New on This Site

JenniferCarter

Hi Everyone!

I am new on here and ANY advice you can give me would be helpful please! I lost a lot of weight a few years ago but have now put it back on :-(. My lifestyle is not very active as the people in my life would rather sit around and eat ice cream at night versus do something active..makes things hard. I really do have a strong desire to lose the weight but I feel alone in the process. I have no family in the area other than my two amazing little boys and it seems like I spend time doing everything for them and others in my life and not much to help myself. I love doing everything for my boys but I have become rather sad and it is getting harder and harder to smile... Does anyone feel this way? Anyone have advice on where to start? What is a good diet plan?

HELP ME PLEASE :)

Thank you for listening to me...Jenn

Hi jennifer welcome to minimins. I have tried many diets and lost weight and gained weight as many have. I lost 4 st over the past 8 years. Put about 2 back on and need to get rid of a few more lol i think you should find out what is best for you and your lifestyle. I dont have family near me either as i moved away from home 3 yrs ago. Its sometimes hard to get the motivation to loose weight , i have it one min then gone the next. I get frustrated and angry and sad too, so your not alone. Theres lots of us out there just like you. This sites good for support and the posts are really inspiring to read. You have to try and find one which suits you and include the boys aswell. Im sure they would love some of the foods you can make. Plus its healthy for them with all the fresh veg and fruit you can have on most diets:) i do slimming world and it suits me great. All you can do is try and see which one suits you and good luck :) have a great xmas with your sons x

Hi Jenn.... I'm a newbie too. You sound like me, feelings of hopelessness as there seems to be no one around to help. I smile in front of people, but it's not real most times. I also had lost a lot of weight, and gained it all back. Could kick myself, but it is what it is, all I can do is try again. I also have two boys that was my whole life for many years... Now that they are grown, they don't need me. I just don't feel like I have a purpose, if I'm not mom, what am I to do with my time.... eat?? Sounds like you and your family are younger than I. I figure we're in the same boat, so to speak, so if you need a buddy, I'll be happy to help any way I can. I don't plan on starting my diet or "life style change" until the 2nd of January. I'm not going to stress myself out worrying about that until after the Christmas season. That way I can concentrate on ME! I owe it to myself to be the best me I can be... So do you :)

Back