then it says 4.5 in the synsection

If my plate is 1/3 free foods then what are the other 2/3 filled with? A or b or healthy extras or syns.... My mind boggled.

In the past I have lost a lot of weight on lighter life (4stone) and reached my goal, 2 yrs later in 2 stone up, tried WW, not one cheat and put on 3-5 lb a week!!!! I did the dukan and lost the 2 stone, and have re introduced fruit have now put it back on!!!!!

I go spinning 3 x weekly and body pump 1!!!

Please help

Thank you

Hi there I am weighing in tomorrow for my second week on SW and hoping for a good loss, I am doing the EE plan for the first 4 weeks then going to mix it up I think. I know this plan works for others so hoping it does for me ;)

Hi toothfairy. All bran has a syn value because you can have a certain amount once a day as your Healthy Extra but if you had later that day or a bigger portion you would need to syn it as you've had your HE portion. You should aim to fill your plate with 2/3 free foods and the 1/3 super free which is generally most fruit and veg that isn't too starchy. It does have a better list in the food optimising booklet

Basically you have your free and super free foods to use through out the day. Then you have the option of using your HEA and B but as I understand it they aren't a necessity I.e if you don't have one or both each day that's upto you. I rarely use them personally. Then after that you have 5-15syns left to use for whatever you please, again also optional. It's all just so you're doing things in moderation but don't feel like you're being deprived of anything

Thanks tooth fairy for asking the question and Jodie for answering, I too am confused by SW. I previously lost 4.5 stone on lighter life but sadly put some back on so after feeling pretty rubbish decided to do something about it! Unfortunately I am unable to do LL due to circumstances and so after talking to a friend thought I might try SW after all it's the only one I haven't tried!! My theory is that SW will hopefully re educate me when it comes to food! I'm looking forward to my first WI on Thursday but have to set myself up with realistic expectations because the weightless will be slower.

I'm trying to read as much as possible on here to keep me motivated, good luck fellow SW buddies.

Onwards and downwards xx

Jodie-D said:
Basically you have your free and super free foods to use through out the day. Then you have the option of using your HEA and B but as I understand it they aren't a necessity I.e if you don't have one or both each day that's upto you. I rarely use them personally. Then after that you have 5-15syns left to use for whatever you please, again also optional. It's all just so you're doing things in moderation but don't feel like you're being deprived of anything

I would be careful going down the route of thinking healthy extras and syns are optional- the plan consists of free food, healthy extras and syns and they all should be used in order to follow the plan correctly.
The healthy extras are there to ensure you are getting adequate fibre and calcium, both of which are important for healthy weight loss.
The syns are there to stop you feeling deprived, and again are an important part of the plan. Often people who don't use their syns thinking they will lose weight quicker will actually see slower results.
Also to the person who was confused, 1/3 superfree at each meal, the other 2/3 should be made up of free food but you can also use your healthy extras and syns as part of a meal, so if you do this they would be included as part of the remaining 2/3.
When snacking (if not using your healthy extras as snacks) you should always use superfree food first, then free, then syns. Hope this helps! X

Last edited:
Back