Step 1 Sole Source New Starts

Hiya,

Now it's my turn to apologise for missing your post! I just had my first weigh in since the week before Christmas (which seems like an age ago!). I went off plan for about ten days over the festive season, so I've been back on plan for about another ten. I'm dead happy to have lost 7lbs over that time! (I definitely put on when I was off plan, but that seemed to go pretty quickly as soon as I was back on!)

The upshot of that is that I've now lost two stone in total over the eight weeks since I started! Woohoo!

I'm going away for work tomorrow, and there'll be a dinner out as well as breakfast and lunch the next day, but I'm not to stressed about it - wise choices are the important thing. I don't feel like I'm cheating, as I think it's important not to get into the mindset that you are denying yourself, as that can make the diet seem like a punishment, and food like a reward - and I guess we all know that's not a healthy frame of mind to be in.

I'm thinking of trying the mix-a-mousse next week - and my CDC just told me that they've just brought out creamed rice, which could be a good one to try.

How about you? How have you been getting on? Once again I'm really sorry I missed your post - I must have switched notifications off by mistake or something.

No worries!! I'm glad you haven't just gone off the radar as I think there's a couple of people who've gone AWOL on here with the festive season! :)

Really good to hear about your loss, I do think its amazing how quickly people seem to lose when they do put on. That's great!

I'm doing well I've lost 2 stone 1lb and have 1 stone 1lb left to lose but I've started on step 3 today as I want to do the last stone a bit slower as I've joined a bootcamp too so will need the energy for exercise. It was so weird having brown pasta for dinner tonight and I actually have a bit of tummy ache don't think my body is used to carbs!! Xx

Hey. It's great that you're so close to your goal! Not to mention the fact that you're motivated enough to join a bootcamp. Good on you!

As I mentioned, I was away on business last week, so I ate dinner (an Indian) on Tuesday - no rice, but a bit of naan bread and some poppadoms. Then I had lunch on Weds (chicken and roast veg) and dinner (a burger) but I gave away half the bun. So, quite a bit of eating, but I thin I made relatively sensible choices from what was on offer. I was back in ketosis by Friday night, which was great, so I think I should still see a loss this week when my CDC comes on Wednesday.

I'm very happy to have lost two stone (I put up some pics in the motivating pics thread), but I'm super keen to lose half a stone more, as then I'll officially be 'overweight' and not 'obese'.

I've read a couple of really interesting posts on here recently - the first one was about the two kinds of people who do the Cambridge Diet (or possibly vlcds in general, I can't remember). One group who see the diet as a prison, and the other who see it as a choice. This very much equates to my way of thinking - I think if you see it as a choice that you're making, you're more likely to be able to stick to it in the short(ish) term, and make healthier choices in the longer term, and therefore hopefully be able to maintain a healthy weight in the future.

In the time it's taken me to type this on my phone I've totally forgotten the other interesting post I was going to mention, but if I remember it later, I'll let you know!

Hope this week has been good to you. How's the stomach coping with the carbs?

Aha! I've remembered the other post!

I can't remember what thread this post was in, but it was talking about NSVs (Non-scale victories). I though this was a great and really positive way of thinking because, as we all know, this is about more than numbers on the scale.

For me, my best NSV so far has been being able to get my wedding ring off with ease. That was something I hadn't managed in quite a while, and it was quite nice to think that my weight is coming off all over.

Well I lost 4lbs this week! Super happy with that, as I had three meals last week when I was away with work! I also got my measurements done today for the first time since I started on plan, and I'm very happy with the results.

I am also extra chuffed because I am now 'overweight', not 'obese'! Turns out I had measured my height incorrectly, so thought I had to get to 13st to pass that milestone! For once, I'm happy to be wrong!

I also got offered a new job/promotion today.

And it's my wedding anniversary!

Today is a good day!

Hope your day is good, too, and you are getting on well with your plan and your bootcamp.

Well I lost 4lbs this week! Super happy with that, as I had three meals last week when I was away with work! I also got my measurements done today for the first time since I started on plan, and I'm very happy with the results.

I am also extra chuffed because I am now 'overweight', not 'obese'! Turns out I had measured my height incorrectly, so thought I had to get to 13st to pass that milestone! For once, I'm happy to be wrong!

I also got offered a new job/promotion today.

And it's my wedding anniversary!

Today is a good day!

Hope your day is good, too, and you are getting on well with your plan and your bootcamp.

Ahhh that's brilliant! A 4lb loss is great especially knowing you haven't deprived yourself of food and you're still losing!

RE: Non scale victories, I totally understand and strangely enough the whole wedding ring thing is one of the main reasons that prompted me to start Cambridge. I had got to the point where there was just no way I would have been able to get the thing off my finger, lol!! After I lost a stone I could just about drag it off and now it slips off so easily - what an amazing feeling!

Happy Anniversary! How many years?

Are you going to take the promotion? January (which is usually a depressing month!) Feels soooooo much better when you are losing weight.

