New starter but suffering with terrible constipation.... Please help

Thumbelina1979

Hi all you amazing cd peeps

I'm on week 2 day 1 of the cd but I'm suffering with terrible constipation which if I don't try and control now might make me come off it and I don't want that at all! I've tried the fibre to add to my water but I don't think it's strong enough!

Can anyone give me some advice???? Please! X

Morning, Try psyllium husks which u can get from a health food shop. My consultant told me to us this and it works for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using MiniMins

I take 4 husks a day & it's fine. It bulks up your waste & stops tbd problem. I also suffered badly at the start, but once I got rid of the backlog I was fine!

If you're already bunged up, don't take more fibre at this point - fibre is a preventative measure. Taking more will only bung you up all the more!

Sounds like it's time to consider something that'll make you go - senna is recommended over dulcolax (bisacodyl) because dulcolax can be a bit fierce (it works well but boy can you get some nasty cramps while it's pushing everything on!).

The other thing I've learnt that'll sometimes work - first thing tomorrow morning, down a pint of water in one go. Quite often that's enough to cause a big enough 'spasm' to shift everything on - and out... ;)

Hope you get sorted soon, hun x

Thanks everyone tried senna yesterday and so far it's not done anything ?

Gonna try a dulcolax today fingers crossed!

Sorry for the type of post but it's really awful at the min

Thanks for the support ?

On a plus point I'm 10 days in and I've lost a stone already ??? whoop whoop x

Hi. I've had the same problem and been taking different laxatives every night for a week including senna, dulcolax, movicol and lactuose. Nothing helped and it's been horrendous. Finally used a suppository from Boots at the weekend that helped a little (very little) and had to do the same last night. So I'm not so uncomfortable now but I really don't understand why the laxatives haven't done the job. Hope u get sorted soon, I really feel for you. Boots glycerin suppositories if u get chance to try them.
Good luck XxX

Website says £2.99 for pack of 12 by the way

Back