Claire.Bear

Hi All,

I hope I am doing this right :wave_cry:

I have been on diet number 4,000 (or at least it feels this way) for 3 weeks now and I have managed to lose 6lbs (2lbs per week).

I have been every weight you can imagine over the last 6 years. Since I was about 17 I was always around the 11 - 11.7 mark. In 2005 I lost quite a bit and at my lightest I was 9st 4lbs. How I manages it I will never know. ( I met my boyfriend that year so that could've had something to do with it). Over the next year or so we moved in together and I saw my weight creep up to 10st, then 11st and at my heaviest (November 2008) I was 13st 5lbs. I went on a diet then and managed to get down to around 10st 12lbs. However the weight has since crept back up and I hate it. I am a first class yo-yo dieter. :(

I am going on an amazing holiday next year and I don't want the day to come and I am still this size. 2 weddings have come and gone that I was supposed to have lost weight for.

I found this site by chance and I am hoping that I can find the motivation to carry on and not give up.

I am open to any tips and if I hear some success stories I am sure this will help me keep on track!

Thank you :)

Claire.Bear said:
Hi All,

I hope I am doing this right :wave_cry:

I have been on diet number 4,000 (or at least it feels this way) for 3 weeks now and I have managed to lose 6lbs (2lbs per week).

I have been every weight you can imagine over the last 6 years. Since I was about 17 I was always around the 11 - 11.7 mark. In 2005 I lost quite a bit and at my lightest I was 9st 4lbs. How I manages it I will never know. ( I met my boyfriend that year so that could've had something to do with it). Over the next year or so we moved in together and I saw my weight creep up to 10st, then 11st and at my heaviest (November 2008) I was 13st 5lbs. I went on a diet then and managed to get down to around 10st 12lbs. However the weight has since crept back up and I hate it. I am a first class yo-yo dieter. :(

I am going on an amazing holiday next year and I don't want the day to come and I am still this size. 2 weddings have come and gone that I was supposed to have lost weight for.

I found this site by chance and I am hoping that I can find the motivation to carry on and not give up.

I am open to any tips and if I hear some success stories I am sure this will help me keep on track!

Thank you :)

Hi I started weight watchers last Thursday.have been super good.finding it hard to rat all my points

hi hun welcome to minimins,have you decided which "diet" ur going to follow? i have also been on millions of diets over the years from the mars bar diet to the milk diet any thing that was meant to be a quick fix diet lol but decided to follow s/w, i have tried w/w, rosemary conley & calorie counting successfully but didn't want the hassle of having to count points, calories or grams of fat, i am only 1.5lb away from my target so for me it has worked. what ever plan u decide on i would advise starting a food diary on here then if u have a good loss you can look back on it and re-do that week or if ur stuck and not losing someone can look and offer some sound advice. good luck with ur weight loss journey xx

Hi

:welcome2:hunni you'll love it on here I too found it by accident while looking for a SW recipe online everyone is really pleasant and helpful if you don't understand something just post it on here and guaranteed someone will know the answer :D

Well done Valerie11 you've done fantastically well and you've even succeeded in getting it almost on your goal date :)

You sound very much like me! I decided to go on a diet for a fab holiday to Mexico and its all crept back on again but it's a great way to get motivated. I've started SW and find it the best thing for me. I just read every bodies stories on here and it keeps me going!! Good luck Hun and the how fab you'll look around the pool.., what's the point in going to an amazing place if ur gonna feel self conscious all the time!!!

Back