New start new me and a diary to keep it up!

Hey everyone :)

Hey Pink- yeah the sticker incident was the highlight of my day lol- although not the tastiest! How you doing- hope the temptation in Devon isn't too bad- my parents are visiting this week and they made me (cough) eat cheesecake :eek:

Giblet- the thought of syn-ing the sticker did cross my mind- surely paper is a carb- so if I don't lose this week I am wholey blaming the sticker!

Anyway to todays food. I had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and its looks like I have STS which is really annoying as I have only gone over on Syns 2 days :( and not even by a lot apart from the cheesecake incident. Apart from that I have religiously drunk my 2.5 litres of water a day, and eaten lots of salad- had little portions or carbs AND ITS NOT WORKING :cry:

So next week I am having a vegetarian week I think- just going to have a little fish as I can't afford a full fishy week :(

So food for today:

Breakfast
HEA: Milk
3 ww danish bread (HEA)
Banana
Low fat marg (2 Syn)

Lunch:

Chickpea dahl with roasted turkey breast
Fruit salad- Pineapple, strawberry, apple topped with a zero shape yogurt.

Tea:
Chicken stirfry- green beans, onions, peppers, courgette, carrot, sweetcorn.
Chow mein sauce- 3 Syn
Noodles-2.5 Syn
Oil- 1 Syn

(My mum cooked this and its between 4 so I am overestimating a little but better safe than sorry!)

6 Mikado (3 Syn)

Total syns :11.5

Claire :)

Last edited:
Sorry you're feeling frustrated with the scales, but even from one day to the next they can fluctuate wildly (I once changed nearly a stone from one evening to the next...) Hang in there - you can do it!
Hope you've had a good day x

Hi everyone,

Giblet- yes am getting annoyed with the scales but I suppose as long as they are going down thats all that matters!

Lost a pound this week thought so better than nothing!

Have a great day

Claire xx

Thursday food diary

Hey everyone-

Right food for today and parents have departed so no more naughties looking at me in the fridge!

Breakfast:
Bacon- fat trimmed fried in fry light
Scrambled egg
1 slice ww danish bread (part HEB)

Snack: Banana
Lunch: Batchelors pasta in sauce (1 Syn)
Pineapple

Tea: Not 100% sure yet! Have no shopping in so might be fish and chips (out of a box not the chippy!) Will update later with decision.

Syns so far- 1!

I am DETERMINED to have a good week this week and shift more than a pound! I want my stone and a half shiny by the end of August please mr shiny god person!

Claire x

Oh also little story for you- my kitty cat Onnie (we call him bear) I think he is trying to do slimming world too. He needs to lose a few pounds and I found him in the garden yesturday nomming on an apple from the tree- (they are little sour ones) and he was all frothy and white at the mouth bless him- STUPID KITTY! Looked like he had rabies!

Bess him- he's lush though.

Last edited:
Hello again!

So tea ended up being

Chicken Kiev (8.5 Sys)
Chips (2.5 syns)
Tomato Ketchup (1 syn)

I was so tired as did a long day at work today, and we didn't have anything in the fridge as we are skint until pay day so something out the freezer had to do!

Although still within my syns :)

Total for the day:13

I am really pleased with myself- tomorrow I am going out for lunch with work to a pub, already decided going to have a jacket potato or something as healthy as possible from menu, then we are going on a ghost walk tomorrow night after work. Have decided to drive and then I can stick to diet coke which is syn free yey! Also no syns wasted on drinks then! and money saved that we don't have yey! lol

So pleased I have a plan and I am going to stick to it :)

Claire xx

Aww...poor kitty :( no reason why SW can't be great for cats too - they could do a fishy week :)
Well done on the pound! It's def in the right direction. i was a lucky girl and got 3.5 this week. Really happy. I think it was the 10 portions of superfree per day - I was too full to eat any syns most days! A freddo is calling me now though. Hope you have a great rest of your evening and enjoy lunch out tomorrow x

Friday 23rd July

Hello!

Right well I managed with the 'lunch out' at work. Although no jacket potatoes- went with the best thing I could ham, egg and chips!

So food for today:- EE as always!

Breakfast:
Beans
2 Wholemeal bread (HEB) + 3 syns as normal pieces of bread
Low fat marg (2syns)

Snack: Banana

Lunch:
Ham (it was really lovely thick cut ham too- yum!)
2 fried eggs (going to allow 3 syns for this as fried in oil?- that enough?)
Small portion chips- (got the meal from the light bites instead of main meals)- 8 Syns enough do you think?
Tomato ketchup- (2 Syns)

Going out tonight aswell for a ghost hunt, so going to stick to diet cokes and before I go am planning on having

Tea:
Low fat supernoodles (0 syn)

Total Syns- 18. (Hopefully I have over-estimated a little on the lunch but going to stick with 18!

