New start new me and a diary to keep it up!

Hey hun!

We live in Reepham , near Cherry Willingham, how about you?

We just moved here in March from Newcastle as my boyfriend got a job at the police station in Nettleham.

I know what you mean about this being sometimes hard, sometimes easy. Especially if you are doing it on your own. If you fancy becoming exercise pals or anything let me know and we can sort something out!

How are you doing this week? I have WI on Thursday could really do with loosing something as its going sooo slow!!

Anyway hope your good :)

Claire xx

Hi hun im at dunholme so not that far from you! Oh defo exersice buddys/diet buddys lol. Its weigh in tonight im hoping for a small loss as i did have a bbq and newyork cheesecake at the weekend! I moved here from stoke-on-trent 5 years ago, its a lovely place and although i miss my friends i dont think id move back now! Do you work? I am back at work properly on the 2nd august after nearly a year off on maternity leave :-/. I wish i didnt have to but needs must lol
Emx

Wednesday 14th July

Hello (if anyone!) who is reading!

I'm feeling much better today, WI tomorrow, nearly the weekend and my parents and sister are visiting :D

So today's menu was:

Breakfast-
Bacon (fat trimmed off)
Scrambled egg
1 slice ww bread toasted in pan (2.5 Syn)

Banana

Lunch-
2 slices ww bread (HEB)
Ham
Extra low fat mayo (1 Syn)
Muller light
Apple

Snack - Low fat alpen bar (3 Syn)

Tea-
Risotto! First time I have ever made it, and it was nearly a success! (total 3.0 Syn)

It had tiny dribble of oil (0.5 syn per portion) onion, chicken, garlic, matthieson sausage (1.5 Syn)
(Its 7 Syns for half the sausage, and I put about a quarter in, and we shared the risotto and there is still a portion left so about 1.5 Syn per portion) Chicken stock, salt and pepper and then towards the end I stirred in 2 extra light laughing cow triangle (1 Syn for portion). I sprinkled a little cheese on the top (HEA).

Later I think I will have a cup of tea and some mikado 1.5 syns for the milk and 4 syns for 8 mikado :D nom!

Total Syns for the day: 15 Syns

I have used all my syns the last couple of days, but they are there to be used! Next week I have my parents here so I am going to try and stick to slimming world 100% I have planned what I am going to cook- all SW friendly!

So fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

Claire

Thursday 15th July

Hey everyone,

WI today and lost 1lb, was a bit disappointed but i know its better than not loosing- just wish I could lose more than 1lb a week!

Anyway, sister and parents visiting Sunday - Thursday so It will be a test to see if I lose anything this week!

Food for today:

Breakfast
2 ww bread (HEB)
Beans
Extra low fat marg (2 Syn)

Bananna

Lunch
Left over risotto from last night (2.5 Syn)
Muller light

Tea:
Chicken breast
Slimming world chips
salad
Low fat mayo (1 syn)
White bread roll (6 Syn!) Naughty but wanted a chip and chicken butty! YUM!

Total syns 11.5

Might have something later for supper- have to see how I feel!

Thinking of trying some red days this week- going to dig the book out and see what it involves!!

x

Friday 16th July

Hey everyone,

My sister is coming to stay today! yey! She is on slimming world so looking forward to sharing some ideas and things with her. We have all our tea's planned out and an asda shop on the way :D. I've ordered lots of fruit, apples, banana's, strawberries, pineapple, some asda chickpea dahl that i have heard loads about on here, lots of tasty salad so hopefully we can have a good week!!

Had a big tasty breakfast today:
Bacon fried in fry light
Scrambled egg
Beans
1 piece ww bread (is it cheating if I toast this in the pan with the fry light and bacon?) (2.5 Syn)

For lunch I have:
Ham sandwich (HEB for bread- w slices ww bread)
Low fat mayo (1 Syn)
Banana
Muller light
Low fat alpen bar for afternoon snack! (3 Syn)

Will update with dinner later :)

Update:

Hunters chicken- chicken, syn free bbq sauce, bacon and little melted cheese- ~(HEA) yum!
Slimming world chips
Salad
Low fat mayo ~(1 syn)
2 slices tomato and cheese focattia bread (no idea how many syns going to allocated 10!)

6 mikado- (3 syn)

Total syns for the day: 19.5 ( few over- but better than a takeaway which is usually would have been!)

Have a great day everyone!!

Claire :cool:

Last edited:
That poem is awesome! I may have to print it out and stick it on my fridge or something ;)

You're doing well. It's always disappointing when you don't lose as much as you were hoping for, but it's still a loss!
DO you do any exercise? When I started I used to just go for walks and stuff and it really helped.

