New Start with 42 tetras!

Hey Mini! Ive put something on that link to start off our WWI's inviting anyone else to join I hope things are going well with you? xxx

well done and now enjoy your day..x

Thanks Shanny :) Have a nice day too.:)

By the way how do I add more than one quote to a reply? I can't seem to do it don't know what I'm doing - technophobe!!! lol

Next to the quote button press that and it turns orange.. Mmm does that make any sense??

I only discovered it 2 months ago myself lol

Next to the quote button press that and it turns orange.. Mmm does that make any sense??

I only discovered it 2 months ago myself lol

Thanks Shanny will give it a whirl! :)

Well weighed myself this morning 15st 1/4lb! Well happy :D That's 9lbs down since Tues! ;) I've got here and beyond more than once this year so i'm really hoping I can keep it up this time. I have to be honest I've eaten quite a few babybels but if it's working and stopping me eating carbs that's ok by me!

I can actually feel the difference in my clothes so hopefully my uniform won't look sprayed on on Friday! Just hope I can keep away for the kids chocolate eggs next weekend its going to be tough.... xxx

I'm soooo cold! I'm wearing a wooly scarf and its a lovely sunny day. Ketosis is well and truely here!

Morning! Just! LOL Weigh in today stayed the same so that's all good. Hoping tomorrow on my first official WI I'll be into the 14's again fingers crossed. Today the kids are still on school hols and I'm going to try and get some revision done - but its not really happening thanks to minimins distracting me!!

So til later! :)

Tomorrows official weigh in day and I really hope I'm back in the 14s. The past few times I've got there though I've thought oo I'll do it the healthy eating way from here but it never happens and hence here I am today. I really want to do this again but I'm not finding it easy. :eek:

Bought the kids a curlywirly earlier and thought if I was on weight watchers I could have one of those! But I want to get this done quickly and then follow weight watchers or calorie count. Oh hum :p

Yipee Back in the 14s :D (again lol) really happy. I really hope not to see those 15s again.

This morning the weather is beautiful I'm trying to get the boys out of the house and their sister's mucking out all day so I can get on with some study..disease processes, body systems, oncology and relevant imaging modalities... get in! NOT! Don't think I brainy I'm not though sounds good though eh? LOL

Its day 1 of week 2 then I hope I can stay focussed this week. :p

Hello todays been good plenty of water ect but.....

Although I lost 10 lbs (first week) last week I kept eating cheese. A babybel here a piece of danish blue there and I can't stop it! I know it won't have an effect on ketosis I'm sure it will slow my losses down in the long run but I just can't stop! Help!! Does anyone else pick like this? I sort of kid myself by saying you can do it on the atkins?

Doesn't help that the kids are driving me mad argueing! Bloomin hormones! :sigh:

Another beautiful day :) Think I'll get my summer clothes out of the loft and see what I can squeeze into. 3/4 stone down today so that's great considering all the cheese I'm eating. Eldest is off t a friends and twins going to take a picnic up the fields for an adventure. Feel redundant! Suppose I should study? mmm xxx

Hello todays been good plenty of water ect but.....

Although I lost 10 lbs (first week) last week I kept eating cheese. A babybel here a piece of danish blue there and I can't stop it! I know it won't have an effect on ketosis I'm sure it will slow my losses down in the long run but I just can't stop! Help!! Does anyone else pick like this? I sort of kid myself by saying you can do it on the atkins?

Doesn't help that the kids are driving me mad argueing! Bloomin hormones! :sigh:
Maybe stop with the cheese hun?You are only tempting yourself even more and kidding yourself into a false sense of security that it is ok to do this and may even worse tip you over the edge for a binge and slow weigh loss.Im speaking from experience.
Maybe if your needing to eat cheese go onto ss+?
When you do loose weight and reach your target and you go onto a more healthier lifestyle,you will want to omit cheese as much as you can.
In 6 months time you will look back and think how quickly it went!!
You can do this xx

Maybe stop with the cheese hun?You are only tempting yourself even more and kidding yourself into a false sense of security that it is ok to do this and may even worse tip you over the edge for a binge and slow weigh loss.Im speaking from experience.
Maybe if your needing to eat cheese go onto ss+?
When you do loose weight and reach your target and you go onto a more healthier lifestyle,you will want to omit cheese as much as you can.
In 6 months time you will look back and think how quickly it went!!
You can do this xx

Cheers me dear I know you're right. I had my last piece of cheese this morning and that's it. The fact is I'm in ketosis so I don't feel hungry so its silly to eat it. I am a compulsive binger for sure and don't want to go down that road as things are going too well just now.

I appreciate the kick up the bum! I see you're starting Cd in a week or 2? What you doing now? ;) xx

Cheers me dear I know you're right. I had my last piece of cheese this morning and that's it. The fact is I'm in ketosis so I don't feel hungry so its silly to eat it. I am a compulsive binger for sure and don't want to go down that road as things are going too well just now.

I appreciate the kick up the bum! I see you're starting Cd in a week or 2? What you doing now? ;) xx

Im just doing a nutritionally balanced vlcd,but the weight loss has just been too slow although I have been 100%,I just now want quicker losses!Being on CD previously I got down to an ideal BMI but put it back on when I got together with my ex who was a chef and an amazing one at that!I just couldn't say no to the food! But now I know what I want and I'd like to think that would never happen again!
I start CD in just under 2 weeks and it cant come soon enough!! When I start it will be 7 weeks till my Cape Verde holiday with my new partner and I am so determined to loose an extra 2 stone by then!

