Step 1 Sole Source New starter

Jademac

Started sole source last wednesday, weigh in tomorrow, have been good and exercising. slightly worried though that because im exercising i might put it all bk on if one week i cant get to the gym. any ideas? x

Hi Jademac. Hope you are doing well. I started the diet last week as well so I know how you feel.

It depends on the type of exercise you are doing. My councilor told me that I should only do moderate exercise for the first 5 weeks with no strength training at all as your body needs to get used to the diet. I don't think it will all go back on beause as long as you are 100% you will still lose weight.

I hope that helps x x

ive been told not to exercise for the first 2 weeks untill my body has adjusted and i resd a thresd here that said to listen to your body and dont over do it, so i suppose that everyone is different. i dont think that you would gain weight on this extreme diet ... all the best ;)

The advice I was given was that the only recommended exercise while on SS was low impact eg walking as anything more high impact like the gym will change the way your body processes the small amount of calories we are taking in and may effect weight loss. But I'm no expert on these things... You CDC should know more :)

Hi Jademac. Well done for finishing your first week - that's a HUGE achievement.
I'm on day 4 of my first week.
As long as you stick to SS 100% you WILL lose a great amount of weight whether you're exercising or not.
I did LL years ago and lost 7 stone while exercising, however I only lost 7 lbs in the first week.
This time on Cambridge with zero exercise and a desk job so sitting down all day, I've already lost 5.5 lbs in 3 days!
Don't kill yourself with exercise, it's not necessary. I speak from experience!
I do intend to do just some toning exercise this time round though, just to keep the flab behaving!
Please let us know how you get on at your weigh-in.

Back