Best wishes.

Hey hun! How did the hair go? saved?

I am going to start exercising tomorrow actually- I am doing the 10k race for life in October so need to start training. My sister is visiting this weekend (shes on SW too) and is also doing the 10k with me so we are going to do our first little run together in the morning!

I am hoping that will spur me on to carry on- its always getting started thats the hardest. Also I am planning on getting out on the bike a lot more, and have also decided when I hit 1 stone loss I am going to buy a wii fit as everyone on here says they are so good.!

So I am hoping that like you say this will kick start the loss!

I'm glad you like the poem- I like to write poetry!

Talking of chocolate cake- I am making one this weekend with my sister, we are going to try the flourless one I found a recipie on here. Nommy nom!

Any nice plans for the weekend?

Claire

Ooo, race, that's brave. Good luck with the training.

Lemme know how the cake goes, I may have to hunt down the recipe...mmmm cake, lol.

Yeh everyone raves about the wii fit, sounds like a good reward. I have slightly more limited funds so I'm going to buy myself some new makeup, lol.

Best wishes.

Hey everyone!

Pink- the cake is looking food just took it out the over- letting it cool and will take some photos once we have dressed it up in strawberries!

Training this morning was OK, we did 4.5 miles and walked it, my sis has more weight to lose than me so she wasn't keen on the running so going to try and do a run through the week and see how I get on on my own, but it was a start!

Food diary for today so far

Banana

2 WW bread (HEB)
Low fat marg (2 syn)
2.5 Low fat sausages (4 Syn)
Bacon
Beans
Scrambled eggs

Tea is going to be:

Marinated meats (steak and chicken) oil used (1 Syn)
Big salad of lettuce, toms, cucumber, spring onions.
Chips (1.5 Syn)
Low fat May (1 Syn)
White roll- (6 Syn)

Some of our slimming word cake (1 Syn)- has two bites it was NASTY!!

4 Mikado- (2 Syn)

Total Syns for the day: 18.5

Exercise: 4.5 mile power walk- approx 500 calories burned

Hope everyone is having a great day! x

Last edited:
SO disappointed!! Boooooooo!!!

20100717170758smaller.jpg

This is the cake we make this afternoon- It looked so nice and we were so excited and it was............ NASTY! :sigh:

We put less sweetener in than it stated and it was really not very nice, all I could taste was that nasty sweetener taste. The texture of the sponge was not too bad, but the quark and sweetener mix was not very nice- I have not had quark before so maybe it was that that I didn't like.

Really disappointed gone straight in the bin lol! Looked so nice too.
More annoyed that I wasted 6 eggs and lots of lovely fruit. Ah well suppose you don't know these things unless you try do you!

Going to try it again maybe but tweak the recipie- use much less sweetener and maybe some honey instead for a more natural sweet taste.

Anyway thought I would let you all know, this recipe is not nice!

No cake for me :( :mad:

New week, lets try and stick to plan!!

Hey everyone, Monday again, and half way through my SW week- weekend did not go as badly as I thought- managed to stay on plan with the family here, went over a little on syns but not a massive blow out so :D

Didn't do menu yesterday so here it is:

Breakfast
3 slices ww danish bread (HEB)
Beans
Poached egg
Low fat marg (2 syns)

Sugar in tea: (2 syns)

Lunch:

Low fat supernoodles
Ham
2 extra light laughing cow trianges (HEA)

6 Mikado (3 Syn)

Tea:
Roast chicken
Roast potatoes ( 3 Syn)
Carrots
Brocolli
Spinach
Sweetcorn
Gravy (2.5 Syn)

Supper: Chocolate biscuit (6 Syn)

Total Syn for day: 18.5

So a little over again, but I am not too concerned as I am not blowing out and being really naughty. Will stay under today though!!

Menu for today is looking like this: Monday 19th July :

Brekkie:

3 Slices ww danish bread (HEB)
Banana
Marg (4 syns- run out of low fat :eek:)

Lunch:
Chicken salad
Muller light
Apple
Banana

Small home made Cornish pasty by my dad- (10 Syn?)

