New Starter on the Xenical way of life...

la_tinkerbelle

Last edited:
hello and welcome - im pretty new to xenial too only been on tablets for just over 2 weeks. I did a lot of research and to be honest it almost put me off - until i found minis. This site has been great and it reassured me that as long as i stuck to a low fat diet I wouldnt have any of the dreaded side effects.
Try not to eat foods that are more than 5% fat (5g of fat per 100g) and a maximum of 15g of fat per meal.
I find those the easiest ways to monitor my fat intake. The 5g per 100g is quick and simple to work out when your shopping too.

Good luck with your journey, you have a good reason for doing this and I really hope that losing weight makes surgery less of a risk for you. xx

Great to meet you Clair, you're in the right place here. The support is fantastic. I've had health problems too recently (heart attack). I'm on medication and am fine, but with all the tests I had it was discovered that I had poor liver function. Apparently I have a very 'fatty' liver. I can't tell you how delightful it was to discover I was fat INSIDE as well! Anyway, one thing I'm sure of, the only thing in this life that you can have total control over is your weight, with the help of Xenical and the gang at minis we can all get in control. I wish you well with your health issues and remind you that losing weight is more than just cosmetic, we owe it to the people that love us to do what we can to stay as healthy as poss!

Welcome to Mini's.. this site and this section has been so supportive and i wouldnt not have lost the weight (although its a small amount to a)what i have to lose and b) what others have lost..) without this site and this amazing group of people!!

i do hope you ever sucess in your journey... and i do hope that losing weight will help with what surgery you have to have...

please keep posting. we would love to all know how it goes, and keep up to date with everyone...

Good LUCK!!

Hi Clair,

Sorry to hear about your troubles :( I hope everything works out okay for you!

As well as taking the xenical I go out for a 30-40 min walk at least 5 days a week. The exercise bit is just as important but walking is a relatively easy way to do it.

I'd also be thrilled with a size 16. I jumped the gun a bit today and bought a pair of size 18 tracky bottoms. Bit tight round the tum though. :rolleyes:

Hi

Good luck losing weight with Xenical. I've been on it for just over a month and have lost a stone so far. You have a fantastic reason for losing weight and also sound like you are very determined so I'm sure you're going to do really well.

I also did research online about it but haven't found it anywhere near as bad as its painted, so long as I eat healthily.

Keep posting, Minis has really helped me over the past month and I'm sure you'll find everyone as friendly as I have.

xx

Hi guys!

Thanks so much for the replies, it's lovely to know there's people out there going through the same experiences and willing to share the ups and downs that us dieters face...

I'm actually no stranger to diets lol and one thing I have realised is the 5g rule which is actually pretty similar to Rosemary Conley's rule that I did years ago of 4g per 100g... so something I'm familiar with which is good, makes it all a little less daunting!

I'm not actually starting the Xenical til next Thursday as I have quite a lot of tests and procedures to get through up until next Wednesday so it's healthy eating til then, and then onto the tablets... we'll see how it goes :)

One day at a time is my motto these days... the inspirations on here are all proof it can be done, thank you to everyone who posts their losses and successes!

Thanks again!

Clair

dieting is EVIL words :p. just think of it as healthy habits lol.
im sure you will do fine and i hope in being here and loosing weight it will help you in other areas too.. just stick at it and come find us when your low , we are a good team here and we all help each other out

welcome to the xenical family xx

hiya clair

welcome to xenical! good luck and if u need any advice at all just ask!

love katie
xxxx

dieting is EVIL words

lol that's exactly what the new doctor said - he said I wasn't going on a diet, we were changing my whole way of eating/living with food... dieters fail, healthy eaters always prosper for the rest of their lives he said ;)

Thanks again for the welcomes!

I decided to start my Xenical journey today...

I was going to wait til Thursday when all my battery of tests are over and done with but then thought it's the same old mind set 'I'll do it tomorrow...' so kick up the bum and took the first pill this morning, even managed a banana for breakfast (I find it hard to eat breakfast :eek:)...

I'm so hopefully at the thought of losing some - any - weight, and being healthier, I feel like crying at the thought of it...

But, fingers crossed, this is a good thing and is gonna be great! :D

Clair x

good on you for bringing your start date forwards!

good uck

love katie
xxx

Well done!! keep us posted on how you go!!

thought I'd just add an update... know it's only day 2 but to keep me on the straight and narrow so to speak lol...

well I've been feeling awful, but nothing to do with the change in eating habits I don't think (well I hope not anyways)... I've got tonsilitis and also had to increase some of my other meds which kinda knock me for six so had awful headaches and nauseau but still, battling on...

Feeling quite proud actually as realised this is an excuse I'd use to eat badly - my head hurts or I'm so ill that I 'deserve' that chocolate bar or toast with butter and jam... and I'm so pleased that I've managed nearly a full week now of complete healthy eating with no slip ups whatsoever... still struggling with breakfast but even just a smoothy is something in the right direction I guess...

Had no adverse effects from the Xenical at all... hesitant yippee lol!

I keep coming on here to browse and can't tell you how inspiring everyone else's stories, experiences and weight losses are...! :)

hey!

well done on almost compleating a week! I dunno if this will help but i had awul head aches for about a week and a half when i started xenical! I couldnt sleep and felt really rough! I think i was experiencing this cos my body wanted the sugar, fat bread etc i was usually feeding it! I know a few others have gone through the same too!

If yur feelin a bit ikky about having breakfast would having some thing dry help you? Even if u have a piece of fruit your still starting your matabolism up so i dont really think it matter what u have or the quantity! Like you said its a great achievment you are eating so early at all so well done!

hope you feel a little better soon!

Love katie
xxxx

ps my little girl loves tinkerbell! We r going to see disney princesses on ice on thursday and shes a special guest there! Shes dead excited!

wow congrats on almost completing a week.. i know when i first started, i was realllly scared about what was going to happen, and what if i read the label wrong (stil do this lol)
but you will be fine...
maybe get your hands on some of the slim fast shakes if you think you could manage them for brekkie, if not have some fruit or something like that.....

I normally just a bowl of cereal for my brekkie and a cup of tea

at the minute I'm having shredded wheat cause most of the rest seem to have ridiculous amounts of sugar.
I couldn't go without something to eat in the morning but not a lot. I don't know how people do full english breakfasts!

Back