I lost 2lbs this week, very pleased with that being on step 3 and now mentally feels great having under a stone to lose - 12lbs to go woo hoo!

Was meant to go bootcamp this morning at 6.50am, I got up at 6.30 to go but it got too late so I missed it :( will definitely be getting up for it tomorrow though! Xx

Well 3lbs off this week, so that's not too bad. :) It's a better loss than I had expected as I reckon my TOM must be on its way, although I'm so irregular that it might not be - it's always a bit of a guessing game until the day before it arrives.

Been married for three years now and surprise, surprise that's the period over which the weight piled back on! The wedding ring thing was a big motivator for me, too. Now, though, I'm looking forward to seeing my collarbones on a regular basis! They're more visible now than they were when I started. I don't have any desire to be emaciated by any stretch of the imagination - but I do like my collarbones! :p

Glad that you're still losing a decent amount on step 3, getting closer and closer to that magic number! Hope the bootcamp's still going well for you. I hope the early morning starts are getting easier, and the toning you'll be doing is making it all worthwhile.

I've just tried the summer berry water, and it's really tasty. I make it much weaker than the packet suggests, but I've always been like that with juice. I'd definitely recommend it. I've also got the mix-a-mousse, and I liked that with the strawberry shake. I also tried the rice pudding last week, which I wasn't such a fan of, but I read on another thread that if you add some curry powder it makes a really nice curry-risotto type of thing. I've got another sachet of that, so I'll give it a try tonight and report back. Have you tried any of these yet? If so, what did you think? Also have you tried the new bonus bar for step 3 and up?

Keep soldiering on! xx

Well I was right. TOM popped his ugly head around the door this afternoon. Oh joy!

Just reading your posts ladies, congratulations on weight lost so far! I live reading the stories from people who have stuck to it and done so well!! Iv only just started yesterday but am feeling confident I can be like you in a couple of months, hopefully a couple of stones down! My first day went ok, I didn't feel too hungry and even sat with a glass of water while my partner and son ate a carvery, my favourite meal!! I have to say though I couldn't stand the texture or taste of the porridge or soup, it actually nearly made me sick! So think I am going to be living off shakes! My consultant is really nice and had said I can change any packs I don't like so will definitely be paying her a visit to do so. I figured if I don't like what I'm having in much much less likely to stick to it x

Morning everyone this is now my 4th day on the Cambridge I'm finding the amount of fluid ridiculous I just can't keep up and then I'm waking dehydrated in the middle of the night. I've got 3 1/2 stone of weight to lose so I just keep thinking it'll be worth it'. By the end of day one I was irritable snappy and dying to go to bed . Day 2 I think I felt hungry all day. Day 3 I'm in the zone now cooking for my family and savouring my shakes with a soup for dinner. I had to call my councillor as I needed milk in my coffee she assures me it's fine to just have alittle skimmed I'm not too sure though any ideas guys. I'm just about to start day 4 feeling so good and positive roll on Thursdays (1st weigh-in)

How much water are you drinking? I am filling a jug to 2 litres, putting it in the fridge and drinking it throughout the day, I don't drink tea or coffee so it is usual for me to fringe a lot if water but I usually have sugar free squash in it so having to get used to having it plain, what do you think if the soups? I really can't stomach then x

I'm drinking 2.6litre including my coffee I downloaded myfitness pal app on my phone to keep a track of my calorie and water intake . I prefer the shakes like you but I think I'm tolerating the soups as I eat them with a spoon whilst the rest of the family have dinner so far I've tried leek and potato and vegetable the leek and potato tasted like pure salt I do add black pepper aswell to try and disguise them alittle I didn't even try the porridge or snack bars. I started this on my weeks holiday at home but now I'm due back at work wondering how I'm going to get on as everyone knows I'm not one to say no to cakes or treats. When's your first week weigh in I'm planning on Thursday please let me know how you get on ☺️

Will be weighing in on a Friday. Had a nanna shake for breakfast which was fine and have just made rice pudding so will see how that is! How much have you got to lose? I know what you mean about work, there's always cakes and things flying around at mine too but you can do this! I just keep reminding myself that if I don't do this now I will still be as fat tomorrow so I NEED to do it now x

Three and a half stone to be back in the healthy BMI range 4 to be comfortable and pre baby weight. I just keep telling myself I want to be a good role model to my little ones fingers crossed this works for me I can't believe how inspirational everyone else's stories are the cravings are passing now I've tried your jugs of water tip so far so good. I've just got to have a lot of will power which is something I've lacked previously good luck how are you finding day 2 how much are you aiming on losing ☺️

Yeah day two going ok so far, had the rice pudding and it's ok, I will order it again so iv got an alternative to shakes, thinking if buying some cinnamon or nutmeg to flavour it with as my consultant said that's ok. Gonna have a hot chocolate shake tonight I think. Iv got 3 stone to lose to get to my pre pregnancy weight, my little boy has just turned one and I put on 3 stone while pregnant and just basically never lost it! But I want to do further and lose a further stone if possible x

Well 3lbs off this week, so that's not too bad. :) It's a better loss than I had expected as I reckon my TOM must be on its way, although I'm so irregular that it might not be - it's always a bit of a guessing game until the day before it arrives.

