New Starter......does this seem OK?

Hi All

I joined SW on Thursday, and it seems to be a great healthy plan. I lost 4 and a half stone on Cambridge last eyar, but I found it very hard to sustain when I came off it and put 3 stone back on :( I tried to do it again recently, but managed all of 3 weeks (and lost a stone to kick start me) before it drove me insane not eating, and I decided to give Slimming World a try.

I am finding it a lot to take in after CWP, as all I had to do was grab a shake, but I am sure I will get into the swing.

Does this seem OK, as I feel like I have eaten TONS today already :(

Breakfast - an Alpen light bar, a Muller light smooth toffee yoghurt.

Mid morning snack - A Banana

Lunch - Chick Pea salad, with cucumber, cherry toms, spring onion, celery and a dressing made of Tabasco, balsamic and mint, with a bit of tinned tuna and sweetcorn, a few picked onions and a bit of pickled beetroot (NOMS!)

Afternoon snack - A dark rye ryvita with a laughing cow extra light and a can of Sprite zero

For tea I am making quorn chilli con carne and for pud strawberries and quark (with a bit of hermasetas to sweeten)

Does this sound OK for a days food......it seems so much, but pretty healthy :D

Many thanks

Kitty x

The only thing I can see is where is your healthy extra a, apart from the 1 cheese triangle? And also, if you're doing extra easy, you're not having superfree with breakfast and at dinner you've eaten superfree after your meal rather than with it. Apart from that yes its fine don't worry if you feel you're eating too much as long as you're not stuffing yourself and you're stopping when your full its all good!! My food diary is pretty packed too lol that's the good thing about slimming world x

The only thing I can see is where is your healthy extra a, apart from the 1 cheese triangle? And also, if you're doing extra easy, you're not having superfree with breakfast and at dinner you've eaten superfree after your meal rather than with it. Apart from that yes its fine don't worry if you feel you're eating too much as long as you're not stuffing yourself and you're stopping when your full its all good!! My food diary is pretty packed too lol that's the good thing about slimming world x

Isn't a banana super free, plus all my veggies in my chickpea salad?

I am trying to get my head around this...lol So if I have say strawberries in my yoghurt, and a bit more dairy or option a it should be ok?

Last edited:
Isn't a banana super free, plus all my veggies in my chickpea salad?

I am trying to get my head around this...lol So if I have say strawberries in my yoghurt, and a bit more dairy or option a it should be ok?

Yeah it is hun but the point of the 1/3 superfree is so you don't fill your plate with so much free stuff and also keeps you fuller longer. You had a banana mid morning, and your strawberries after your tea. I know its hard to get your head round, but you will get used to it promise lol

Just if you have banana before or with breakfast, like I have banana and strawberries with yogurt or toast and banana. And at lunch what you had is brilliant yeah. And dinner you could either have side salad or veggies with your meal. Or a meal like spag bol has mushrooms and onions so that's integrated in. It will become second nature soon lol x

As for strawberries and yogurt its fine just its not part of the meal, does that make sense? I dunno if I'm explaning this right lol have your option a wether its milk for tea and coffees or cheese, you're allowed 6 of those laughing cow extra light you know! X

OK for breakfast I had a lean grilled bacon and poached egg on 2 small slices of wholemeal toast(no spread), a teaspoon of ketchup and a banana. I am so stuffed now lol

I *think* I am getting it lol x

So.....my day turned a bit bad :( or it feels like it with the amount I have eaten

Breakfast - a lean grilled bacon and poached egg on 2 small slices of wholemeal toast(no spread), a teaspoon of ketchup (1 syn) and a banana

Lunch - big leafy salad with tuna (0.5 syn for the light salad cream), bit of lean ham, cottage cheese, pickled onions and pickled beetroot.

Mid Afternoon Snack - 2 ryveta (3 syns) with 2 laughing cow extra lights, a handful of syn free kale chips

Tea- A sweet and sour mugshot and a muller light and a banana for tea (needed something quick)x

Supper - I had an alpen light bar (3 syns)

a can of Fanta Zero and a can of Sprite Zero

Total syns 7.5

How does this seem? I feel like I have eaten SO much, how can I lose weight lol

Last edited:
Back