So could have been a lot worse really- could of had the cheese burger I was going to have! Lol.

I am going to do 2 red days and a green day next week- I have sat and planned all my meals for the whole week so hopefully not only will I stick to it, it will help me be more prepared as I know what I am cooking.

Hope it works! Would really like 2 lbs this week :worthy: pppleeeaaasssseee!!

Claire x

I'm very impressed you're going to have diet coke - I think I'd need at least a bottle of wine because I'd be scared, lol. Hope it's fun x

Saturday 24th July

Hey everyone! and giblet as I know you read :wavey:

So food for today:

Breakfast:
Bacon
2 slices ww danish bread (HEB)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:
Omlette- eggs, ham, onion, spring onion, tomato, little bit of corned beef (2 syn) and cheese (HEA) we made one and shared.
Salad with extra low fat mayo (1 syn)
Fresh pineapple

Little bit of roast chicken with skin on :eek: (2 syn)

Tea:

Chicken pasta bake- made with onion, courgette, peppers, pasta, garlic, passata and some cheese (6 syns)

Total syns: 12

Have a great day everyone!! xx

Sunday 25th July

Hello!

Well this is our first weekend in a while without visitors so its been nice to have some time to ourselves and also not have food temptations!

I had 8 Mikado yesterday night so went over 2 syn- but to be honest think I didn't have anywhere near 6 syns of cheese as it was a tiny sprinkle. So not going to worry about it :D

Food today:

Breakfast-
Bacon
Scrambled egg
2 weight watchers danish bread (HEB)
Little oil used (2 syn)

Lunch
Left over chicken and pasta- onion, courgette, peppers, passata, pasta and chicken.
Muller light

Tea is going to be

Roast pork
Slimming world chips
Carrots
Gravy

I am doing a pork joint and although will try and not eat any fat am going to allow 10 syns for the pork and a little gravy.- Update: The pork was actually more or less fat free and I only had a tiny piece of crackling, looked on SW website and it says 7 syns so 28g so I am going to syn 7 as didn't have gravy either!! Did have some ketchup though (2 syn)

Also had 10 Mikado - oops - 5 syn.

Total syns for day: 16

Meal plan is working well do I think I am gong to do another for next week- not only do we no longer have the 'what shall we eat for tea' conversation which sometimes ends up in takeaway. I know what I have to cook, can prepare it in advance if I can and also saving pennies using up things we have! YEY! :D

Last edited:
Monday 26th First RED DAY!!

Morning everyone :wavey:

Well I am trying a red day today- I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and was 2lbs lighter than Thursday so PPPLLLLEEEASSSEEE stay off weight as I haven't lost more than a pound a week in ages lol!

So menu for today is: (please if you can see anything wrong shout as have never done red days!)

Breakfast:
1 piece ww danish bread (part of HEB1)
Banana
ELF marg (1 syn)

Lunch:
2 slices ww danish bread (rest of HEB1)
roast chicken
ELF mayo (1 syn)
Tomato and cucumber
Apple
Muller light
pineapple

Possible snack: Light alpen bar (3 syn)

Tea is going to be:
Turkey breast with bacon, syn free bbq sauce and cheese (HEA)
Few mcains chips (7 syns)
Stir fry veg- carrot, peppers, onion, courgette.

Total Syns:12

Does this look right for a red day?

Hope so!!

Hugs for everyone!

Hmm because I had normal chips and not slimming world chips I synned them so it means I have a HEB to use. Any ideas?!

Claire x

Last edited:
Tuesday 27th July

Morning whoever (if anyone!) reading!

Well I need to add on 5 syns to yesterday as had a bit of a Mikado attack- oops. So total syns for yesterday was 17. I enjoyed doing a red day so will be doing more of them.