I know how hard it can be,I think we all just need to have a serious word with ourselves and decide exactly what it is we really want.
Maybe promise yourself a new car at the end or get your OH to buy you a designer dress to spur you on!
Im very very lucky in that my mum has agreed if I get back to my ideal weight she will pay for half of my boob job....I have never had such a big incentive! Maybe a big incentive is something to consider?
Good luck hun
xxx:)

Last edited:
Hi Rachele, Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and it looks like very well!

Have had some considerable blips myself lately and now have a very painful tooth socket so CC is out for today as well. Trouble is everyhting tastes really yucky with all the medication and mouth wash that I am having to use so at least I am not on a mad binge out self pity....:D......:boohoo:

Anyway, well done once again ...:)

Im very very lucky in that my mum has agreed if I get back to my ideal weight she will pay for half of my boob job....I have never had such a big incentive! Maybe a big incentive is something to consider?
Good luck hun
xxx:)

Great incentives hol, boob job -excellent!;)

We'll I'm defo going to have a tummy tuck 3 kids in 24 months including twins (ok they are 12 and 14 now! lol) and carrying this weight have taken their toll on my body. I researched it last time I lost the weight on CD but then started putting it on again. I've just got a new car! But there'll be no stopping me with clothes shopping though!! We're off to Salzberg at the end of July and I want feel and look great for then.

You're right about getting serious though. I've made too many false starts and want to finish it this time. :) x

Hi Rachele, Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and it looks like very well!

Have had some considerable blips myself lately and now have a very painful tooth socket so CC is out for today as well. Trouble is everyhting tastes really yucky with all the medication and mouth wash that I am having to use so at least I am not on a mad binge out self pity....:D......:boohoo:

Anyway, well done once again ...:)

Thanks for dropping by Emmalaine! :) I hope your socket heals quickly and isn't too painful in the process poor you. The sun being out helps raise the mood. We all have blips its not an easy journey sometimes but you know you can do it. ;)xx

Well we've had a death in the family today. Sooty the hamster died :( Kids were dead upset. I was actually thinking one down one to go! Am I evil? I had to bury it in the garden and it was as stiff as a board. Bless it was cute actually but kids soon lose their bloomin interest in their pets and have to be nagged to look after them.

Anyway I'm fighting the cheese urge tonight and winning so far. I was thinking it could of been a lot worse when I think of what I could of eaten and brought myself out of ketosis. My only worry is when I finally come of Cd I'll binge again. I didn't binge before Cd the first time round. Its like now I know Cd works so fast I can have a blow out and quickly lose it again. I really don't want to get back into that habbit so 100% days from now on till goal...I hope. Then never Cd again...I hope. To be honest I intend having a tummy tuck when I'm at goal so theres no way I'll spend all that money (or my husband will) and go through the pain to put on weight.

Its funny how you can feel like you've conquered all your food issues and feel more in control whist you're on ss though. My first time I thought I had it nailed and that i'd never over eat again but its not so easy without ketosis and the comfort of a chocolate tetra me thinks.

Oh well being on here's stopped me thinking about cheese! LOl xxx

Hi Rachele,

Your doing great on CD so far. Is'nt it magical to see 14 on the scales and to say goodbye to 15 and hopefully for the last time too. All this talking of eating cheese is making me want cheese, cos im a veggie too so cheese would be the first thing I would go for - so feel your pain.

Im totally loving your diary and some of the things you have said its like a mirror of myself - weighing morning and just before bed to guess the next days weight. But eating the cheese is just comfort something to nibble on to feel like your still chewing. You mentioned atkins how about doing that after cd to maintain the weight you seem to know the principles of it - I do believe it would maintain ones weight IMO.

That sounds like a brill course, really interesting. If you dont mind me asking any special requirements needed for the course.....

Hi Rachele,

Your doing great on CD so far. Is'nt it magical to see 14 on the scales and to say goodbye to 15 and hopefully for the last time too. All this talking of eating cheese is making me want cheese, cos im a veggie too so cheese would be the first thing I would go for - so feel your pain.

Im totally loving your diary and some of the things you have said its like a mirror of myself - weighing morning and just before bed to guess the next days weight. But eating the cheese is just comfort something to nibble on to feel like your still chewing. You mentioned atkins how about doing that after cd to maintain the weight you seem to know the principles of it - I do believe it would maintain ones weight IMO.

That sounds like a brill course, really interesting. If you dont mind me asking any special requirements needed for the course.....

Thanks for your lovely post Twiggy! Saying farewell to 15 is great and this time IS the last time i'll see it. You defo know the draw of the cheese being a vegi too. Your right its just a comfort thing so I must stay away! Boo. I see your start weight was pretty much the same as my restart how you getting on?

As for the course its is great and interesting. Though I have to say I enjoy the hospital placement more the the academia. I particually hate the physics! As for entry requirements I'm a mature (old) student (oldest on the course!) so I did a years science based access course before I applied as it was so long since I'd studied. But I think its just level 3 qualifications that are required and if you're older life experience means a lot too so its almost an advantage. Hope that helps and good look with your weight loss ttfn! Lol :) xx

This morning the scales said 14st 11 3/4lbs! Another 3/4lb down same as yesterday though I think I put stones not lbs yesterday! Oops wishful thinking! That's 11 1/2 lbs in 9 days hooray! Got to keep going and hopefully next tues on my 2nd weigh in it'll make a stone fingers crossed! xxx

Back