new member :) need some support :S

hunni17

hi im new to the site, basically i have 5 months to lose around 4 stone for my wedding, has any one got any really useful tips, i generally know a fair bit about carb free diets ...the only prob is i cant stick to them, i have really low will power but i am in desperate need of help. by the way im 22 and 280lbs (idealy would like to lose 60lbs but i no i have to realistic )
xXx

Welcome Hunni17. Congrats on the wedding. That is some challenge you have set yourself. Are you being realistic? I am doing Slimming World plan and have lost 20lbs in ten weeks. Others have lost more so I am sure that 3 stone is doable. Please don't set yourself up to fail. You will only feel miserable. Your wedding should be a happy occasion.

I think there is a brides thread on here somewhere. I am sure you will get some great support from others in the same boat. Good luck

well the thing is if i dont feel good in my wedding dress i wont get married, im not having my special day over hung by my body issues :( i think its do able i mean i would have to loose 3 pounds aweek i know it will be hard but i have got to try? im just hoping that through the support it will encourage me :)

hunni17 said:
well the thing is if i dont feel good in my wedding dress i wont get married, im not having my special day over hung by my body issues :( i think its do able i mean i would have to loose 3 pounds aweek i know it will be hard but i have got to try? im just hoping that through the support it will encourage me :)

That sounds a bit drastic to me. Surely it is a special day for more than just you? If you build this up and then don't lose the amount you have set yourself, you are going to hate yourself. Why not take it a week at a time? Please be happy each week that you have done your best. Good luck

i cant afford to do those diets :( i dont no what to do, there so many out there.... and ye its completely selfish but i dont want to look back at my photos and hate the day the way i hate myself right now, y should i spend my special day feeling awful?!?! i suffer from anxiety because of my weight and on ur big day every one is looking at u, i want to be able to feel proud not like i want to run back home and cry
xx

Hi Hunni17,

It is a tough goal you have set yourself. I lose around 3lb every wk but there was two wks that I only lost 1lb and the other a 1/2. It isn't realistic to put so much pressure on yourself. Why don't you try some exercise too, it will change your body shape and tone you up. I started doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and I have lost a few inches in 5 days already! Drink green tea, it speeds up your metabolism and eat strawberries, blackberries and melon as they do the same! Good luck on your journey!

Ye I was reading about that, I am aiming for 50lbs. I do exercise I generally try and keep busy. Ive gone on the atkins and lost 7lbs this week so atleast Im feeling positive at the mo

Good Luck and don't be too hard on yourself if you don't get to your goal by your wedding. You will start noticing a difference very quickly. I have only lost about 6lbs when I started to feel better and the clothes were looser.

i cant afford to do those diets :(

I'm not sure what your budget is, but I am currently doing a VLCD diet and it costs me £30 per week... I could easily spend more than that on a regular low calorie diet and a lot more when doing low carb (I used to spend about £50 - £70 a week doing Atkins).

Good luck

I only spend about £15 a week on atkins, get my eggs off my mum so keep 15 for cheeses meat and lil bit of veg and Thats it, lost 10lbs now :) x

I know that the low carb diets work, but generally on the principle that your body is in starvation mode, honestly from a scientific mind it makes sense but doesnt seem healthy, i am a slimming world member and i find that the support of the group each week is just as good as the diet you follow, if you want to keep on track perhaps consider joining a diet club? If you want any more info please ask me :)

Back