New starter

Pickle101

Morning everyone
I'm new to this site and I'm starting the Cambridge diet today. I was wondering if anyone else has just started and would like to chat.
I'm 5"2 and weigh 12 stones and my goal weight is 9 stone. I have done the Cambridge diet once a few years ago- managed to loose a stone then had a family bereavement and lost my way
I'm looking forward to getting going this tome and was hoping having support on here will help to motivate me
Thanks for listening x

Hi,

Good luck in your journey would you like to buddy up? I start on Wednesday and really need some motivation. I have been on CD before got to goal weight and now just piled on lots and need to loose 30lb to start of with

Hi Sap 91
I would love to buddy up. I've just woken up and im congratulating myself for getting through day 1!! Good luck for starting on wednesday. Lets do this!!!!!!+

Good luck and I hope it all goes really well.
I used to work for Cambridge, back when I was in my 20s. Data entry clerk. We used to have Cambridge shakes for breakfast and lunch 5 days a week, if we wanted them. Sometimes bars too. They were getting near to their sell by date so we got them at work.

Hi Ireland78
Ive managed to get through my first week ok. The first few days were tough but after that i can honestly say i havent been hungry. I have gone to bed quite early every night though to avoid temptation, and unfortunately i ate a little bit of bread last night!!!!
Im getting weighed on wednesday so hopefully i will have lost a few pounds.
Good luck for starting today, let me know how you get on x x

Hello I've just started today too! Rather nervous...I've done it before and I know it all works, but my life has changed so much now and its going to be heaps harder...but I HAVE to stick to it!! Ive been getting so down about myself and have no clothes that fit, and for a 23 year old woman, to be morbidly obese is quite honestly mortifying :( ...really need some buddies to help me on this journey so please get in touch anyone!!!

Adele x

Hi Adele
I'm happy to be your buddy. I'm on day 8 and feeling quite positive at the moment. My initial hunger has gone after the first few days and I've found that every time I've waivered a little I've read everyones stories on here and its helped me to be motivated.
I too am mortified at letting myself put so much weight on. I lost my younger sister suddenly 5 years ago then my dad shortly after and that was definitely my trigger to overeat. So now I am finally feeling a bit stronger and im determined to kick this weight forever!!!!!

Hi Adele
I'm happy to be your buddy. I'm on day 8 and feeling quite positive at the moment. My initial hunger has gone after the first few days and I've found that every time I've waivered a little I've read everyones stories on here and its helped me to be motivated.
I too am mortified at letting myself put so much weight on. I lost my younger sister suddenly 5 years ago then my dad shortly after and that was definitely my trigger to overeat. So now I am finally feeling a bit stronger and im determined to kick this weight forever!!!!!

Hello :)

Good for you! And I'm sorry to hear about your losses, I know only too well how emotional trauma makes us eat!! I'm just desperate to stick to it this time round, I know it works so well I just cant wait to be a few weeks down the line and a few pounds thinner :) trying to tell myself I'm not ravenously hungry right now lol!!

Hi Adele
Well done- you are nearly through your first day!! Im just about to have my evening pack then once I get my daughter to sleep i might have to go to sleep! Been watching a lot of television since I started this diet!

Last edited:
Done 2 days now and still on track!!! Feel heaps better already...probably psychological more than anything, as I am finally doing something good for myself :) The weekend however will be the hardest part, with visitors staying and meals to cook....:eek: so determined though I want to see a massive difference on the scales on Tuesday!

Hi Adele well done for getting through 2 days!. I had my first weigh in last night and ive lost 7.5 pounds
Felt motivated yesterday after my weigh in but im struggling a bit today- think its more boredem than hunger. Im just craving some real food but im determined to keep going.

Hi Pickle
Sorry for disappearing I did not start as just had to many outings but finally start tomorrow

Hi Sap
Good luck for starting tomorrow. Ive cheated a bit today with it being mothers day (ate a couple if ferrero rocher and some cheese!!!!) Feel a bit annoyed at myself but im going straight back to good behaviour tomorrow x

Day 1 and feeling a struggle so thought I better get some motivation

Had my 500ml of water and it's 10 so will go have my first milkshake.

All I can think of today is food which is not good but I am going to ensure I stick to it as I know the first 3 days are hard and it gets better after so just need to stay focused.

Time for a shake so hopefully that will keep me going for an hour or 2 .

Strange all I am thinking about it good today

Keep going Sap. If you can get through today then just think how good you will feel when you wake up tomorrow morning! Im just about to have my first shake too.
Keep busy and you will get through it x x

How many shakes are you doing 3 or 4 ? I think I will do 4 as just struggling to survive I think and maybe slowly drop to 3 but today it's 4 for sure

Back