Anyway food for today: Doing EE today

Breakfast:
1 slice bacon
scrambled egg
beans
2 slices ww bread (HEB)
Low fat spread- (2 syn)

Cup of coffee- milk from (HEA)

Lunch: - I'm excited for lunch today!
Small amount roast chicken
Half can of chickpea dhal
Portion of stir fry veggies left over from last night

Muller light
Banana/apple

Snack if I get Hungary: Low fat alpen bar (3 syn)

Tea:
Turkey stir fry, peppers, courgettes,onion, sweetcorn,rice
Stir fry sauce- (5 syns)

Supper
cup of tea- milk from HEA and some mikado (4 syns)

Total estimated syns: 12

Looking forward to weigh in on Thursday as think I am going to have lost- had a sneaky peak at scales :D

Also, I ordered some holidays clothes from the matalan sale- I ordered all of them in a size 16 so I have to make sure I lose enough for holiday to get into them nicely. Dangerous game I know but we don't go until October and last year I couldn't get anything as all shop had winter clothes in. I got a nice blue knee length skirt, 2 t-shirts, a pretty cami, and also got a pair of sandels and a lovely kaftan in the Evans sale reduced from £27 to £8! BARGAIN! :D

Hope everyone has a great day

Claire x

Hi Claire your diary has inspired me, your doing so well I've take some ideas from your diarys. How much have you lost? I just got my first stone award tonight at group this is the 1st time I've managed to stock with it. It's taken 7 wks to lose a stone. Would you like to be a diet buddy? Can keep eachother going and share ideas I'm 26 and got alot more to lose! X

Hayley

Hey Claire - diary looks good! I do like EE days, but find having an extra A and B on a red day so much easier sometimes (especially as OH likes cereal for brekkie and bread for lunch!)
Hi Harrysmum - well done on your loss so far! Hope you're still enjoying it? Happy Tuesday to you both :) x

Ps your new clothes sounds nice, that's good to buy them abit smaller gives you something to aim for! And keep you on track x

Hey Harrysmum! and Giblet! :wavey:

Thank you for the nice comments, I've lost 9lbs so far but weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
I don't go to group and seem to be a slow looser :( but as long as its coming off I am happy- and I am seeing a difference in my clothes even if the scales aren't showing it!.

I would love you to be your buddy Harrysmum!! :clap: As I don't go to class this is the only place I really get any support. I have buddied up with another girl called Emma too and we are going to start a mini challenge from today if you want to join us? We are aiming for 6 weeks by the end of August.

What day do you weigh in? You have done brilliantly to lost a stone in 7 weeks! Well done you! :talk017:

Do you keep a diary? I find it helpful and also if I cheat I feel accountable for it I have somewhere to own up!!

Will be back in a bit with food for today! Have a great day xxx

Hi the challenge sounds good I'm up for that!! Wat does 6 weeks by end of august mean tho? Mine takes a while to come off Im not 100% good in the week just can't do it! Need more motivation, I haven't done a food diary I will try and do one x you've done well losing 9 pounds. I do lots of walking will be hard wen I'm back at work in October tho x
excellent we'll be buddies can keep eachother going!

Hi giblet you've done really well well done!! Are you still enjoying it? Guess it's a way of life now? X

Wednesday 28th

Hey Harrysmum- sorry I mean 6lbs! Silly me! :copon:

Yes so 6lbs by the end of August- so just less than 5 weeks to do it in! Best get to work!

Are you going Extra easy, or red and gree days? I have started mixing in some red days now as usually do EE so hoping that will help a little.

So anyway to the food!

Last night was a bit of a mess :( I was tired and hungary and we were going to order pizza but then I decided we should save money and eat the one we had out the freezer, so anyway had

Half a pizza
Some slimming world wedges
A small breaded chicken breast
and a snack pack of oreo's - oops :argh:

I'm not going to syn it all, just move on and start a new day, It could have been a lot worse if we had got domino's, as it wasn't a massive pizza that we shared. So new day, try again!

Food for today EE- wed 28th July

Breakfast
1 piece ww toast (2.5 syns)
Low fat marg (1 syn)
Baked beans

Lunch:
Wholemeal roll (HEB)
Ham, low fat mayo (1 syn), tomato and cucumber
Muller light
Apple and a banana

Tea:
Turkey breast, cougette, peppers, onions, carrot
Stiry fry sauce- 4 syn
Rice (1 syn)

Total Syns: 9.5

I am hoping I have not ruined my weigh in for tomorrow with my funny tea last night. Although I was bad and ate something I shouldn't I am pleased that it didn't turn into a major binge, I kept it in control, in the grand scheme of things, 3 slices of pizza, a little piece of chicken and 4 oreo's isn't all that bad is it!

So fingers crossed for tomorrow :) and I have 2 new slimming buddies to help now!

Claire x

Hi Freshstartnewme! Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying reading your diary entries. Please don't beat yourself up about the pizza we have definitely all been there, and mine is usually with the old vino at the weekend!! (Quick fire question for you - how many syns is a Mikado stick?) Thanks lovely xx

Back