Tea is going to be :

Ham salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, new potatoes, boiled eggs
Low fat mayo (1 Syn)

Total Syn: 16

Have a great day everyone :)

Last edited:
Hey there :)
Just found your diary and thought I'd say hi! I can identify with what you've written about wanting to lose the weight to feel better about yourself. I wish I'd done it when I was younger, but was in my early twenties when I finally decided I'd had enough of my nearly 20 stone frame (eek). I'm 30 now, and still on my journey, but well on the way :)
SW is more of a lifestyle change but I think it's fantastic because it is something that we can maintain for life, rather than starving and bingeing which many of us have done before :(
I also hear what you say about your boyfriend. My fiance tells me he loves me whatever - just wish I could really understand why, lol.
Loads of luck for your slimming journey, and I'll be lurking on here ,if you don't mind, for some more inspiration x

Hi Giblet :)

Thanks for the nice post- Its nice to know someone is reading :)

I was just having this conversation yesturday with my sister- that SW is for me anyway more of a lifestlye change not just a diet- I am not being 100% strict with myself every single day as I can't do that for the rest of my life- Maybe thats why the weight is coming off slowely- but I would rather that than the many times before when you go all out and then just pile it straight back on when you come off the diet! I don't think SW is something you really come off is it- because it becomes part of your life!

I don't go to a class so I find this place great as I can talk to people and get motivation and encouragement. Everyone is so lovely and in the same boat so understands what you are going through.

Its funny how your emotions play with you isn't it! Its nice to know someone understands where I am coming from. :)

Do you keep a diary at all? You have done amazingly 100lbs!! Fantastic- your a real inspiration- I hope you have treated yourself to something nice for hitting the 100 mark!

Lurk away :) Its nice to know someone is reading :)

Claire x

Hey :)
I don't keep an online diary because I know I couldn't keep up to date with it. Life can be very hectic. I love checking on here as much as I can though because the support is brilliant and everyone is lovely. I do love my group as well (I'm now the weigh in lady, hurrah).
I totally agree with you that there's no point in being 100% if you're likely to throw in the towel. So far, I've had a good week but the chinese buffet is calling for our joint stag and hen do in 2wks and I will thoroughly enjoy it, lol.
Have a great evening x

Tuesday 20th July

Another day! Hey to anyone reading!

Well yesturday started off reasonably well! The cornish pasty was maybe a little naughty- but home made and small so stuck within the syns. I think it might have the gigantic piece of cheesecake that I scoffed for pudding that MAY have been a problem! hehe oops :eek:.

So onwards and downwards anyway- can't change it so just going to move on from it!

Today menu has been:

3 chipolata sausage (4.5 Syn)- Parents fault, they are visiting and always bring the entire contents of their fridge as things need 'using up'!
Beans
1 slice ww danish bread- (HEB)
Low fat marg (1 syn)

Snack: Banana

Lunch:
Ham
2 slice ww danish bread (HEB)
Lettuce and tomato
Muller light
Apple

Tea is going to be:

Fish (8 Syn)- Had a Syn free roasted turkey breast instead :D- 0 syn!
Chips (3 Syn)
Salad

Projected syns: 9.5

As much as I love my parents looking forward to getting back on plan! My mum has bought a giant tin of various chocolate lovely things (dads special choccy tin- bless!) and it is perched on the top shelf of my fridge so everytime I look in the fridge the Nommy biscuits are calling me!

Looking forward to having a stonking week next week and seeing if Its actually possible for me to lose more than a pound a week! Think I might try a green week!

Hope your all having fabulous slimming world days!

Claire x

Snack: Third of a tin of syn free asda chickpea dahl! How tasty!!

Last edited:
Mmm...chickpea dahl, lol.
Sounds like you're doing really well with a lot of temptation!
Hope you're having a great day despite the rubbish weather x

Hey hun,

yeah the chick pea dahl is a find! Lol heard lots of people go on about it here- got the rest tomorrow for work with a sliced turkey breast in- not sure whether to add some rice- or too many carbs- I know its all syn free but.. hmmm!

I have done ok with the temptation- only two bad things have been a chocolate biscuit and the cheesecake lol!

You can't fault my dedication today- i wasn;t paying attention at work and ended up eating the sticker on my apple!!

Hows your week going- good, bad or otherwise! Weathers been quite nice here, quite stuffy though and loads of them horrible tiny black flies about!

Hope your having a good day :)

Claire

Eating the sticker on your apple had to be the high point of your day lol.
Aw, it's not easy with the bikkies, parents are always tricky like that arent they, with all of their tasty treats, lol.
Hope that your week goes well :)

LOL - that made me chuckle. Poor you. I wonder if you should syn it ;)
Well I'm quite pleased with my week but the scales will tell on Thursday....been doing a superfree (10 per day) challenge and I've not gone off plan at all (yes really!) I think the 5 weeks to the wedding might be upping my motivation, lol.
Weather here has been horrific - torrential rain almost all day. Plus we think we had a little Earthquake coz loads of stuff in the kitchen and bathroom was all over the floor. Heavy stuff it was too. Either that, or my way of tidying "piling things on top of each other" finally came a cropper.
Who knows, lol.
Have a great evening hon and keep up the good work - we'll get there.
Y x

Back