New & Need someone to talk to please?

Hey all,

I have been lurking for a couple of days as I would really like to try Xenical but am very torn as I still BF my daughter and it would mean giving it up :cry:

A brief history - I have PCOS and Underactive Thyroid and have always had a problem with my weight. I have recently managed to lose 21lbs following a low fat diet and exercising on the Wii Fit but then I plataeued (sp?) and just couldn`t shift any more :( This made me fed up and I gave up on the diet & exercise.

Thankfully I haven`t gained it back but I still have a LOT of weight to lose and have just discovered that I have mild hypertension which is being monitored (by the chemist as I had it checked there). I am going to get my cholesterol checked there too as it`s only £15 and you get the results within 15 mins - MUCH quicker and easier than having to faff about at the Drs I feel. I have a nasty feeling it will be bad and I am having to face facts that my weight may now be affecting my health.

I am trying to tell myself that the positives of giving up feeding my daughter are that a healthy mummy is better than a poorly one or none at all. It is still very upsetting for me though as she is my last baby :cry: I really wanted it to be her decision.

Like I said, I am desperately torn and worried that I may stop feeding and the pills might not help :(

Sorry this is such a "me me me" and "feeling sorry for myself" post, It`s just that I have no support from friends as they feel I shouldn`t take it and relish in telling me the horror stories! Though of the couple of friends who have taken them and had bad side affects, They had admitted to cheating and I suspect that is why.

My DH is supportive, And feels I have given my daughter a great start in life already (she is 3yrs 5 months) and that it is time I started looking after myself.

I hope to hear from and look forward to getting to know you and sharing our ups and downs :)

LiSe Xxx

Hiya Scared :) Hun you sound like a wee lost soul and I just want to give you a big hug (((((scared))))
I totally understand what you are saying about how you felt when you plateaued, BUT you must remember that even on Xenical there will be times when your weight will plateau too. Its your body's way of saying * wait on a damned minute, what are you doing to me??* Xenical is not a miracle slimming pill, it's an aid to slimming, you still have to do the hard work of losing the weight. And there will be times when it gets frustrating, just like if you were doing anything else to lose weight. I'm not saying this to be negative Scared, but I think you need to know that Xenical may help you, but then again it might not.
I too have PCOS and I know how hard that makes dieting. There is loads and loads of support here, and we will help you in anyway we can hun
xxxx

Hello Lise and welcome :D

I can understand your dilemma but you have given your baby the best start in life that you possibly could and i take my hat off to you! :)

Now its time for you.

Xenical is not a miracle tablet, i find that it is a deterrent, it stops me eating things that i shouldn't because i don't want the side effects.... and so far so good! lol

The only way you will know if it will work for you is to try it, i really hope that you do and that it works for you.

Please keep posting as we would love to know how you get on, there's a really lovely group of people on here all ready to give support, so use us!! lol

Jax

ive tried lots of things to lose weight theyved eorked in the short term but i dont have the willpower to keep them up thats why im having wls. i tried zenacol but it was not for me i didnt like it but it might be wat does it for you its all trial and error i tried phase 2 tablets and for a while the wegight droped of very easily dut again i was my own worst enemy and it all came back this is my last hope i hope you have more sucses than me and everything goes great

Thanks for the hugs Ali, They are much appreciated!!

I totally understand that Xenical isn`t a miracle pill, I think that is why some people fail as they think they can still continue to eat junk and "pop a pill".
I am encouraged that IF I managed to lose weight on it, That it would stay off as I haven`t gained any of the 21lbs lost (yet).

You have done AMAZINGLY with your weight loss!! Especially with the PCOS - It makes it so hard doesn`t it?

Take care,

LiSe Xxx

Hi Jax,

Thankyou for the lovely welcome x

I know that you`re right, But I am still struggling to take that step :( It would all be so simple if my daughter had finished feeding, I would be down the Drs like a shot lol

I am about 60/40 FOR it ...Meh... I dunno! :confused:

Well done on your 12lb loss, Heres to many more dropping off! :D x

Hi Kat,

I think sometimes we all "yo-yo" diet until our heads are truly in the right place and we can stick to it.

I wish you every success this time, Am always around if you need someone to talk to x

thanks scared this is my last hope i cantsee how i can fail on this but if i dont manage to lose it and keep it of well ill surender to nature and stay fat cause i dont know wat else to do ,i supose i could always get the bacon slicer out lol

LOL @ the bacon slicer ;)

Tbh, If this doesn`t work for me, I will be considering a TT for my hideous tummy! With that gone I would be half the size I am now.

Hope u have a good weekend xXxxx

Back