New member SW 1st timer

LouWheezy

Hi all, I have quite a bit to loose, but after one week on sw have lost 6lbs :) im doing the Extra Easy plan and finding it really easy to manage. Looking for a few buddies that might have as much to loose as me as 8st is quite daunting :raincloud:

Hi Lou, welcome to SW and well done on that fab loss this week, you're off to a great start. :)

8st can be very daunting, try imagining it as little manageable chunks instead, just think how much better you'll feel when you get your first half stone award (just 1lb to go!) 1st, 10%, getting under 20st, and so on. I've still got around 11.5st to lose so I'm breaking it down too, I've got loads of mini goals and I just focus on the next ones, not the much bigger number, it seems to be helping so far. :)

Have you done any other plans? Are you enjoying SW so far? x

Hiya us ive done WW, tesco diets, calorie counting, and had orlistat, trouble with them was I found myself obsessing with numbers and feeling guilty if I went over, I'm a comfort eater so when the guilt hit I would eat more and fall of the wagon, I'm hoping that this easier to follow plan that don't regiment calories and fat will work better for me. I understand I can't eat all day everyday on it but the 1/3 plate guides and things are a lot more friendly than having to weigh every piece of food I put in my mouth.
I suffer with pcos so have found it tough to loose weight and keep it off, back in 2009 I lost 5st but put it all back on, I'm 34 now and need fertility help to start a family so this is kind of a get ya backside in gear missus effort now before I'm too old. But I'll get there this time! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello Lou,

Ideally, I'd like to lose about 8 stone, but I'll be very happy with 6 or more. I did fine for my first week, then struggled for the next 2 weeks. I've now got my head around the plan and I'm making it work to suit my lifestyle, which is what I think is the great thing about SW. It allows you to be in control depending on your whole lifestyle and also what you're doing on a day to day basis. So weeks 4 and 5 have been much, much better, 3lbs last week and 2.5 today. Just another 2.5 and I'll have shifted a stone. Yay!

I'm glad you're liking SW and 6lbs is a great start! Let us know how you're doing.

Hi there :)
Yeah ive tried a few plans I did WW, tesco diets, calorie counting, slim fast and also orlistat but they never really worked for me I would get obsessed with numbers and guilt trip myself everytime i went over an allowance, so im finding this much better for me. I suffer from pcos so find keeping the weight off a challenge but I need help with fertility which has been withheld until I get my BMI down, and at 34 this is sort of 'get ya backside in gear missus' time and im hoping this time I can succeed, in fact I know I will! :)

Hi Lou,

I really hope SW works for you - sounds like such a positive start you much feel great :) - I started on Monday and am muddling my way through so far - I think the first weigh in will really help, as long as it goes down!

Your attitude is really inspiring to -you know you'll do it cause you've got something really huge to aim for - I hope it all works out for you :).

Hi there :)
Yeah ive tried a few plans I did WW, tesco diets, calorie counting, slim fast and also orlistat but they never really worked for me I would get obsessed with numbers and guilt trip myself everytime i went over an allowance, so im finding this much better for me. I suffer from pcos so find keeping the weight off a challenge but I need help with fertility which has been withheld until I get my BMI down, and at 34 this is sort of 'get ya backside in gear missus' time and im hoping this time I can succeed, in fact I know I will! :)

You've got a great reason to stick at this, of course you'll succeed! :) Have you started the process yet? What does your BMI have to be for them start treatment? x

You've got a great reason to stick at this, of course you'll succeed! :) Have you started the process yet? What does your BMI have to be for them start treatment? x

I was referred to the fertility place a few years back, then i was 23st 9 and had managed to get down to 17st 12, I thought i had done amazing but the guy i was seeing said it still wasnt good enough and to go away and loose another 2st, how I wish i would of just sucked it up back then and done that, but no i went home cried and ate, and ate and ate, and within a year I was back up to 21st, not long after that my husband 34 at the time suffered a heart attack which kick started the journey but other things happened and it didnt last long, I convinced myself for a while that I was happy being the size i was and that having a family didn't bother me, but as my weight went up over christmas and new year i started getting out of breathe, pain in my back and knees, ...and broody I was seeing babies everywhere, so here I am again!
I think I have to get my BMI to under 35 before they will help me, I think thats around 15st odd for me

Hi, I'm new to this site too, I started SW a few weeks ago and found that anything I googled that was SW related brought me here so I joined! I have 6 stone to lose to bring me into the healthy weight range for my height, I'm doing it now because I've never dieted before, ate and drank whatever I liked and as a result got bigger and bigger. Comfort eating is my biggest downfall. This last year it's down to too much wine and too many nuts!! I'm lucky enough to have three lovely children but I know my BMI was an issue in every pregnancy and was made to feel like a monster sometimes with all kinds of restrictions - you can't have a home birth/water birth/you must have these diabetes tests because of your BMI... Good luck to you, I'm weighing in tonight and hoping for my 1/2 stone award to give me a boost. Loving the plan though and definitely no going back now for me!! xx

Welcome! I'm back after a n illness but eager to get back on it, massive congratulations on your first week loss! Break your weight loss down into little targets and treat yourself to non food presents, I find that helps. Look up loads of slimming world recipes and keep it interesting.
im finally coming to terms with a slow weight loss is best, even though fast losses are so tempting, you only put weight on afterwards, I've ended putting more weight on than I've lost with quick fixes. At least you know that you can stick to this forever and not feel deprived, good luck with everything :)

Back