Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New Starter

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by helena96, 2 August 2011 Social URL.

1. helena96

helena96 New Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Everyone
    I am a new starter this week, have done WW before but not on the new pro points plan. I am going on a long haul trip in 12 weeks and terrified of the inevitable squeeze into the plane seat ! I am hoping to lose about a stone and a half before I go and have started the wii Zumba tonight also... I was 3 stone lighter last time I flew long haul and it was a squeeze then, it is lovely to see so many positive threads they give me inspiration !! X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cammyttm

Cammyttm Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(15.85%)
    Diet:
    Ww pro points
    Hi
    Is zumba on the wii any good? Was thinking of getting it.I'm going to go to a class on wednesday nights but I work shifts so can't really go more often than that. I'd like to be able to do it at home too.

4. helena96

helena96 New Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Cammyttm
    I really enjoyed the wii zumba and am going to do it again tonight i am very unfit but kept up quite well it is fast paced but i threw in a few of my own rubbish moves when i couldnt keep up !

5. Cammyttm

Cammyttm Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(15.85%)
    Diet:
    Ww pro points
    I might buy it then. I think I'll spend the whole time laughing though I'm not very co ordinated :)

6. Galifreyan

Galifreyan Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast 3-2-1
    I really enjoy it but spend most of my time laughing as I have no sense of direction or coordination when dancing and keep doing really random moves that aren't on the game lol x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

7. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    In 12 weeks Helena I have lost nearly 2 stone. I've tracked & weighed & also attended a minimum of 3 zumba classes per week so your goal of 1.5 stone is achieveable. :)

I know how you feel about the tight squeeze on the aeroplane seats! I travel globally with my job & this year I was flying budget airline alot & was so uncomfortable that I thought enough is enough I need to lose weight so I plucked up courage & walked into my first WW meeting & zumba class.
    12 weeks down the line I am so happy that I did. :D
    I still have a long way to go - another 8 stone but I know I can do it this time as WW PP fits in with my life totally & I've got my passion for exercise back too.
    I must say that I have an excellent WW leader & 2 excellent zumba instructors too.

Good luck. xxx

8. tanny mammy

tanny mammy New Member

wow thats fantastic .i joined 2 weeks ago then i went on 10 days holidays and still managed to loose 2lb .

9. helena96

helena96 New Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Boo that has given me hope im a little panicked about the long flight but Im going to keep going and try for two stone. I agree with you galifreyan i add loads of moves to wii zumba ive got the arm movements sorted but the feet are a disaster !

10. annieb_101

annieb_101 Anna here :D xxx

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i'm a new starter too :) want to loose a stone n a half but want to do it asap ahahahah lmao ... want as much gona as poss in the next 2 weeks (ano thats not gona happen tho) :/

zumba is fantastic :D get down to a class when you can, i love love love it - everyone else f***s up so it doesn't matter if you do, take someone with you so you can laugh at them ... works a treat xxx

11. vijch50

vijch50 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Can anyone answer this for me? I would love to try Zumba but I have a torn tendon in my ankle. I get by walking etc if I strap it. I wondered how much pressure on the ankle Zumba is? Would hate to spend the money and find I can't do it. I really need to do more exercise. Thanks in advance
    Vicki

12. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    My advice would be to wait until your ankle is healed Vicki.
    I do 3 to 4 zumba classes per week with 2 different instructors & there's lots of footwork even if you keep it low level & don't jump about.
    Personally I would wait a week or so. I have 'knackered' ankles through years of sport & I know if you do too much too soon you can set yourself back by weeks.
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.