Been married for three years now and surprise, surprise that's the period over which the weight piled back on! The wedding ring thing was a big motivator for me, too. Now, though, I'm looking forward to seeing my collarbones on a regular basis! They're more visible now than they were when I started. I don't have any desire to be emaciated by any stretch of the imagination - but I do like my collarbones! :p

Glad that you're still losing a decent amount on step 3, getting closer and closer to that magic number! Hope the bootcamp's still going well for you. I hope the early morning starts are getting easier, and the toning you'll be doing is making it all worthwhile.

I've just tried the summer berry water, and it's really tasty. I make it much weaker than the packet suggests, but I've always been like that with juice. I'd definitely recommend it. I've also got the mix-a-mousse, and I liked that with the strawberry shake. I also tried the rice pudding last week, which I wasn't such a fan of, but I read on another thread that if you add some curry powder it makes a really nice curry-risotto type of thing. I've got another sachet of that, so I'll give it a try tonight and report back. Have you tried any of these yet? If so, what did you think? Also have you tried the new bonus bar for step 3 and up?

Keep soldiering on! xx

Thank you! That's a great loss esp considering TOTM!

I had my first STS last week and it kind of threw me, although I was right bang in the middle of TOTM so that could be why but feeling a bit disappointed and worried my weight loss has stalled. It doesn't help that I actually look OK at this weight, everyone keeps saying 'surely you're not going to lose anymore' and heres me thinking hmmm actually I feel alright at this weight. But I so desperately want to get to my goal weight so I need to stick at this!

I haven't tried a bonus bar yet what are they like? Also I don't like summer berries so I got some of the sunshine orange but I totally agree you can't make them to the packet strength it would taste GROSS!! Xxx

Just reading your posts ladies, congratulations on weight lost so far! I live reading the stories from people who have stuck to it and done so well!! Iv only just started yesterday but am feeling confident I can be like you in a couple of months, hopefully a couple of stones down! My first day went ok, I didn't feel too hungry and even sat with a glass of water while my partner and son ate a carvery, my favourite meal!! I have to say though I couldn't stand the texture or taste of the porridge or soup, it actually nearly made me sick! So think I am going to be living off shakes! My consultant is really nice and had said I can change any packs I don't like so will definitely be paying her a visit to do so. I figured if I don't like what I'm having in much much less likely to stick to it x

Keep it up girl the first couple of weeks are hard but it's so worth it! Xx

Thank you! That's a great loss esp considering TOTM!

I had my first STS last week and it kind of threw me, although I was right bang in the middle of TOTM so that could be why but feeling a bit disappointed and worried my weight loss has stalled. It doesn't help that I actually look OK at this weight, everyone keeps saying 'surely you're not going to lose anymore' and heres me thinking hmmm actually I feel alright at this weight. But I so desperately want to get to my goal weight so I need to stick at this!

I haven't tried a bonus bar yet what are they like? Also I don't like summer berries so I got some of the sunshine orange but I totally agree you can't make them to the packet strength it would taste GROSS!! Xxx

I'm sure you'll lose a chunk this week. Also, remember the muscle you're building at bootcamp is heavier than the fat you're losing. In terms of staying where you are or reaching goal, it wouldn't be any crime to change your goal if you're feeling good where you are. Numbers are just numbers, how you feel is the most important thing. That said, I can totally relate to the desire to tick off that 'goal weight' box.

I've not tried a bonus bar as I'm still on SS, but my CDC tried one and she said it was ok, but a bit too sweet for her to have in one go. I tried the rice pudding with a bit of curry powder as some others suggested, and it was a definite improvement.

Found today a but harder as I'm so tired!! Plus my fella made macaroni cheese and it smells beautiful and I don't even like macaroni cheese lol!! X

Just keep going! There are hard days and easy days, but overall it does get easier.

I'm drinking 2.6litre including my coffee I downloaded myfitness pal app on my phone to keep a track of my calorie and water intake . I prefer the shakes like you but I think I'm tolerating the soups as I eat them with a spoon whilst the rest of the family have dinner so far I've tried leek and potato and vegetable the leek and potato tasted like pure salt I do add black pepper aswell to try and disguise them alittle I didn't even try the porridge or snack bars. I started this on my weeks holiday at home but now I'm due back at work wondering how I'm going to get on as everyone knows I'm not one to say no to cakes or treats. When's your first week weigh in I'm planning on Thursday please let me know how you get on ☺️

Funny, I find it easier at work than when I'm at home. At home the space between 'meals' seems to drag a bit, whereas in work the days go in pretty quickly. I tend to have a bar or tetra at about 12.30, some soup or porridge when I get home any time between 5.30 and 7, and a hot chocolate shake (or occasionally hot chocolate mint made with peppermint tea - yum!) sometime between 9.30 and 10.30. How do you space out your meals?

Back